PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Benoit: "On film, Tom Brady is just as good as he's ever been"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone take note. This right here, this is how it's done. TBH bides his time, waits it out while someone else crashes and burns, and then slides in pages deep with a perfectly concise missive; no filler--and no misspellings or exclamation points to serve as tells--just a well crafted, high level troll job. Well done you master, you black belt, you are a magnificent troll.

This is so right. It's pure trolling form.

This is exactly why people don’t really understand the salary cap. You have Aaron Rodgers refusing to take a hometown discount and recently making some comment about needing to be the highest paid again. Then you have Nelson, Cobb, and Bennett all getting paid top dollar. Combined, those four players account for roughly $40M.

For the Patriots, Brady takes a hometown deal and they never pay $10M+ for skill position players. In fact, I don’t know if anyone even gets $5M a year at WR. They count on Brady to make the offense better.

And Packers fans grumble about the defense while pledging their undying love for Rodgers, all while cheering at the prospect of upping his salary to $30M and putting every possible weapon at his disposal.

The Aaron Rodgers Packers have become the Peyton Manning Colts.

Brady doesn't maximize his yearly value to the Patriots because he doesn't need to, and it actually serves him better in the long run than the extra millions do in the contract. The Patriots are extremely fortunate he has been willing to work with them on it because most won't, nor should they, as the owners and league are sharks who don't give one sweet sh.t about them.

Brady doesn't maximize his yearly value to the Patriots because he doesn't need to, and it actually serves him better in the long run than the extra millions do in the contract. The Patriots are extremely fortunate he has been willing to work with them on it because most won't, nor should they, as the owners and league are sharks who don't give one sweet sh.t about them.

Well doesn't his wife make more than him? They share expenses i am sure. That's why it's laughable when giants fans get upset about the OL when basically they have all their money tied up to the defense.

So "lucky" Belichick kept four quarterbacks on the roster Brady's first year.

Was it omniscient? No. But sounds awfully like the kind of luck you make by being smart.

It has been noted that Brady was exceptional from his very first camp, correcting coaches about schemes and being right. Bill is a great coach. He knew he had something special right away.

I doubt he'll make it. He's been up all night making "Old Lives Matter" signs.

This is actually a great sign in today's world of tossing old people away in retirement homes to be taken advantaged of.

[
Ahhh, much of those early SB winners were not BB's decisions, he inherited them.

That 2001 team had something like 27 Free Agents that BB brought in. What are you talking about?

Deus is slaying Andy Johnson, Viper and Babe.

I for the most part like Andy, and respect his football knowledge, but when he is wrong he simply does not know it.

I had an argument/discussion last season with him about two gapping, while making it look like one gapping. He just couldn't grasp it. But as a youth/middle school coach (by choice) with a son in college and high school, I am up to date on the latest techniques, much to the shagrin of those that thought the OBJ hit was the dirtiest hit ever. And yes Andy you can line up in a 5 tech, reach the outside shoulder of the tackle with your inside "hand" (its called getting hands) force him inside and doing...wait for it...two gapping, by shoving the tackle into the B gap and standing in the C gap....see how that works sir? Its not 1970 something anymore. I go to at least two coaching clinics a year and its pretty prevalent.

I could only imagine what his reaction would be to a hybrid man/cover scheme...it happens simultaneously. What? cover two/three with man at the same time not possible right? And not man underneath either....man on one side of the field with cover on the other. Nickel is a beautiful thing.

You think you are are a wit and you are half right.

I saw what you did there sir...wait does that make me the other half...I'll own it if so.

It's Brady!

I recall a 5-11 Belichick with rumors swirling Kraft was unhappy and the media calling for him to be fired. Bledsoe got hurt and since BB has been a genius. :rolleyes:

It's Brady!

It's Brady!

I recall a 5-11 Belichick with rumors swirling Kraft was unhappy and the media calling for him to be fired. Bledsoe got hurt and since BB has been a genius. :rolleyes:

It's Brady!

Well, Bill is 19 - 16 without Brady as Pats HC. He's 48 - 53 without Brady overall.

It's Brady!

It's Brady!

This is a good point.
To be fair, though, as I recall, Belichick was stuck with Bledsoe. He didn't really want Brady to start over Bledsoe and he caused a lot of Pat's losses himself. But I think it was Bledoses contract that stipulated he start and or Kraft loved Drew.
fwiw, I agree with the 60/40 TB's favor but hate to understate BBs contribution to the success of the team.

BB has never made it to the Pats playoffs without Brady. He came off arguably the greatest season ever had going 18-1 one and the following season without Brady he couldn't make the playoffs, come on!!! Sure 11-5 sounds impressive but guess what, it wasn't enough to get them in the playoffs #facts

It's Brady!

378 yards, 5 TDs = so washed up. Arm talent gone, lacks mental processing ability. He's 40.

the pre-season threads full of concern trolling about Brady's age fade in memory...

378 yards, 5 TDs = so washed up. Arm talent gone, lacks mental processing ability. He's 40.
Can't throw for 5 TDs in a single game anymore while getting dry humped up and down the field (he's 40).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST