PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alex Guerrero (proxy for Tom Brady) takes shot at BB

Always two sides of a story. Guess depends who you ask Lombardi is a Belichick mouthpiece
Yeah Mike Lombardi is basically Bill’s puppet and in the story he talks about 2015 when Brady was 38 but Guerrero was banned in 2017 if I remember correctly. He doesn’t even talk about the same thing as Guerrero and i don’t know what bringing guys to bridge the gap with the millennials as anything to do with how Bill treated Brady.

I don’t particularly like Guerrero but Brady is not the one that found him. He was already working with Pats player in the early 2000. If I remember correctly McGiness introduced Alex to Brady.

Last edited:
Yeah Mike Lombardi is basically Bill’s puppet and in the story he talks about 2015 when Brady was 38 but Guerrero was banned in 2017 if I remember correctly. He doesn’t even talk about the same thing as Guerrero and i don’t know what bringing guys to bridge the gap with the millennials as anything to do with how Bill treated Brady.

I don’t particularly like Guerrero but Brady is not the one that found him. He was already working with Pats player in the early 2000. If I remember correctly McGiness introduced Alex to Brady.
Yep it was Willie Mac.

I cannot stand Guerrero either but pertaining to kinesiology I think he knows what he is doing.

It's the snake oil crap he slings and how he is up Brady's ass 100% of the time that annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited:
Pretty much confirms Brady wanted GOAT (special) treatment and BIll wasn't having it.
He wasn't having it anymore. Bill's way wasn't effective with him anymore. It was for a good amount if time. Combine that with no contract and no weapons, lost faith in his ability, SB 52 and it was time for them to part ways.

Disappointing comments from Dante IMO. Brady never minded being coached hard or was thinned skinned in film sessions. If he was, he never would have lasted 20 years.

The sense I got from Brady when he signed with Tampa is he was excited to have more say in the offense and more control. In other words, after running the Pats offense so successfully for 2 decades and 6 championships, he was looking to put more of his stamp on the offense and also have input in the offensive skill positions. He believed he had that earned that opportunity and that is what Alex means IMO when he says Bill did not evolve. It is easy to see in the way Tampa has treated him, making him a defacto coach and also giving him some say in evaluating the receivers. It is also no secret that Licht uses Brady to lure FAs to Tampa.

I can't blame Brady in a way for wanting those things but also understand that Bill is just way too old school to ever do that. I do believe that is one of Bill's shortcomings.

Last edited:
Disappointing comments from Dante IMO. Brady never minded being coached hard or was thinned skinned in film sessions. If he was, he never would have lasted 20 years.

The sense I got from Brady when he signed with Tampa is he was excited to have more say in the offense and more control. In other words, after running the Pats offense so successfully for 2 decades and 6 championships, he was looking to put more of his stamp on the offense and also have input in the offensive skill positions. He believed he had that earned that opportunity and that is what Alex means IMO when he says Bill did not evolve. It is easy to see in the way Tampa has treated him, making him a defacto coach and also giving him some say in evaluating the receivers. It is also no secret that Licht uses Brady to lure FAs to Tampa.

I can't blame Brady in a way for wanting those things but also understand that Bill is just way too old school to ever do that. I do believe that is one of Bill's shortcomings and why the sooner he moves on from GM, the better.
Dante made a general statement and hes 100% spot on.

I don't think Tom had a problem w/ BBs ball-busting specifically but had a problem being treated like everyone else.

The game has changed and has become a lot more NBA like with player control especially by the QBs.

Rubbish. Wilson lost his battle. AR lost. Tom lost here in NE.

I think Bill's way has worn thin and will continue to wear thin with the new generation. We have already started to see that with Wino.

Shame on Bill for not giving Wino the latitude to do whatever he wants. Wino has earned nothing.

I don't think Tom had a problem w/ BBs ball-busting specifically but had a problem being treated like everyone else.

Rubbish. Wilson lost his battle. AR lost. Tom lost here in NE.

Shame on Bill for not giving Wino the latitude to do whatever he wants. Wino has earned nothing.
Dante was correct in defining how Bill's run the org but was completely wrong in applying it (assuming he was) to Brady's discontent. IMO, being treated different has to do with Brady's influence over the offense. That is what he talks about in Tampa not about how they coach him or film sessions but his control over the offense. I think Brady mistakenly thought that Bill would see his 6 chips and give him the latitude to run things more but it just didn't happen and is really the shame of this whole thing IMO.

He gave Cam a ton latitude despite sucking week after week. It was for sure personal with Tom something Bill always prides himself on not doing.

Both Wilson and Rodgers won. Wilson got a new OC and a new Olineman. Rodgers reworked his contract to be traded at the end of the season.

Agree. I think it also gets into things that many would expect in America. More tenured employees, who have proven themselves over the years, and have always been accountable, expect more leniency with vacation and hours spent in the office. And for Tom, I think practice time, and relaxation days, is better for him physically and mentally.

If Tom has a problem about being called Johnny Foxboro, then that’s on him. However, I highly doubt that’s a source of frustration. I would believe Giselle had a problem with it, knowing how wives are. There may be some crossover here, too, into ”you’re just an employee like everyone else” and expanding that into the realm of personnel input.

But if Tom‘s camp meant to say something, and it gets misinterpreted, that’s their/his problem. That’s why you don’t fight these battles through radio sound bytes.

Dante was correct in defining how Bill's run the org but was completely wrong in applying it (assuming he was) to Brady's discontent. IMO, being treated different has to do with Brady's influence over the offense. That is what he talks about in Tampa not about how they coach him or film sessions but his control over the offense. I think Brady mistakenly thought that Bill would see his 6 chips and give him the latitude to run things more but it just didn't happen and is really the shame of this whole thing IMO.
I don't think Tom miscalculated anything. He knew Bill would run the program his way. He hope Bob would mediate and that was where he lost.
He gave Cam a ton latitude
That is simply not true. Cam had two choices. Run the play or run the option.

It was for sure personal with Tom something Bill always prides himself on not doing.
I don't understand this.

Both Wilson and Rodgers won. Wilson got a new OC and a new Olineman. Rodgers reworked his contract to be traded at the end of the season.
They both wanted to be traded and get more say in personnel. Those were both empty gestures by the team.

I don't think Tom miscalculated anything. He knew Bill would run the program his way. He hope Bob would mediate and that was where he lost.

That is simply not true. Cam had two choices. Run the play or run the option.

I don't understand this.

They both wanted to be traded and get more say in personnel. Those were both empty gestures by the team.
Lol. We disagree on all of it. I will leave it at that.
Game tomorrow. Saving my energy.

Agree. I think it also gets into things that many would expect in America. More tenured employees, who have proven themselves over the years, and have always been accountable, expect more leniency with vacation and hours spent in the office. And for Tom, I think practice time, and relaxation days, is better for him physically and mentally.

If Tom has a problem about being called Johnny Foxboro, then that’s on him. However, I highly doubt that’s a source of frustration. I would believe Giselle had a problem with it, knowing how wives are. There may be some crossover here, too, into ”you’re just an employee like everyone else” and expanding that into the realm of personnel input.

But if Tom‘s camp meant to say something, and it gets misinterpreted, that’s their/his problem. That’s why you don’t fight these battles through radio sound bytes.
Agree. Tom wanted some exceptions or special dispensations. Bill gave him a couple but not to the point he was to be treated like a peer.

Yep it was Willie Mac.

I cannot stand Guerrero either but pertaining to kinesiology I think he knows what he is doing.

It's the snake oil crap he slings and how he is up Brady's ass 100% of the time that annoys the hell out of me.
Yeah I mean, we can call him all the names and such, but Brady is playing at a high level at 44, something no other player in NFL history has done...must be doing something right. But with that said, he should be behind the scenes, we should not even know who he is.

So Bill has Dante and Lombardi speaking for him. Interesting.

2:38

There’s only one coach in the league and maybe ever who after a game like his all world QB had with a damaged hand in an AFC Championship game would look annoyed at a question like that and dismiss his QB’s performance. “It’s not open heart surgery here”. Lol

Last edited:

That is really strange for Wickersham to stick his nose in this. WTF? Certainly won't lend credibility to his book being unbiased. This could get ugly.

That is really strange for Wickersham to stick his nose in this. WTF? Certainly won't lend credibility to his book being unbiased. This could get ugly.
Yeah he has never done that before. He has a hard on for the pats to say the least.

@VectorPrime has been saying this for a month. Bill is Wickersham’s source, and the book is a hit piece on Tom. I can’t imagine now that it isn’t, seeing Wickersham’s tweet. He clearly has an axe to grind.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back