PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Ameer Speed - Round 6 - #214 Overall

Still feel strongly that since this kid is not a football player, he should have been a FA only. So why waste a draft pick on him?

Even Spartan fans will tell you how surprised that he was drafted when far better players weren’t. Just looking at a sheet of paper is only what makes him enticing.

Dude couldn’t cover receivers. He was regularly torched.

Why not use that pick on an injured stud like USC’s Vorhees, a RB, or a developmental LT like Northern Michigan’s Jake Witt or TE like Old Dominion’s Zack Kuntz?

Still feel strongly that since this kid is not a football player, he should have been a FA only. So why waste a draft pick on him?

Even Spartan fans will tell you how surprised that he was drafted when far better players weren’t. Just looking at a sheet of paper is only what makes him enticing.

Why not use that pick on an injured stud like USC’s Vorhees, a RB, or a developmental LT like Northern Michigan’s Jake Witt or TE like Old Dominion’s Zack Kuntz?

How good was he on Special Teams in terms of tackling?

Really like ****s

The number of draft capital Bill spends on special teamers is staggering.
Agree that many of these guys can be signed as UFAs.

Drafting a guy like Speed or Bolden means the Patriots WANTED them. It also means that the Pats didn't want to have to worry about signing them since the Pats only had 3 UDFA spots Available.

The number of 7th round picks that get complained about is ridiculous.

Yeah he just never even looked like a confident player in his opportunities. All the traits physically, but just couldn't put it together at the NFL level

Don't know what Bill saw in this dude in the first place... I thought I read/heard once that he would've considered taking SloJuan at 32! if Kneal, Harry had already been taken...

Don't know what Bill saw in this dude in the first place... I thought I read/heard once that he would've considered taking SloJuan at 32! if Kneal, Harry had already been taken...
Yeah.. another ODD choice in the draft year as well.. I still honestly believe N'Keal has ability, but his attitude as reported was the main reason for his never really developing.. getting often injured with not developing is sure bet to get cut in the NFL.. yeah he's in Chicago still right?

This wasn't a deep draft. The team was only looking for players had some chance to make the roster. Special teams is better than no team.

Yeah.. another ODD choice in the draft year as well.. I still honestly believe N'Keal has ability, but his attitude as reported was the main reason for his never really developing.. getting often injured with not developing is sure bet to get cut in the NFL.. yeah he's in Chicago still right?

Still a free agent.

How good was he on Special Teams in terms of tackling?
I acknowledge he was decent to good as a gunner. He could get there fast and tackle guys nearly motionless, heads looking up to catch the punted ball

Again, his measurable make fat coaches drool.

But as a CB he was bad. The game I watched in person at Maryland on a critical third and long late in the fourth who did Baby Tua target? With success?

Happened over and over. And the Michigan State defensive backfield has been among the worst in the Power 5. And the dude stood out with his abject mediocrity.

Built like Superman but plays like Charlie Brown.

Can Dante come out of retirement to work with him?

Height and speed aren't everything.
Successful DBs are natural geometry savants. It's like instantaneous, full-body, instinctual "Donald Duck In Mathmagic Land" ****,...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back