PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jakob Johnson Appreciation Thread

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
When Develin left I was legit worried that he'd be a tough act to follow. Develin was an amazing modern fullback and many of the highlights of guys like Legarritte Blout and Deion Lewis doubled as Develin highlights if you know what you're looking at.

That said, Jakob Johnson has stepped into the voild left by Develin and made it his own in an impressive manner. He's been a revelation atfullback, and in a game where we ran all but 3 offensive snaps I feel like it's time to give him his due. We do not achieve this win against a top contender almost entirely on the ground without Jakob doing work. He is absolutely impressive as a fullback and was nearly assignment perfect today, including spearheading most of the big breakout runs for the Pats last night.

He is an unsung hero of the rushing attack and has been highly effective in a role that doesn't often get a lot of glamor or love. He's our secret weapon on the rushing attack and I look forward to hopefully seeing #47 back there for many years to come

I forgot he was German. Perhaps we should call him Tiger after the famous heavy tank

I didn't realize today that he is part of an international talent development program by the NFL and his salary doesn't count vs. the cap.

He has made enormous progress since he started here. When he first came to the Pats he knew next to nothing about playing Fullback. He worked hard and had some struggles early on. I love that he's has a role and plays it so well. As a European i love me some Jakob.

Unglaublicher Spieler. Wird immer noch mein Lieblingsdeutscher in der NFL werden (ich werde dich nie vergessen, Vollmer)

Schon mein Lieblingsdeutscher in der NFL...es tut mir leid, Sebastien

Literally just means "armored."
Literally tank just means a vessel to hold liquid.

then both words got an additional meaning by being applied to a particular kind of vehicle.

At the rate we're having guys step up this year, we're going to need a whole separate forum for all the players we want to appreciate!

I am just gonna parrot of a list . The number of top level performers should give an idea as to why we have been able to get 7 wins in a row.

A list
  1. Mac
  2. Barmore
  3. Stevenson
  4. Harris
  5. Henry
  6. Meyers
  7. Bourne
  8. Jakobson
  9. Karras
  10. T. Brown
  11. Shaq
  12. Gunner
  13. Bailey
  14. Folk
  15. JC Jackson
  16. Judon
  17. Dugger
  18. Phillips
  19. Slater
  20. Bolden
  21. Lawrence Guy

B level

1. Van Noy
  2. Myles Bryant
  3. Hightower
  4. Mccourty
  5. Jamie Collins
  6. Mills
  7. Godchaux
  8. Wise
  9. Bentley
Doing their job
  1. nkeal Harry
  2. Jonnu
  3. Joejuan
  4. Isaiah Wynn
  5. Agholor

I am just gonna parrot of a list . The number of top level performers should give an idea as to why we have been able to get 7 wins inMac
  1. Barmore
  2. Stevenson
  3. Harris
  4. Henry
  5. Meyers
  6. Bourne
  7. Jakobson
  8. Karras
  9. T. Brown
  10. Shaq
  11. Gunner
  12. Bailey
  13. Folk
  14. JC Jackson
  15. Judon
  16. Dugger
  17. Phillips
  18. Slater
  19. Bolden
  20. Lawrence Guy

B level

1. Van Noy
  2. Myles Bryant
  3. Hightower
  4. Mccourty
  5. Jamie Collins
  6. Mills
  7. Godchaux
  8. Wise
  9. Bentley
Doing their job
  1. nkeal Harry
  2. Jonnu
  3. Joejuan
  4. Isaiah Wynn
  5. Agholor
So many under appreciated players on this years team. Godchaux was a great last game. Seems players step up each game and make plays.

Literally tank just means a vessel to hold liquid.

then both words got an additional meaning by being applied to a particular kind of vehicle.
Oh, so it means self-contained. Hey I learned something today

Literally just means "armored."
armored means gepanzert in German, not Panzer
Panzer in German means mainly Tank (the vehicle) but also used for carapace when it comes to turtles and similar animals with a hard shell

a vessel to hold liquid is called Tank in German, Panzer and Tank do have quite a different meaning in that language the poster was referring to when talking about Johnson

So panzerkampfwagen means self contained fighting vehicle.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back