PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Benoit: "On film, Tom Brady is just as good as he's ever been"

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will say he's cheating just by how some other QBs look. Big Ben was pedestrian today.

Can't throw for 5 TDs in a single game anymore while getting dry humped up and down the field (he's 40).

And while much younger players around him were getting gassed and affected by the 87 degree heat, he actually got better as the game went on. He was 15-19 in the 2nd half.

Yup, like I said - It's Brady!

And while much younger players around him were getting gassed and affected by the 87 degree heat, he actually got better as the game went on. He was 15-19 in the 2nd half.
100 years from now they'll be talking about him.

GOAT might not be enough.

You know, I will get flack for this but in the Brady/Belichick argument, I really do believe Brady has been key. Maybe 60/40 in Brady's favor but still key. He is just absolutely incredible and I don't think the NFL will see another player like him for another 50-60 years.

OK, maybe I was a little too conservative. Maybe 70/30 Brady?:p:D

The super bowl just broke my "holy **** that was improbable" meter, I guess. At every point during that last drive, I was fairly confident Brady was going to lead them to the game-winning TD.

Yeah, I like live and let live. Clowns want to cause a fuss and think they are the man with the insults... yeah, I'll slap them down. It's a hobby, but I do take care not to instigate that sort of tactic.

I think you will find it extremely rare that I would start such incidents, but I have no compunction about finishing them. After all, you can't let the morons of the world run rampant unopposed.

Believe me, I've been down this road probably more times than anyone here (just not here). But invariably, I don't start it.

@Ian put up a forum for this type of non football related discussions. I respectfully ask that you use it.

The PatsFans.com Pub

People will say he's cheating just by how some other QBs look. Big Ben was pedestrian today.
Steelers now 5-13 in their last 18 on the road against teams with a sub .500 record, so Big Ben being average today is certainly nothing new.

Throwing for 235 yards with 1 TD and 0 INTs should be able to get it done most of the time under normal circumstances though, at least with the defense only giving up 17 pts in regulation and any semblance of a rushing attack. It appears as though Bell's TC holdout has set him back, thus far.

Steelers now 5-13 in their last 18 on the road against teams with a sub .500 record, so Big Ben being average today is certainly nothing new.

Throwing for 235 yards with 1 TD and 0 INTs should be able to get it done most of the time under normal circumstances though, at least with the defense only giving up 17 pts in regulation and any semblance of a rushing attack. It appears as though Bell's TC holdout has set him back, thus far.

I'm not bullish on Pitt this year. Too many questions.

I hope you're right. I hate that team even more than I hate the Jets.

I do think that their schedule looks pretty easy though, and they simply have too much firepower to go away without seeing a key injury or two.

I hope you're right. I hate that team even more than I hate the Jets.

I do think that their schedule looks pretty easy though, and they simply have too much firepower to go away without seeing a key injury or two.

Idk about easy. Those division games are very tough. The rats always play them tough. Wouldn't shock me if the rats beat them.

How so? Just a cursory look tells me:

Bryant and Bell are working themselves into the offense after lengthy absences.
Haden is working himself into the defense after signing late.

Pitt should be better than they were last year, on both sides of the ball.

When you add that the questionable strength of the division, what am I missing?

I feel like the division's like the nfc east. I don't think the steelers will be running away with the division. Big Ben has been terrible lately in road games against over 500 teams.

The one major variable from what I've seen is that Roethlisberger looks pretty bad so far. Dunno why or if it's anything to make a big deal out of, but if I was a Steelers fan I'd be concerned. He is 35, and his body isn't exactly in great shape. Brady, Brees and Manning have people thinking it's pretty routine for QB primes to last into their late 30s, but Roethlisberger doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's taken care of his body quite like they did.

If the Steelers' offense regresses in a meaningful way--and I agree that it's too early to declare that that's happening--I think the main culprit will be a pronounced slip in Roethlisberger's ability to consistently play like he's played for the last 10+ years.

The one major variable from what I've seen is that Roethlisberger looks pretty bad so far. Dunno why or if it's anything to make a big deal out of, but if I was a Steelers fan I'd be concerned. He is 35, and his body isn't exactly in great shape. Brady, Brees and Manning have people thinking it's pretty routine for QB primes to last into their late 30s, but Roethlisberger doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's taken care of his body quite like they did.

If the Steelers' offense regresses in a meaningful way--and I agree that it's too early to declare that that's happening--I think the main culprit will be a pronounced slip in Roethlisberger's ability to consistently play like he's played for the last 10+ years.

I hear what you're saying, and I was going to include something like that in my post, except:

I think Ben started his decline about 2 years ago, but his numbers mostly indicate otherwise, and I'm not sure his decline isn't in large part tied to Bryant's availability. In previous years, I'd have gone back and looked at all his plays. Because the league has sapped most of my enthusiasm for the product, I just haven't bothered.

I feel like the division's like the nfc east. I don't think the steelers will be running away with the division. Big Ben has been terrible lately in road games against over 500 teams.

I think the AFCN is pretty bad aside from the Steelers. The Ravens beat two nobodies, lost their best player for the year, and then got annihilated by the Jaguars. The Bengals and Browns are both a well-deserved 0-3. It's one of the factors that I expect will help the Steelers quite a bit, they should go an easy 4-2 or 5-1 in their division.

The only truly tough division in the AFC right now is the the AFCW. One of the Raiders or Broncos is going to be 2-2 after this weekend, and they're both good football teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back