PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alex Guerrero (proxy for Tom Brady) takes shot at BB

I would not call it legacy protection mode. The legacy is set - best franchise in NFL history with 2 decades of unprecedented success capped with 6 chips.

The battle is over the narrative of WHO was most responsible. This is where Brady has dropped the hammer with his SB win last year while we went 7-9. It's not over by any means as Bill is still rebuilding, but what Tom did last year is one of the most emphatic mic drops ever.
Legacy in terms of how Tom was treated and what led to his departure.

I can't see the post to which you're responding so I'm not sure of the context, but I don't see Deus as a fraud at all. If he was he'd be on my ignore list with the other dirty dozen or two.
There are years worth of posts. Especially since he said he'd leave the board if Brady left the team.

Last edited:
So Bill has Dante and Lombardi speaking for him. Interesting.
Not surprising to me though. Bill is in legacy control mode and pulling out all the stops after his girlfriend fired the first volley last February on social media. Bill is doing what's best for him now.

There are years worth of posts. Especially since he said he'd leave the board if Brady left the team.
I thought he vowed to leave here once Brady retired, but I could be wro... wro... wro... wrong. Has that decision been made for him now?

I thought he vowed to leave here once Brady retired, but I could be wro... wro... wro... wrong. Has that decision been made for him now?
Not 100% sure. All I know is he acted like a child when the parents told him his friend can't play with him anymore

I don't hate Deus....but I pity the fool

I would not call it legacy protection mode. The legacy is set - best franchise in NFL history with 2 decades of unprecedented success capped with 6 chips.

The battle is over the narrative of WHO was most responsible. This is where Brady has dropped the hammer with his SB win last year while we went 7-9. It's not over by any means as Bill is still rebuilding, but what Tom did last year is one of the most emphatic mic drops ever.
Bill is sub .500 lifetime without Brady. A lot of his circumstances in Cleveland were out of his control but he still has had 2 losing seasons out of 3 as a Patriot without Brady. Brady has won a championship without Bill and his team looks well on their way to a second one with Brady. We know for sure now that Brady was never a product of Bill,nor does Bill have a magic wand that can turn a crap QB and roster into a championship winning one like many people assumed. Not Lombardi, Shula, Noll nor any of the other great HC's have that ability either so that's not a knock on BB, just a reality check. I'd love to see BB build a contender in the next year or two. Hopefully he found his QB and that's the most important piece.

QB purgatory really sucks and I'd like to think we're going to skip all of that.

Last edited:
Not surprising to me though. Bill is in legacy control mode and pulling out all the stops after his girlfriend fired the first volley last February on social media. Bill is doing what's best for him now.
She's another one who needs to keep her yap shut

I put this in the same category as Gisele defending Brady after Super Bowl 46. I'm sure Bill regrets the way things ended with Brady at the very least but I think if Mac turns out to be special that regret will be forgotten.

Bill is sub .500 lifetime without Brady. A lot of his circumstances in Cleveland were out of his control but he still has had 2 losing seasons out of 3 as a Patriot without Brady. Brady has won a championship without Bill and his team looks well on their way to a second one with Brady. We know for sure now that Brady was never a product of Bill,nor does Bill have a magic wand that can turn a crap QB and roster into a championship winning one like many people assumed. Lombardi, Shula, Noll nor many of the other greats don't have that ability either so that's not a knock on BB, just a reality check. I'd love to see BB build a contender in the next year or two. Hopefully he found his QB and that's the most important piece.

QB purgatory really sucks and I'd like to think we're going to skip all of that.
Bill drafted, developed, played, paid and surrounded him with the talent to play in 9 Super Bowls.

To say Bill sucks without Tom is crap- especially when no one has any idea what Tom's career would have been without being drafted here

What happens when the NEP win a SB w Mac? What's the narrative?

Do fans say Walsh, Landry, Noll and Lombardi are non-winners without their HoF QB? No.

I put this in the same category as Gisele defending Brady after Super Bowl 46. I'm sure Bill regrets the way things ended with Brady at the very least but I think if Mac turns out to be special that regret will be forgotten.
The report from the Bob/Tom/Gisele meeting in which she blasted Bills treatment of Tom is rich.

“She also pointed out how ridiculous it was that after all these years, Belichick still treated Brady like ‘f—–g Johnny Foxboro.’ It was bad enough to never voice approval. It was bulls–t to still be dressing down the most accomplished quarterback in league history during team meetings and treating his personal trainer and best friend like some kind of outcast.”

Like I always say....never piss off a Brazilian supermodel.

Yep. I don't get why she felt the need to comment at all. It came across very poorly and quite possibly started the pro-Tom train rolling. She's great to look at though. :)

Bill drafted, developed, played, paid and surrounded him with the talent to play in 9 Super Bowls.

To say Bill sucks without Tom is crap- especially when no one has any idea what Tom's career would have been without being drafted here

What happens when the NEP win a SB w Mac? What's the narrative?

Do fans say Walsh, Landry, Noll and Lombardi are non-winners without their HoF QB? No.
If Walsh and the rest of them were in this era - maybe they would. Bill just gets the most attention since he's the most relevant today.

All we know right now about BB for sure with or without Brady is he's one of - if not the greatest - defensive minds of all time, he proved that. As a coach sans Brady he had a bad QB and football team to work with last year. He had a good but also flawed team to work with in 2008, and got 11 wins. He had a QB that didn't fit his system in 2000. It is all about the talent. A coach can't turn a team that realistically shouldn't have won more than 2-3 games (like the Pats last year) into a contender by himself. Not even BB.

Yep. I don't get why she felt the need to comment at all. It came across very poorly and quite possibly started the pro-Tom train rolling. She's great to look at though. :)
I think she falls into the same bucket as what Tom eluded to. Those who love you will defend you.

The breakup between Tom and Bill was multi-faceted and complex. It wasn't just one thing. Im not sure simpletons like she and AG get that.

If Walsh was in this era - maybe they would. Bill just gets the most attention since he's the most relevant today.

All we know right now about BB for sure with or without Brady is he's one of - if not the greatest - defensive minds of all time, he proved that. As a coach sans Brady he had a bad QB and football team to work with last year. He had a good but also flawed team to work with in 2008, and got 11 wins. He had a QB that didn't fit his system in 2000. It is all about the talent. A coach can't turn a team that realistically shouldn't have won more than 2-3 games (like the Pats last year) into a contender by himself. Not even BB.
I agree but when fans throw out the , 'Bill has a losing record without Tom' narrative I think it's incredibly lazy.

Bill took over a steaming pile of **** in CLE with a cheap prick of an owner and had them winning w/o being able to spend in FA in 3 years.

Bill inherits a better situation here and wins a SB the following year because he found a player who was the greatest franchise difference maker in NFL history. He deserves that credit.

I think she falls into the same bucket as what Tom eluded to. Those who love you will defend you.

The breakup between Tom and Bill was multi-faceted and complex. It wasn't just one thing. Im not sure simpletons like she and AG get that.
On the AG thing - I've read talk that Wickersham will either drop a Guerrero/PED bomb on Brady or at least make a strong implication there was something there, with sources close to Bill.

Which makes no sense to me, as Bill would be implying his QB that won 3 SB's with Bill's team in the 2010's could be a PED cheat. That's the very last thing Bill's legacy needs.

Last edited:
I agree but when fans throw out the , 'Bill has a losing record without Tom' narrative I think it's incredibly lazy.

Bill took over a steaming pile of **** in CLE with a cheap prick of an owner and had them winning w/o being able to spend in FA in 3 years.

Bill inherits a better situation here and wins a SB the following year because he found a player who was the greatest franchise difference maker in NFL history. He deserves that credit.
Bill's problem in Cleveland IMO is he wasn't Bill F'n Belichick yet and yet he was the exact same guy as today being surly with the media and pissing off whoever he wants. He didn't know yet how to play that kind of game. He also belittled Marv Levy's coaching which was totally unnecessary and I'm sure didn't endear him to a lot of people.

With that said some of the anti-BB talk in the Boston media at the time of his hire was clownishly over the top. #DuplicitousPondScum

Last edited:
Bill's problem in Cleveland IMO is he wasn't Bill F'n Belichick yet and yet he was the exact same guy as today being surly with the media and pissing off whoever he wants. He didn't know yet how to play that kind of game. He also belittled Marv Levy's coaching which was totally unnecessary.

With that said some of the anti-BB talk in the Boston media at the time of his hire was clownishly over the top.
You guys are getting pretty upset about this book stuff but it's highly unlikely there is anything in there. Brady has almost certainly already seen the book with the amount of copies out there, NDA or not. If this hack writer uses undisclosed sources to make PED allegations there will be lawyers involved. If someone actually goes on the record they will be done in the NFL. I realize that these days people will take a janitor's opinion as fact if it's confirmation bias for them, but that's all this will be imo.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back