PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck Retires from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, all my best wishes to him and his health / life.

Can't say I feel bad for the Colts or their fans at all

Part of me is sad he is leaving, but also my other part is glad he is retiring because he is putting his health above the game.
He is a smart guy, he did what he could for the Colts, but that franchise is ran like crap.

I wish the best for him and his family, he is young and will have a bright future.

He lit it up hos rookie years. Injuries obviously slowed his growth down. He seems like a classy guy.
He is also a Stanford grad with enough money in the bank to buy a few tech startups. I'm sure he will be okay as he transitions back to life in California or some other rich person's amusement park.

Here's last year's stat line for the "just wasn't that good" QB, fwiw. (And Brady's below it for comparison.) Luck didn't live up to the preposterous hype of draft day, but he was plenty good.

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Rating
430 639 67.3 4,593 7.2 39 15 98.7
(375 570 65.8 4,355 7.6 29 11 97.7)

How did they do in the playoffs last year? :/

He wasn't that good in the sense of he didn't come close to the potential people said he had: he was in a crappy division in a dome and he just wasn't. that. good. Suggesting he was close to Brady is a bit preposterous. Stats don't tell the whole story is what your stats tell me. Luck never really had the "it".

So Tom Brady outlasted both Manning and the QB the colts tanked for to replace Manning.

So, anybody have predictions for the AFC South?
The division's QB's are now
Brissette
Mariotta/Tannehill
Foles
Oft injured DeShaun Watson

Yikes.
I predict good years for NFC South and AFC Central teams, the divisions which play AFC South this year.

Imagine making fun of this guy. Pats would be very fortunate to get someone as talented & by all accounts a good guy after Brady. This sport is absolutely brutal. Guy wasn't 30 pissing blood, lets be honest multiple concussions & a ton of other things wrong. Wish him nothing but the best

Last edited:
I respect Luck. I don't respect the Colts or their dumpster fire fans. They booed Luck as he left the field tonight. Nothing is as classless as that.

I meant some of the posters here were calling him a "bust" and a "choker" in the postseason. Not many QB's would've been able to play behind the crap o-lines he played behind. As for comments about the Colts, I couldn't care less. I can't stand that organization and hope they fail.

Watched his press conference, he has been in constant pain for at least 4 years.

Can’t blame him. Always liked him, and hated the Colts.

I think he's forcing his way out of Indy. He's always been rich, still made a ton of money in the NFL, so he is in position to call that bet and come back in 2 or 3 years.

I think he just quit, bad organization, bad management, bad medical staff, he's had enough and after getting boed leaving the field, his face was like "thank you for helping me, confirming I made the right choice"

Last edited:
What part of "I wouldn't call him a bust, but he was absolutely a disappointment" was unclear to you?

Probably the part where you call the best, or second best, "young" QB (Depending on whether you're already willing to crown Mahomes' ass) in the NFL a disappointment, because that's crazy talk.

epic meltdown on the colts forum
No, he’s a coward and a word that is banned here for screwing over his team 2 weeks before season. Colts knowing for weeks, bull. The looks on the coaching staff says otherwise the looks on his now former teammates says otherwise. No, Luck is a coward, a quitter and crappy teammate because of the stunt of waiting until the 3rd preseason game to do this, had he done this prior to Camp or even week one of camp, fine, that could be excusable.

Imagine making fun of this guy. Pats would be very fortunate to get someone as talented & by all accounts a good guy after Brady. This sport is absolutely brutal. Guy wasn't 30 kissing blood, lets be honest multiple concussions & a ton of other things wrong. Wish him nothing but the best

Most of us are making fun of the Colts, not Luck. :)

a one-a for a Tua?

How did they do in the playoffs last year? :/

He wasn't that good in the sense of he didn't come close to the potential people said he had: he was in a crappy division in a dome and he just wasn't. that. good. Suggesting he was close to Brady is a bit preposterous. Stats don't tell the whole story is what your stats tell me. Luck never really had the "it".

I obviously wasn't saying that Luck was in Brady's league (nobody is!) As I said, I included Brady's stats as a useful reference point. I assumed that Patriots fans would be familiar with what Brady's season looked like, which would make Luck's numbers easier to interpret.

My point was just that Luck actually was a very good quarterback. The problem was that the media tried to build him up as a superman during a long superstar QB drought, and he wasn't that--he was just a very good quarterback. But now they have Pat Mahomes to get breathless over instead. :)

So hilarious to me that the holier than thou Colts fans are booing Luck in his last moment as a Colt, a guy they rooted their franchise to tank for.

Meanwhile Brady is looking sharp and ready for another season.

Defamegate karma still going strong.

Again, fk the Colts and their hick fans.

pathetic.

I had colts fans tell me that once Brady retired, luck was going to own NE. Lol...

The division's QB's are now
Brissette
Mariotta/Tannehill
Foles
Oft injured DeShaun Watson

Yikes.
I predict good years for NFC South and AFC Central teams, the divisions which play AFC South this year.
It has to be Foles. The guy is inconsistent but a major upgrade over Bortles. And the rest of the team is still quite talented. If anything, I'll be interested in how "The Good Place" folds in a Nick Foles joke in its final season since Bortles is now on the West Coast.

I had no real understanding of his situation until reading this thread. I am glad I wasn't in early. I'd be that kid in the Simpsons that says "Ha ha!" I wouldn't be mocking Luck so much as the fans, really. Never thought much about him one way or the other. But I hope he uses that NFL money and gets outstanding care -- and gets a great rest-of-his-life out of the deal (rather than being one of those guys who are crippled in their youth by this game we love.)

Are you not entertained?

Good L... I wish him well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back