PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Johnson Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in the history of this forum was more wrong them NEM.:D

Yes, but even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Do you remember his campaign to draft DeMarcus Ware (before Ware shot up the draft boards)?

Andy - rock on! Though I gotta admit that your other thread (that we will win) had me wondering why you were content predicting a W without providing any reasons or explanations to back it up.
But Andy did indeed provide the Main reason why the Pats would defeat the Falcons: because That Is What They Do. In other words, the Patriot Whole has always been greater than the sum of their parts, so that if somebody (or, in the case of CB, somebodies) is unavailable, then the Next Man Up is expected to Do His Job. He is expected to possess enough athletic ability for the position to learn the playbook, study the opponent, apply the technique taught by his coaches, and then make the transition as seamless as possible. And that's exactly what happened last night.

Besides, I really never should've thought that Bill & Brady would actually lose 3 of their first 4 home games. What was I thinking?!?

No, not the player, though I did appreciate him when he played here.

I am referring to Andy Johnson the poster who, through all of the Pats' trials & tribulations this season, still remained steadfast in his belief that the team and especially the defense were better than their record, and especially their statistics, indicated that they were.

And he was right.

And I was wrong - very wrong.

While this salty old pessimist was looking for reasons why the Pats would not win tonight - logical, indisputable reasons I thought at the time - Andy (and others too) merely had to recall 16 whopping years of empirical evidence from Bill & Brady, that the past is past and how the next game looks is all that is needed to determine what the outcome could be.

Looking ahead, and not behind, is a lesson that Andy & the Patriots have always remembered, and is one that I will not forget…at least not until the Chargers game.

Well done Andy. Mea maxima culpa.

Mmm…crow doesn't taste too bad, especially after a half-dozen (or so) Oktoberfests.

Captain I've usually been pretty rough on you because of all the negative posts but I have nothing but respect right now. Classy move.

I can't say I had complete confidence in the D going into last night. I wouldn't have been shocked if Atlanta had their way with us. But then I started to think: I've seen this Patriots movie before. One side of the ball struggling, injuries piling up and about to face a bad matchup. This is usually when they make us all look stupid.

AJ called it, I had my crow for breakfast...

I couldn't see half the game because of the fog last night... Was in 324 and from the 50 to the N end zone was a shroud of fog!
At least for those trying to make up "FogGate", there really was fog.

In '07 - or any other time - there was no spying, by the Patriots anyway.

In '15, same thing goes for ball deflation.

And lost in all of this is that they integrated yet another member of the D SEAMLESSLY in Harris last night. More than that not only did he play meaningful snaps, but they had impact from a guy who was a "wasted roster spot" or "will be released to make room for a 4th CB or Mcclellin"

We lament the GM BB because he doesn't build teams the way we want him to, manage injuries the way we want him to, or play "names" the way we want him to either. Yet year after year (after decade) as Fall turns to winter and the holiday season looms...the proof if definitively in that figgy pudding

Anyone who said something like "just imagine what the Falcons are gonna do/the Falcons will hang 50 on this defense" is a fool. People have been doing that since a 28-27 loss to a crappy Miami team in 2004. Then they held Fivehead and his TD passes record to three points.

What does that even mean? There's literally no such thing as being a New England Patriots homer. You could be over the top optimistic about everything relating to the team, and you'd simply be a realist.

Haha. Fair point. It is resasonable to be optimistic about 95 percent of the time as a Pats fan. That's remarkable. I would say AJ and Rob, however, tend towards 100%.

No, not the player, though I did appreciate him when he played here.

I am referring to Andy Johnson the poster who, through all of the Pats' trials & tribulations this season, still remained steadfast in his belief that the team and especially the defense were better than their record, and especially their statistics, indicated that they were.

And he was right.

And I was wrong - very wrong.

While this salty old pessimist was looking for reasons why the Pats would not win tonight - logical, indisputable reasons I thought at the time - Andy (and others too) merely had to recall 16 whopping years of empirical evidence from Bill & Brady, that the past is past and how the next game looks is all that is needed to determine what the outcome could be.

Looking ahead, and not behind, is a lesson that Andy & the Patriots have always remembered, and is one that I will not forget…at least not until the Chargers game.

Well done Andy. Mea maxima culpa.

Mmm…crow doesn't taste too bad, especially after a half-dozen (or so) Oktoberfests.

This probably could be named the 'captain stone awakens' thread instead.

As Winst0n Wolf famously said, let's not go s'ing each other's d's quite yet. It was one good (if not pretty great) performance by the defense. Let's see if they can match that intensity against the Chargers.

I also saw Winston Wolf in AJ's Respect response to captain stone.

Last edited:
Look if this forum isn't going to be a bunch of drunk deadbeats yelling at each other over why the Patriots failed to win by more than two touchdowns anymore, I'm out.

Andy is a good cat er eh kid.
Enough already. We get that you're obsessed with cats. Now, put your computer down and go clean the damn litter box.

So are we making an Andy statue?

which chicken little will be the first to shyt on it?

After reading this thread all the way through, it's pretty clear that Captain Stone owes Andy Johnson some money and is hoping to squirm out of paying up. The "mea maxima culpa" in the opening post tipped me off. It's hard to trust a post that reverts to Latin to beg for mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back