PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola vs Hawkins for the final WR spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Pats over the last four seasons, Amendola has 10 regular season TDs and 4 playoff TDs. Considering how much less often he's been targeted than the other WRs, that seems pretty decent to me.

I'm certainly glad that someone who can't be bothered to look stuff up isn't making the roster decisions for the Pats.

10 regular season touchdowns in 4 seasons is 2.5 per season.

Those are JAG stats.
Guys with better stats than that are released all the time.

Now the 4 playoff touchdowns are important, but David Givens had 7 playoff touchdowns playing with Brady.

Brady is known to make JAGS shine, but 2.5 touchdowns per seasons are the stats of a JAG.

Kembrell Thompkins & Aaron Dobson had better stats than Amendola in 2013.

Brandon Lafell & Tim Wright had better stats than Amendola in 2014.

Scott Chandler had more touchdowns than Amendola in 2015.

All of those players have been released except Amendola.

Last edited:
Amendola can play every WR role they use. You don't actually watch the Patriots do you? Without his contributions they are still at 3 Lombardi's.
i have hard time naming a few if any WR at all that could make these catches, surely leaving pats in a 13 yr SB dry spell

When you are in a situation that forces you to read what the TFB reads and adjust so that you are on the same page, in the biggest of games, and you do that successfully, you as a fan earn my trust...whether or not coaches feel the same way..."you'd have to ask them:"...

10 regular season touchdowns in 4 seasons is 2.5 per season.

Those are JAG stats.
Guys with better stats than that are released all the time.

Now the 4 playoff touchdowns are important, but David Givens had 7 playoff touchdowns playing with Brady.

Brady is known to make JAGS shine, but 2.5 touchdowns per seasons are the stats of a JAG.

Kembrell Thompkins & Aaron Dobson had better stats than Amendola in 2013.

Brandon Lafell & Tim Wright had better stats than Amendola in 2014.

Scott Chandler had more touchdowns than Amendola in 2015.

All of those players have been released except Amendola.

That's 14 TDs on 289 tgts over 4 seasons (including playoffs) at a catch rate of 69.2%, highest on the team over that span.

In 2016, Amendola had 1 TD every 7.3 tgts, #1 on the team. Next closest was Bennett at 1 TD/10.4 tgts.

In 2016, Amendola's catch rate was 79.3%, #1 on the team. Next closest was Bennett at 75%. Nobody else topped 67%.

I could go on, but clearly it's pointless. Your understanding of a player's actual value to the team on the field in terms of Wins and Losses is limited to fantasy football standards. If a player doesn't meet those, he's automatically a JAG to you and no facts or analyses or explanations will ever dissuade you of your laughably shallow evaluation.

So, y'know, buh-bye!

That's 14 TDs on 289 tgts over 4 seasons (including playoffs) at a catch rate of 69.2%, highest on the team over that span.

In 2016, Amendola had 1 TD every 7.3 tgts, #1 on the team. Next closest was Bennett at 1 TD/10.4 tgts.

In 2016, Amendola's catch rate was 79.3%, #1 on the team. Next closest was Bennett at 75%. Nobody else topped 67%.

I could go on, but clearly it's pointless. Your understanding of a player's actual value to the team on the field in terms of Wins and Losses is limited to fantasy football standards. If a player doesn't meet those, he's automatically a JAG to you and no facts or analyses or explanations will ever dissuade you of your laughably shallow evaluation.

So, y'know, buh-bye!

Ok.... snowflake

One TD every 7.3 Tgts.... lol

They don't give the NFL teams points for catch rate do they?

Amendola had 23 receptions for 243 yards last year with 4 touchdowns.

174 players in the NFL had more receptions than Amendola in 2016.
It is not a stretch to refer to him as a JAG.

What is your definition of a JAG?

When you only have 23 receptions for the season in "12 games he played" , It is less than 2 catches per game (1.91)
& "20".25 yards per game.

Look at these guys....

Chris Thompson - WAS - 49 receptions
Will Tye - NYG - 48 receptions
Eli Rogers - PIT - 48 receptions
All three of those JAGS had more than twice as many receptions as Amendola.

I think I have covered this subject enough. I will give you the last word & maybe you can tell me how he was an Eagle Scout.

See ya... snowflake

Last edited:
How many years have folks on this board had Amendola being cut? Well, perhaps not as many as Slater. Amendola's not going anywhere!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back