PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola vs Hawkins for the final WR spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked you a question about your claims about a guy's return stats and your answer is "wait and see"

And now you are trying the DA binky crap. Which is proof you got nothing.

And to top it off you are crapping on DA who has been as clutch as any Patriot has ever been and has taken 3 straight paycuts to remain with this team. Ooooooo not the "Glass man" insult

Gotta tell you. You are making yourself look more stupid and pathetic with each post. I am embarrassed for you.

He has taken 3 straight pay cuts because he was not worth what they were paying him.

17 touchdowns over 8 years = JAG

This is my last post on this subject - need to go..... only time will tell who Belichick keeps.

I am just glad the Patsfans forum isn't making the roster decisions.

Last edited:
Hawkins can return kicks & make tackles. When was the last time Amendola played on kickoff & punt coverage.

Belichick loves guys like Hawkins who can do more than one thing.

Amendola is a aproven NFL ST player who returns kicks and punts, it makes no sense to get him to take a major paycut then release him. Hawkins was brought in to provide injury insurance, if no one gets hurt before final cuts he won't make the team.

Amendola is a aproven NFL ST player who returns kicks and punts, it makes no sense to get him to take a major paycut then release him. Hawkins was brought in to provide injury insurance, if no one gets hurt before final cuts he won't make the team.

I think his kick return days are behind him. His guaranteed money may be his saving grace. If he does make the cut in 2017, this will probably be his final season.

He has been clutch in the playoffs, but so has Joe Flacco. I wouldn't want Flacco as my QB.

if hawkins shows the same level as DA thsi camp, we're keeping DA

if hawkins shows a lil more in camp than DA, were keeping DA

unless hawkins shows he is substantially better option than DA, DA is on this roster next year

He only has his whole career ahead of him. If he can play, both DA and Hawkins are in trouble.

That's the player this discussion should focus on. If in TC and preseason Carr looks like Jules or WW in the slot and can run back kicks it'll not look good for DA and Hawkins

The odds that all of these guys show up at the start of the season ready to play is less than 50%. There will probably be less decision making than sorting out 5 from 7. We can hope so, but the odds are against it.

Plus, if Lewis is banged up going into the season, they can fill his spot with a WR, given the capabilities of the remaining backs.

I think his kick return days are behind him. His guaranteed money may be his saving grace. If he does make the cut in 2017, this will probably be his final season.

He has been clutch in the playoffs, but so has Joe Flacco. I wouldn't want Flacco as my QB.

Joe Flacco??? hahahahahaha

When is the last time Hawkins made huge plays to help win two Super Bowls?
I heard he has the playbook and timing routes down pat, though. :rolleyes:

I heard he has the playbook and timing routes down pat, though. :rolleyes:

Yeah, guys who never played in a SB before have never helped us win one.

What a sh.tty analogy.

If you want to know how much Brady trusts Amendola look at the number of times he has gone to him when the game or season is on the line, He's like Kevin Faulk when it comes to trusting him. The problem however is that slot receivers are brutalized, and both Edelman and Amendola battle injuries all the time, so bringing in more talent always makes sense. I think they like Hawkins but it's hard to see him making the final cut without an injury issue.

Read the board.
There are MANY people saying Brady should be cut, traded, or retire so that the team can be turned over to JAG.

the consensus of this board is the timetable should be Brady only stays as long as he can to not lose JAG instead of Brady stats as long as he is capable of playing near his current level.

Unfortunately Money is involved. And time also. You could say let Brady stick with New England until he has a Manning like season.. and the writing is on the wall. Of course by that time we lose a possible future QB and we go the way of the Chiefs.. or the Bengals.. or the Jets.. Maybe if we are lucky enough to have a QB like Alex boring Smith that is just good enough to make it to the playoffs every few years. Or maybe Andy Dalton who is average at best.. and honestly those teams are probably on the upper echelon of teams in the NFL.

I certainly don't want to get rid of Brady but I also don't want to turn into the Jets, or the Dolphins for 20 years.

And after Brady leaves.. Bill won't be to far behind. Unless Bill has changed his mind and is coaching well into his seventies.

Unfortunately Money is involved. And time also. You could say let Brady stick with New England until he has a Manning like season.. and the writing is on the wall. Of course by that time we lose a possible future QB and we go the way of the Chiefs.. or the Bengals.. or the Jets.. Maybe if we are lucky enough to have a QB like Alex boring Smith that is just good enough to make it to the playoffs every few years. Or maybe Andy Dalton who is average at best.. and honestly those teams are probably on the upper echelon of teams in the NFL.

I certainly don't want to get rid of Brady but I also don't want to turn into the Jets, or the Dolphins for 20 years.

And after Brady leaves.. Bill won't be to far behind. Unless Bill has changed his mind and is coaching well into his seventies.
What leads you to believe JAG makes us better than any of those mediocre franchises?
How do you jettison a guy who is capable of winning the SB has won 2 of 3 and maybe 3 of 4 and is playing at his peak because you are afraid you can't survive without an unproven player?
You give yourself the chance to keep winning championships at the expense of whether this unproven guy turns out to be better than the next unproven guy.

Would you have done it 3 years ago? 2?1?

Where is the sense in getting rid of the best QB in the NFL because maybe his backup might be good when there is every chance the guy who you find to replace him in 2020 will be as good or better than JAG anyway?

What a sh.tty analogy.

If you want to know how much Brady trusts Amendola look at the number of times he has gone to him when the game or season is on the line, He's like Kevin Faulk when it comes to trusting him. The problem however is that slot receivers are brutalized, and both Edelman and Amendola battle injuries all the time, so bringing in more talent always makes sense. I think they like Hawkins but it's hard to see him making the final cut without an injury issue.

How about this analogy.

I prefer a tenderloin steak to a T- bone.

And here's why,

I don't want broccoli on my plate. :D

This is such bullsh.t. You have absolutely no idea if Garrapolo will last two games, let alone be great, and for that matter neither does Belichick. Andrew Luck was CAN'T MISS and he's done nothing. They have the GOAT and he's still the best player in football and shows no sign of slowing down, you don't ditch that in a hunch. You play Brady's career out and keep training his backups then go from there, you don't dump the best player in football, period.

Enough with the BONER for Garrapolo bullsh.t. Go f.cking root for Max Kellerman.

Yeah, guys who never played in a SB before have never helped us win one.
That isn't anything close to what I'm saying.

I'm stating that it's a bit early in the game to discard our veteran postseason hero, who has worked endlessly in each offseason to develop a good rapport with our QB, has the timing down pat, and who knows the playbook inside and out.

*If* Hawkins looks like he's doing well enough to overtake Amendola in only a handful of months, then he deserves the spot. In the meantime, there isn't much of a competition at the moment. I would think that Hawkins' lack of ST reps/punt return presence places him further away than most realize, barring injury. The fact that he's also attempting to learn the playbook likely only adds to that. Again, injuries can play a factor.

That isn't anything close to what I'm saying.

I'm stating that it's a bit early in the game to discard our veteran postseason hero, who has worked endlessly in each offseason to develop a good rapport with our QB, has the timing down pat, and who knows the playbook inside and out.

*If* Hawkins looks like he's doing well enough to overtake Amendola in only a handful of months, then he deserves the spot. In the meantime, there isn't much of a competition at the moment. I would think that Hawkins' lack of ST reps/punt return presence places him further away than most realize, barring injury. The fact that he's also attempting to learn the playbook likely only adds to that. Again, injuries can play a factor.

I don't think the main threat to DA is Hawkins - I think DA can show enough to make it a close enough call that you go with what is known. Hawkins is not really younger. But if a young guy shows, especially in the slot, DA could be gone. Trying to send to the PS risks losing him.

What a sh.tty analogy.

Amendola slot receiver?

Remember when Welker left & they over paid Amendola to be our next slot receiver.

Except he failed in the slot & Edelman ended up in the slot. Now the backup to Edelman in the slot is Hogan.

Learn what positions your binky plays before you start bragging about him.

I really think that it is this simple. Hawkins is the replacement player for whichever WR gets injured. Curiously, the player that Hawkins won't replace is Amendola. If Danny is injured, they either won't replace him or find another punt returner.

He hasn't had a chance to play with Brady yet. If Brady can make a JAG like Amendola & Hogan look good, then Hawkins is in a a good situation.

holy **** the weather must be real fair right now. the USS cupofjoe1962 is leaving the Amendola/Hogan Bay. next stop Hawkins is the new hotness. after that some other nobody that is totes the best thing since sliced bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back