PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Johnson Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in the history of this forum was more wrong them NEM.:D

right, but the entertainment that NEM provided to most of the readers was priceless. :)

OP - kudos!

Andy - rock on! Though I gotta admit that your other thread (that we will win) had me wondering why you were content predicting a W without providing any reasons or explanations to back it up.

I kept my mouth shut, but I also thought we would lose, too.

I expected a very tight game. I predicted a Pats win 31 to 30. It is difficult to expect a vast improvement in the defense from last week to this but they proved me wrong and I should have known better.

A very nice thread.

Predicting the Patriots would win last night was no great leap of faith -- I predicted a high-scoring Pats victory. What defied anticipation was how incredibly well the defense fared against THAT offense, and I'm willing to bet NOBODY here saw that coming.

Last edited:
Seemed like a lot of Ryan's passes were off.......There did seem to be more of a pass rush by the Patricia's Defense than previous games however which may have contributed.....stopping the running attack was good to see....On to the Chargers...Hope the lessons learned vs Atlanta carry over.....

While this salty old pessimist was looking for reasons why the Pats would not win tonight - logical, indisputable reasons I thought at the time - Andy (and others too) merely had to recall 16 whopping years of empirical evidence from Bill & Brady, that the past is past and how the next game looks is all that is needed to determine what the outcome could be.

Glad it took you 16 years to realize this. Better late than never.

AJ is probably a great person in real life. But on this board, he’s just another Patsfan like the rest of us.

Besides, I’ve been ranked the #1 Patsfan in New England for the last 5 years straight! :D ;)

And I’m the most humble!

I have been on this board for as long as it has existed, and before that on the previous incarnation, going back longer than Brady has played. Back when there was much more intelligent football discussion on this board than the hysterical week to week up and down ranting.

I have counted AndyJohnson for much of that time as the #1 person to listen to when he spends his time to to post.

No, not the player, though I did appreciate him when he played here.

I am referring to Andy Johnson the poster who, through all of the Pats' trials & tribulations this season, still remained steadfast in his belief that the team and especially the defense were better than their record, and especially their statistics, indicated that they were.

And he was right.

And I was wrong - very wrong.

While this salty old pessimist was looking for reasons why the Pats would not win tonight - logical, indisputable reasons I thought at the time - Andy (and others too) merely had to recall 16 whopping years of empirical evidence from Bill & Brady, that the past is past and how the next game looks is all that is needed to determine what the outcome could be.

Looking ahead, and not behind, is a lesson that Andy & the Patriots have always remembered, and is one that I will not forget…at least not until the Chargers game.

Well done Andy. Mea maxima culpa.

Mmm…crow doesn't taste too bad, especially after a half-dozen (or so) Oktoberfests.
This thread title's gotta be changed.

AJ's alive and well and still with us.

Predicting the Patriots would win last night was no great leap of faith -- I predicted a high-scoring Pats victory. What defied anticipation was how incredibly well the defense fared against THAT offense, and I'm willing to bet NOBODY here saw that coming.
Falcons didn't do themselves any favors last night...poor play-calling.

AJ is probably a great person in real life. But on this board, he’s just another Patsfan like the rest of us.

Besides, I’ve been ranked the #1 Patsfan in New England for the last 5 years straight! :D ;)

And I’m the most humble!
Not quite ready to concede defeat on our uni's..

From 1946 through 1962, the Boston/Milwaukee Braves wore jerseys featuring a tomahawk as a flourish underneath the team nickname. In 1987, 25 years after the club had abandoned the design, the Braves revived the tomahawk look. Five years later, the Phillies also returned to a previous uniform style, reviving the word “Phillies” in script lettering across their jersey front, a look that was last used by the club in 1969.

th
th

LOL get your PJ's on, time for bed!

This week, got to see the Chiefs, Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, 49ers, Jets, Giants, Redskins, Bills, Colts, Bears and Vikings.

Miss the Patriots.

Not quite ready to concede defeat on our uni's..

From 1946 through 1962, the Boston/Milwaukee Braves wore jerseys featuring a tomahawk as a flourish underneath the team nickname. In 1987, 25 years after the club had abandoned the design, the Braves revived the tomahawk look. Five years later, the Phillies also returned to a previous uniform style, reviving the word “Phillies” in script lettering across their jersey front, a look that was last used by the club in 1969.

There is a better chance of going to an improved, third, design, than going back to that goofy monstrosity. Don't get me wrong I have Phil Bissell's book about Pat Patriot and it's history. But frankly he isn't that talented a comic, his drawings are pretty amateurish.

The only time you will see Pat in gameplay is on throwback uniforms.

I agree flying elvis is cheesy and lame, but Pat Patriot is even worse. Face it, it is hard to design a cool insignia for a Patriot. It doesn't have claws, and the NFL doesn't want what the obvious cool design would be, which would involve a green beret taking down a dolphin.

Luckily there are two less cool things in our division: Bills and Dolphins. Bills are named after a freakin' barbershop quartet from Buffalo. Seriously.

AJ called it, I had my crow for breakfast...

I couldn't see half the game because of the fog last night... Was in 324 and from the 50 to the N end zone was a shroud of fog!

Seemed like a lot of Ryan's passes were off.......There did seem to be more of a pass rush by the Patricia's Defense than previous games however which may have contributed.....stopping the running attack was good to see....On to the Chargers...Hope the lessons learned vs Atlanta carry over.....
Ryan overthrew receivers several times. Thought he was bad. Don't know why that is Sark's fault but he will be blamed. Not that he doesn't deserve some.

I mean, homers gonna homer

Just so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, from the original Ruthesque post:

I think the gamelan is going to be vary the calls, use everything. Bring pressure when the tendency says you cover, cover when the tendency says you blitz.
I think we will switch in and out of ma and zone. I think we will see both a small quick front (like marsh, wise flowers plus a DT) and a big one (like Flowers branch brown butler) on early downs.
But overall I think we go after Ryan

Sounds exactly like what the defensive game plan was. Go back and read the original thread and see how stupid the criticism looks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back