PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alex Guerrero (proxy for Tom Brady) takes shot at BB

@VectorPrime has been saying this for a month. Bill is Wickersham’s source, and the book is a hit piece on Tom. I can’t imagine now that it isn’t, seeing Wickersham’s tweet. He clearly has an axe to grind.

I was honestly hoping to be wrong. I’d have literally preferred a more spread around hit piece lol.

Certain people have been saying for literally 3 and a half years that the sources behind Seth Wickersham’s infamous Jan 2018 hit piece article about Brady were Bill and his people. Most everyone here laughed it off. Well now apparently Bill has gone on the record with his thoughts in this upcoming book, vindicating the theory.

Certain people have been saying for literally 3 and a half years that the sources behind Seth Wickersham’s infamous Jan 2018 hit piece article about Brady were Bill and his people. Most everyone here laughed it off. Well now apparently Bill has gone on the record with his thoughts in this upcoming book.

Who else would know that Bill interviewed for other head coach positions? It would have to be Bill or one of the Krafts. No one else is at that level, or would ever provide that information.

Albert Breer, who read the book already, has LITERALLY said on the radio that while the book of course goes into Spygate it portrays Bill in a way that, in Breer’s words, he’d be happy with. Breer then went on to say that he wouldn’t think Brady would be as happy with how deflate gate is discussed. Explain how those two things can coexist in a way that isn’t a partisan hit job.

But who knows, maybe Breer is just illiterate. I wouldn’t bet on it though.

If Bill has another losing season, this book is going to be a bad, bad look. It will look like Dan Gilbert going after LeBron James.

Albert Breer, who read the book already, has LITERALLY said on the radio that while the book of course goes into Spygate it portrays Bill in a way that, in Breer’s words, he’d be happy with. Breer then went on to say that he wouldn’t think Brady would be as happy with how deflate gate is discussed. Explain how those two things can coexist in a way that isn’t a partisan hit job.

But who knows, maybe Breer is just illiterate. I wouldn’t bet on it though.
I can’t imagine what there is to be happy about re Spygate. Spygate is 100% on Bill and he even admitted it was a mistake so to me the spin from the book is meaningless. He is branded permanently as a cheater, and there’s a quite a bit higher than zero chance he won’t get into the HoF on the first ballot because of that.

Brady isn’t branded like that and it’s a lock he will be in unanimously on the first ballot.

I can’t imagine what there is to be happy about re Spygate. Spygate is 100% on Bill and he even admitted it was a mistake so to me the spin from the book is meaningless. He is branded permanently as a cheater, and there’s a quite a bit higher than zero chance he won’t get into the HoF on the first ballot because of that.
You have got to be kidding me with this post.

Bill made the mistake of challenging Goody. That's all he did wrong.

If Bill was user-friendly his public perception would be a lot different. Say Tony Dungy...

Bill is a 1st ballot HOF coach and sure, the only reason he won't be a unanimous selection is because there are ****head sportswriters who had their little feelings hurt because Bill treated them like crap.
Brady isn’t branded like that and it’s a lock he will be in unanimously on the first ballot.
There are millions of idiots who think Brady is a cheater.

Last edited:
Certain people have been saying for literally 3 and a half years that the sources behind Seth Wickersham’s infamous Jan 2018 hit piece article about Brady were Bill and his people. Most everyone here laughed it off. Well now apparently Bill has gone on the record with his thoughts in this upcoming book, vindicating the theory.
Yep.

I have no doubt Bill is Wick's Deepthroat.

Bill is in legacy protection mode.

Tom is also in the same mode.

So is Kraft.

Gotta see all angles.

You have got to be kidding me with this post.

Bill made the mistake of challenging Goody. That's all he did wrong.

If Bill was user-friendly his public perception would be a lot different. Say Tony Dungy...

Bill is a 1st ballot HOF coach and sure, the only reason he won't be a unanimous selection is because there are ****head sportswriters who had their little feelings hurt because Bill treated them like crap.

There are millions of idiots who think Brady is a cheater.
There’s at least one HOF voter (from Pitt I think) on the record saying he is not voting for BB because of Spygate. Ron Borges is also a voter do you think he’ll vote for Bill? No doubt there are more. I agree with the thought that it would be different if Bill didn’t have a surly way of dealing with the press. I think he gets in on the first ballot anyway but it won’t be unanimous and there could be enough voters who feel the same way to make it interesting. Unfair but it is what it is.

Goodell didn’t help things at all by not squashing the perception that he “destroyed the evidence”. But that’s the way he rolls and we know that now.

As for Spygate itself there’s not much to debate. Bill admitted it and now he is branded as a cheater. I think he did it to try and outsmart his peers after the memo came out. The problem I have with it is lawyering up the wording of the rules was never his job. One phone call to the league to check it would have saved him, the Patriots and especially us fans so much grief.

There’s at least one HOF voter (from Pitt I think) on the record saying he is not voting for BB because of Spygate. Ron Borges is also a voter do you think he’ll vote for Bill? No doubt there are more. I agree with the thought that it would be different if Bill didn’t have a surly way of dealing with the press. I think he gets in on the first ballot anyway but it won’t be unanimous and there could be enough voters who feel the same way to make it interesting. Unfair but it is what it is.

Goodell didn’t help things at all by not squashing the perception that he “destroyed the evidence”. But that’s the way he rolls and we know that now.

As for Spygate itself there’s not much to debate. Bill admitted it and now he is branded as a cheater. I think he did it to try and outsmart his peers after the memo came out. The problem I have with it is lawyering up the wording of the rules was never his job. One phone call to the league to check it would have saved him, the Patriots and especially us fans so much grief.
Good post. Agree with most of what you said.

Borges is on the board. He better vote for him.

There is no doubt Bill's hubris got the best of him. Mangini's crying to the league in 06 and all the ex Jet execs in the league office pissed Bill off big time and he flipped them all the middle-finger.

I think Bill calculated that Goody would understand that filming signals was part of the game and Kraft would calm Goody down.

Nope.

You left off:
Milloy
Law
Ted Johnson
Adalius Thomas
Butler
Mankins
Dion Lewis
Don't forget Seymour. That trade wasn't so popular at the time.
Vinatieri is another example.

Yep.

So is Kraft.

Gotta see all angles.
Damn right!

There’s a lot of revisionist history about the Patriots and Bucs in 2020 after Brady signed with TB.

Oddsmakers had both teams at 9.5 wins for their over/under. The Patriots had the third best odds to win the AFC.

Almost no pundits were picking the Bucs to win or saying it was anything close to a great team. Solid players in Evans, Godwin, shaky offensive line, great front 7, bad secondary, laughingstock coaching staff.

The idea that Brady jumped to a stacked team that was sure to contend is such a huge misnomer. The debate in the 2020 offseason was who would win more games between the Patriots and Bucs.

After Brady recruited three key players, elevated the offensive line play by better communication, and helped improve the offense, the Bucs peaked late in the year after starting 7-5.

The Patriots, meanwhile, shot out of the gate faster than the Bucs but completely face planted. All the things they claimed Bill could do (improve team as year went on, always play every opponent tough, win with any quarterback, not make excuses) was more of a punchline.

Hence, due to completely different impacts made by Brady on a 9-win projected team and Bill on a projected 9-win team, the revisionist historians claim the Bucs were a super team just waiting for a decent QB and the Patriots were one of the worst teams in the league if not for Bill.

Damn right!

I think people have that opinion because of their skill position players. There are very few receiving corps in league history that match up to what they have.
Adding Gronk and AB made a HUGE difference.

Deus....

The biggest fraud on this board.
I can't see the post to which you're responding so I'm not sure of the context, but I don't see Deus as a fraud at all. If he was he'd be on my ignore list with the other dirty dozen or two.

Yep.

So is Kraft.

Gotta see all angles.
I would not call it legacy protection mode. The legacy is set - best franchise in NFL history with 2 decades of unprecedented success capped with 6 chips.

The battle is over the narrative of WHO was most responsible. This is where Brady has dropped the hammer with his SB win last year while we went 7-9. It's not over by any means as Bill is still rebuilding, but what Tom did last year is one of the most emphatic mic drops ever.

If folks would stop responding to the obvious trolls that's a gift that would make it feel like Christmas around here.
There will always be trolls.

I would not call it legacy protection mode. The legacy is set - best franchise in NFL history with 2 decades of unprecedented success capped with 6 chips.

The battle is over the narrative of WHO was most responsible. This is where Brady has dropped the hammer with his SB win last year while we went 7-9. It's not over by any means as Bill is still rebuilding, but what Tom did last year is one of the most emphatic mic drops ever.
Since Bill's gal pal took shots at Brady on social media during his greatest SB run and Bill is taking shots at Tom behind the cover of a book, Tom and all of his supporters are paying them back, in spades. Letting Brady go was a mistake and clearly not what was "best for the team."

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back