PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alex Guerrero (proxy for Tom Brady) takes shot at BB

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

No way is Alex saying this stuff if Brady hadn't approved it. So basically Brady was upset at being treated like he was still a rookie fighting for the parking spot.

No way is Alex saying this stuff if Brady hadn't approved it. So basically Brady was upset at being treated like he was still a rookie fighting for the parking spot.
Approved? Dude, come back to reality world here. This is not 4th grade. They are grown men, they can talk for themselves. If Brady wanted to say something he would. You act like gurerro held a press conference and said that. He was being asked a question, and all leads up to a stupid book that Brady has zero to do with. They are trying to sell you drama. If they say oh Brady just loved everything for 20 years, la la la, its not going to sell much.

Should Brady have been treated like he was a rookie? Should any seasoned veteran? Mccourty? Say Rodney Harrison? Drew Breese? Look it. The fact is Tom Brady after 15 -20 years in the league had earned a degree of respect. That apparently fell short. Approval? I dunno. I bet he appreciates someone having his back though.

Bill treats everyone like a rookie fighting for a parking spot. If Brady wanted favorable treatment because he's the GOAT, then he rightly needed to go somewhere else. Tampa is a crap organization that was desperate to win and would do anything to please Brady, including making Alex Guerrero a part of the team. As a manager, favorable treatment to one employee over another is never a good idea.

Bill treats everyone like a rookie fighting for a parking spot. If Brady wanted favorable treatment because he's the GOAT, then he rightly needed to go somewhere else. Tampa is a crap organization that was desperate to win and would do anything to please Brady, including making Alex Guerrero a part of the team. As a manager, favorable treatment to one employee over another is never a good idea.
Cam Newton: Exhibit A. Jimmy Garapollo: Exihibit B. You truly need to go somewhere else. Go irrational hater. Why are you always here?

Cam Newton: Exhibit A. Jimmy Garapollo: Exihibit B. You truly need to go somewhere else. Go irrational hater. Why are you always here?

How did he treat them differently? Did those guys have their own personal trainers in the locker room or am I missing something here?

Approved? Dude, come back to reality world here. This is not 4th grade. They are grown men, they can talk for themselves. If Brady wanted to say something he would. You act like gurerro held a press conference and said that. He was being asked a question, and all leads up to a stupid book that Brady has zero to do with. They are trying to sell you drama. If they say oh Brady just loved everything for 20 years, la la la, its not going to sell much.

Guerrero doesn't say sh*t about Brady without Brady's approval.....Tom Sr doesn't say sh*t about Brady without Brady's approval.....they are both minions who are expressing Brady's opinions. It's Tom's brand, he's the CEO.....what he says, goes......if he didn't want Guerrero to talk Guerrero wouldn't talk

the real question is 'why aren't you a Bucs fan by now?'

I think so. Banning Alex from the training room so Brady has to see him in the luxury box was in Tom vs TIme. Giselle also said that Tom wanted to be appreciated more. Again, Bill dropped the ball massively with the GOAT and Tampa was right there to pick it up and win the Lombardi and poised to potentially repeat this year.

How did he treat them differently? Did those guys have their own personal trainers in the locker room or am I missing something here?
It's not as if the owner pulled strings to get Prima Tompa exclusive real estate down the street from him at The Country Club..
It's not as if the owner reserved prime store frontage at Patriots Place so Prima Tompa could jump start his vanity project.
It's not as if the organization covered therapy & training expenses for players who Prima Tompa maneuvered over to the TB12 Clinic & Glute Massage Center
It's not as if the organization took a bullet financially, in the draft, and reputation-wise for Prima Tompa when his "special balls' were unmasked.

Long-time employee who transcended his profession wants special treatment and is annoyed when it does not happen. How is that even controversial?

Like, I understand why Brady wanted out and I understand why Bill did not want to deviate from the formula. The formula worked because Brady was treated like everybody else. MANY players said that "wow, if Tom Brady is being held accountable, I must watch my ass". Is it normal that Brady grew sick of it? Yes. Should Belichick have adapted? Maybe. It lasted 20 years. 20 YEARS! How often do player and coach cohabit for 20 years?

At the end of the day all of it is just noise. It ended the way it did and it is probably the best for both parties (in terms of happiness, not necessarily on-field results).

Can't wait until Tommy Boy has his typical bad game per season and Brucie A opines that "Terry Tampa (HS) woulda done better" upon film review

Can't wait until Tommy Boy has his typical bad game per season and Brucie A opines that "Terry Tampa (HS) woulda done better" upon film review
I always felt like Tommy Boy took criticism well on the rare occasion that he played poorly. I'm not sure that Billy Boy mocking him after a great win while playing with a thumb injury on his throwing hand was constructive though. And chasing him away over dollars, while at the same time taking the most of any other HC/GM, definitly wasn't helpful

Long-time employee who transcended his profession wants special treatment and is annoyed when it does not happen. How is that even controversial?

Like, I understand why Brady wanted out and I understand why Bill did not want to deviate from the formula. The formula worked because Brady was treated like everybody else. MANY players said that "wow, if Tom Brady is being held accountable, I must watch my ass". Is it normal that Brady grew sick of it? Yes. Should Belichick have adapted? Maybe. It lasted 20 years. 20 YEARS! How often do player and coach cohabit for 20 years?

At the end of the day all of it is just noise. It ended the way it did and it is probably the best for both parties (in terms of happiness, not necessarily on-field results).
Outstanding post. My sentiments exactly.

BA already criticized him for the strip sack in the Falcons game

Bill is an employee too. Two employees couldn’t work together. The team/owner chose to let go of the employee that would have helped the team much more. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you’re happy with the decision, and think “it worked out for both sides” then, again, you’re confusing Patriots fandom with Belichick fandom. They’re not the same thing. The Patriots were a dynasty, and now they’re not, and it’s primarily due to a bad decision that could have been prevented.

A real Patriots fan would demand answers and accountability, rather than celebrating (like a fool) that Belichick doesn’t owe any explanations as he stonewalls and covers his own ass. He should have owed explanations and should be accountable, just as he should have been numerous times in previous years including kicking off in OT against the Jets in 2015, throwing away HFA in 2015 and saying it barely mattered, the fiasco of SB52, failing to placate Gronk to the point of retirement, many poor drafts under Caserio, making excuses last year, blaming non-existent ”all-in years”, etc.

Bill is an employee too. Two employees couldn’t work together. The team/owner chose to let go of the employee that would have helped the team much more. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you’re happy with the decision, and think “it worked out for both sides” then, again, you’re confusing Patriots fandom with Belichick fandom. They’re not the same thing. The Patriots were a dynasty, and now they’re not, and it’s primarily due to a bad decision that could have been prevented.

A real Patriots fan would demand answers and accountability, rather than celebrating (like a fool) that Belichick doesn’t owe any explanations as he stonewalls and covers his own ass. He should have owed explanations and should be accountable, just as he should have been numerous times in previous years including kicking off in OT against the Jets in 2015, throwing away HFA in 2015 and saying it barely mattered, the fiasco of SB52, failing to placate Gronk to the point of retirement, many poor drafts under Caserio, making excuses last year, blaming non-existent ”all-in years”, etc.
Yep every single fan base questions their coach/GM.

Saying 6 rings doesn't mean Bill is beyond reproach.

When he makes a bad decision he deserves the criticism.

When Brady has a bad game, he deserves the criticism.

Billievers are in denial though because Bill is their hero. It would be interesting case study to examine what it is, do they love authoritative figures and think Bill is the prime example of it?

The Patriots were a dynasty, and now they’re not, and it’s primarily due to a bad decision that could have been prevented.
Huge assumption.

How?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots