PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Almost Half Rebuilt

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Defensively we added 2 new DTs a new OLB/DE a DB and a LB (Hightower). 5 new starters.
Offensively we added WR WR TE OT 4 new starters
A few more to go and then a whole bunch of depth upgrades with the rest of free agency and late round picks. Draft the QB.

Defensively we added 2 new DTs a new OLB/DE a DB and a LB (Hightower). 5 new starters.
Offensively we added WR WR TE OT 4 new starters
A few more to go and then a whole bunch of depth upgrades with the rest of free agency and late round picks. Draft the QB.
Will Cinny trade with us? Give up 1, 2, 4 to move to 5? Mr. Glass replaces Thuney, he should not get too many injuries playing guard.
If no trade, I think we can work with Mac Jones

+ WR1 and more than what they got today at DL and LB
We added 2 starting DTs and a probowl caliber DE/OLB

DT
Godshauk
Anderson
Cowart
(Allen?)
Wise on 3rd down

LB/DE
Hightower
Judon
Winovich
Uche
Jennings
Bentley

What’s more to add?

We added 2 starting DTs and a probowl caliber DE/OLB

DT
Godshauk
Anderson
Cowart
(Allen?)
Wise on 3rd down

LB/DE
Hightower
Judon
Winovich
Uche
Jennings
Bentley

What’s more to add?
Simon?

Would have loved to have Thuney back, but overall as a Pat fan, I am thrilled about today!! Hoping to now sign Andrews and Jackson.
Trading for brown overcomes the thuney lost by freeing onwenu up to take his spot.

That’s an example if a depth piece. If winovich, uche and Jennings take the next step Simon won’t see the field.

Would love to have Guy back. Odds of that happening are very slim or non-existent at this point. Really going to miss his lunch pail attitude out there. As for the rest, no complaints. Like every player. Won’t react to salary cap figures until they really hit. HT & Judon on the same field as a 1+ year Uche?! Maaaaan.

Assuming Ht is back, i think all we’d really need primarily is:

Lb (1)- perhaps van noy reunion would
Qb - hopefully jg if this sf looking at trubisky talk is true
C - HOPEFULLY andrews back , otherwise we need to complete what should be a beastly line
K - folk back again?

secondary needs:
CB prospect- Gilmore has one year left, and may not even see that here. Jcj should hopefully be back on a tender but will be looking to get paid next year.
Rotational de - hopefully wino and judon have the majority of edge reps locked down. Depth still needed along with wise. This could be a primary need if the murmurs about wino possibly making his way down to bbs doghouse are a serious concern.

tertiary needs:
Interior Ol depth
Rb depth unless burkhead or white are brought back

wr is a controversial one here, yeah we could use a true #1 but i think we are OK at the position given the makeup of this offense. Plus we have already spent alot, i think a wr1 is highly unlikely right now. Otherwise, Id say the ‘depth ‘ is enough here.

All in all I think its very good shape heading into the latter parts of FA and draft.

Last edited:
I would feel better about the DL with Guy and Butler but that seems unlikely now.

Assuming Ht is back, i think all we’d really need primarily is:

Lb (1)- perhaps van noy reunion would
Qb - hopefully jg if this sf looking at trubisky talk is true
C - HOPEFULLY andrews back , otherwise we need to complete what should be a beastly
K - folk back again?

secondary needs:
CB prospect- Gilmore has one year left, and may not even see that here. Jcj should hopefully be back on a tender but will be looking to get paid next year.
Rotational de - hopefully wino and judon have the majority of edge reps locked down. Depth still needed along with wise. This could be a primary need if the murmurs about wino possibly making his way down to bbs doghouse are a serious concern.

tertiary needs:
Interior Ol depth
Rb depth unless burkhead or white are brought back

wr is a controversial one here, yeah we could use a true #1 but i think we are OK at the position given the makeup of this offense. Plus we have already spent alot, i think a wr1 is highly unlikely right now. Otherwise, Id say the ‘depth ‘ is enough here.

All in all I think its very good shape heading into the draft.
Good post Patsy, I think you covered the main areas of QB and C and even brought up the potentia cb position.

WR is a tough call as you said...with Agholor, Bourne, Edleman, Meyers, Harry I guess a true number 1 would be nice, but this group is a lot better than it was last year and I have a feeling we'll be adding at least one player via the draft. Adding Smith at TE also is huge.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back