PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Benoit: "On film, Tom Brady is just as good as he's ever been"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right. I hate that team even more than I hate the Jets.

I do think that their schedule looks pretty easy though, and they simply have too much firepower to go away without seeing a key injury or two.
I see 7 losses even with health

I think the AFCN is pretty bad aside from the Steelers. The Ravens beat two nobodies, lost their best player for the year, and then got annihilated by the Jaguars. The Bengals and Browns are both a well-deserved 0-3. It's one of the factors that I expect will help the Steelers quite a bit, they should go an easy 4-2 or 5-1 in their division.

The only truly tough division in the AFC right now is the the AFCW. One of the Raiders or Broncos is going to be 2-2 after this weekend, and they're both good football teams.

True but I would be surprise if the rats dont play the steelers tough coming up. Those teams hate each other and it's always a close game. There's something about the squealers that holds them down every year. I thought their offense would be much more explosive. Still early though

How so? Just a cursory look tells me:

Bryant and Bell are working themselves into the offense after lengthy absences.
Haden is working himself into the defense after signing late.

Pitt should be better than they were last year, on both sides of the ball.

When you add that the questionable strength of the division, what am I missing?

I think Roeth is in decline. Hes 80% of what he was 3 years ago. Hard living has taken a toll.

I think Bell is not 100% committed. Something is up with him.

I think Haden is overrated.

I actually think their schedule is challenging.

With that said they may win the division as it is putrid.

9-7

Big Ben has been terrible lately in road games against over 500 teams.
He's 5-13 in his last 18 on the road versus teams who are under the .500 mark.

In other words, their trend of playing down to poor competition away from Heinz field continues.

I think Roeth is in decline. Hes 80% of what he was 3 years ago. Hard living has taken a toll.

I think Bell is not 100% committed. Something is up with him.

I think Haden is overrated.

I actually think their schedule is challenging.

With that said they may win the division as it is putrid.

9-7

I see. Thanks for your response.

I see 7 losses even with health
So, if the Steelers beat the Ravens on Sunday, you'd see them finishing the season at 6-6?

That seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. I'm thinking 11-5, but can certainly see 10-6.

So, if the Steelers beat the Ravens on Sunday, you'd see them finishing the season at 6-6?

That seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. I'm thinking 11-5, but can certainly see 10-6.

Yeah, I think the weakness of the division makes anything worse than 10-6 difficult to imagine. They'll win the division and probably go into the playoffs as a 4 seed, maybe 3 if the AFCS carousel of mediocrity cannibalizes itself too hard. It will be pretty funny when they're home underdogs to whoever finishes second in the AFCS, though - I fully expect them to get bounced in the wild card round based on how things are shaping up so far.

Obviously its pure speculation on my part but I just don't think they are all that special.

See below. 8-8. Maybe 9-7

1 Sun September 10 1:00PM ET boxscore W 1-0 @ Cleveland Browns
2 Sun September 17 1:00PM ET boxscore W 2-0 Minnesota Vikings
3 Sun September 24 1:00PM ET boxscore L OT 2-1 @ Chicago Bears
4 Sun October 1 1:00PM ET preview @ Baltimore Ravens L
5 Sun October 8 1:00PM ET preview Jacksonville Jaguars W
6 Sun October 15 4:25PM ET preview @ Kansas City Chiefs L
7 Sun October 22 1:00PM ET preview Cincinnati Bengals W
8 Sun October 29 8:30PM ET preview @ Detroit Lions L
9 Bye Week
Sun November 12 1:00PM ET preview @ Indianapolis Colts W
11 Thu November 16 8:25PM ET preview Tennessee Titans W
12 Sun November 26 8:30PM ET preview Green Bay Packers L
13 Mon December 4 8:30PM ET preview @ Cincinnati Bengals L
14 Sun December 10 8:30PM ET preview Baltimore Ravens W
15 Sun December 17 4:25PM ET preview New England Patriots L
16 Mon December 25 4:30PM ET preview @ Houston Texans L
17 Sun December 31 1:00PM ET preview Cleveland Browns W

Back on topic (of Tom Brady's excellence).... Through three games (one of which was pretty mediocre statistically), he currently has the best numbers of his career in the following categories:

INT%: 0.0%
Y/A: 9.9
AY/A: 11.4
Y/C: 15.4
Yds/G: 364.0
NY/A: 8.50
ANY/A: 9.83
Passer Rating: 121.5

On pace for this final stat line: 379-587 (64.5%), 5,823 yds, 43 td, 0 int

So yeah, I think it's safe to say he's playing as well as he ever has before. Dude is just amazing.

Back on topic (of Tom Brady's excellence).... Through three games (one of which was pretty mediocre statistically), he currently has the best numbers of his career in the following categories:

So yeah, I think it's safe to say he's playing as well as he ever has before. Dude is just amazing.

The best part is that in week 1 he easily could and probably should have had 2 passing TDs. So even within the small sample size, if anything these numbers probably underreport how good he's been.

The best part is that in week 1 he easily could and probably should have had 2 passing TDs. So even within the small sample size, if anything these numbers probably underreport how good he's been.

Yes good point. Last year Blount had 12 TD runs of 5 yards or less in Brady's 12 games. Convert half of them to the old classic "Peyton inflate stats" passing TDs and it improves his passer rating by several points.

Outside of Week 1, his deep ball has been absolutely on point, too. Which is great news because he will only continue to improve his rapport with Cooks and Dorsett.

I mean, they barely escaped Cleveland, and lost to Chicago outright. Take another look at that schedule and just, for fun, pencil in the crappy road teams as "Ls".

Nice thread.

Regards,
Chris

It's ****in embarrassing tbh.

Andy Beniot hasn't been right in ten years. Finally makes a decent, somewhat obvious point and it turns to ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST