PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alex Guerrero (proxy for Tom Brady) takes shot at BB

It has nothing to do with money but everything about appreciation and commitment.

how do you think Brady felt after playing at an MVP level and Bill was ready to let him go for Jimmy?

I have never believed Bill was genuinely ready to move on from Tom to Jimmy while Tom was kicking ass. Was he motivating Tom and hedging his bets on a 40yo QB still playing well? Damn straight.
How do you think he felt after SB52 where Bill blew a super bowl to make a point?
I don't know. Tom should ask Malcolm Butler why he wasn't ready to play in the Super Bowl.
How do you think he felt after he tried to trade Gronk the next offseason?
I don't know. Tom would have to ask Gronk why he was threatening to hold out after 2017 for more money.
How do you think he felt after asking for a multi year deal and Bill wouldn’t go beyond one year?

i really think money wasn’t a factor until 2019 when after winning a 6th super bowl he tried again for a multi year deal and Bill wouldn’t budge.
Tom was pretty clear money was a factor in the 2018 offseason. He told everyone to ask Kraft.
In the end his ego got in the way of what was best for the team. I am truly convinced, like many coach here have said, that Bill thought he could win with anybody.
Who's ego are we talking about? Self-described miserable, passive aggressive, Jim Gray, Oprah, Tom v Time Tom or BB?

We have very different viewpoints on the last few years. Suggest we leave it here.

Last edited:
Your fascination with prison shower stories and homo erotic imagery makes your homophobic posts a sure bet that latent homosexuality has set in. Now that Nassib came out, a tough as nails guy, should make it easier for you to accept it man.

Does your wife suspect yet, or does she know? You don't have to answer that.
When my oncologist upped my cancer meds from just hormone therapy (reduce testosterone that prostrate cancer feeds on) to next level t suppressing meds last summer he chuckled, "The good news is that now you'll be able to compete in the Olympics as a woman!"
Just in case I'm turning gay could you guys PM me unclothed photos so I can see if I react?

Sure…but that’s just one season. They would have had a greater chance to win last hear with Brady, even if their odds were lower than normal.

Also, since when was having a spending spree on free agents a good thing? It wouldn’t have been better to have Brady and $25M less for 2021? They overpaid a bunch of mid-tiers guys with that savings.
I just think it was a mutual decision.

Brady is all about SB wins.

Bill has to manage the present and future.

Brady & Bill both knew the 2020 Pats weren't winning the SB. Which isn't something you can say about the previous Pats. Between 2009-2018, they were a consensus top five SB team. Odds great to win it all.

I don't think Kraft or Belichick can be surprised Brady has thrown 56 TD passes in a span of 12 months. Along with a SB win & transforming a loser into now one of the best teams in all of sports.

It's just unfortunate it worked out this way.

To be fair, the Patriots didn't have the weapons the Bucs had. And I don't know if there could've been a spending free with Brady.
I'll confirm it for you. There wouldn't have been.

Miserable 2019 Tom would have become Miserable 2020 Tom.

This is ridiculous. How would a 43-year-old Brady have helped the team "much more?" You are assuming that, if BB were gone, (a) Kraft would have hired another coach who was good or elevated Josh McDaniels and won the super bowl and (b) there would be enough weapons for Brady. Moreover, you are assuming that Brady won't retire by age 45 and that Belichick won't coach into 2023 and beyond.
STFU Honk. Nobody wants you here. You're a liar and a snitch.

Don't force me to take a poll of if we want you off the island fool.

When my oncologist upped my cancer meds from just hormone therapy (reduce testosterone that prostrate cancer feeds on) to next level t suppressing meds last summer he chuckled, "The good news is that now you'll be able to compete in the Olympics as a woman!"
Just in case I'm turning gay could you guys PM me unclothed photos so I can see if I react?
Please tell me its in remission.

I just think it was a mutual decision.

Brady is all about SB wins.

Bill has to manage the present and future.

Brady & Bill both knew the 2020 Pats weren't winning the SB. Which isn't something you can say about the previous Pats. Between 2009-2018, they were a consensus top five SB team. Odds great to win it all.

I don't think Kraft or Belichick can be surprised Brady has thrown 56 TD passes in a span of 12 months. Along with a SB win & transforming a loser into now one of the best teams in all of sports.

It's just unfortunate it worked out this way.

There’s a lot of revisionist history about the Patriots and Bucs in 2020 after Brady signed with TB.

Oddsmakers had both teams at 9.5 wins for their over/under. The Patriots had the third best odds to win the AFC.

Almost no pundits were picking the Bucs to win or saying it was anything close to a great team. Solid players in Evans, Godwin, shaky offensive line, great front 7, bad secondary, laughingstock coaching staff.

The idea that Brady jumped to a stacked team that was sure to contend is such a huge misnomer. The debate in the 2020 offseason was who would win more games between the Patriots and Bucs.

After Brady recruited three key players, elevated the offensive line play by better communication, and helped improve the offense, the Bucs peaked late in the year after starting 7-5.

The Patriots, meanwhile, shot out of the gate faster than the Bucs but completely face planted. All the things they claimed Bill could do (improve team as year went on, always play every opponent tough, win with any quarterback, not make excuses) was more of a punchline.

Hence, due to completely different impacts made by Brady on a 9-win projected team and Bill on a projected 9-win team, the revisionist historians claim the Bucs were a super team just waiting for a decent QB and the Patriots were one of the worst teams in the league if not for Bill.

Don't force me to take a poll of if we want you off the island fool.

I dare you...considering the fact that only Ian can ban people, I don't think it's going to get very far.

It will fade over time for sure.
Absolutely.

But Felger brought up a good point yesterday. Would the Pats not do a video tribute for Brady due to Guerrero & Tom Sr?

I think it's an easy no. There's going to be 70k fans that night. But many will be wearing #12 jerseys. No way Kraft doesn't satisfy the fans needs.

I really wish the trainer and Dad just backed off. Honestly what they said may very well be true. But it's a low road to go down. Say whatever you want. But Brady & Bill were pretty spectacular together.

October 3rd should be about recognizing and celebrating the greatest athlete the city has ever seen. Followed by kicking his butt and improving to 3-1.

Yes I got NE winning this weekend. I think Belichick vs Winston is worse than Belichick vs Goff in that SB. Mismatch.

There’s a lot of revisionist history about the Patriots and Bucs in 2020 after Brady signed with TB.

Oddsmakers had both teams at 9.5 wins for their over/under. The Patriots had the third best odds to win the AFC.

Almost no pundits were picking the Bucs to win or saying it was anything close to a great team. Solid players in Evans, Godwin, shaky offensive line, great front 7, bad secondary, laughingstock coaching staff.

The idea that Brady jumped to a stacked team that was sure to contend is such a huge misnomer. The debate in the 2020 offseason was who would win more games between the Patriots and Bucs.

After Brady recruited three key players, elevated the offensive line play by better communication, and helped improve the offense, the Bucs peaked late in the year after starting 7-5.

The Patriots, meanwhile, shot out of the gate faster than the Bucs but completely face planted. All the things they claimed Bill could do (improve team as year went on, always play every opponent tough, win with any quarterback, not make excuses) was more of a punchline.

Hence, due to completely different impacts made by Brady on a 9-win projected team and Bill on a projected 9-win team, the revisionist historians claim the Bucs were a super team just waiting for a decent QB and the Patriots were one of the worst teams in the league if not for Bill.

Brady obviously played a key role in that SB win. And it's not just the winning and culture change. The Bucs have a waiting list for tickets. They are now must see TV. Brady has made life alot easier for the ticket sales team too.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucs in the top 10 of most valuable NFL teams.

I think the Pats we're doomed last year due to the Covid-19 dropouts and the corpse of Newton. I don't think any other coach could've got that team to 7 wins. And very nearly 10 wins if things go differently in a few games.

All in all, I think both Brady and Bill were great last year.

In one week the entire nation will get the game that once seemed unthinkable. Tom Brady on one sideline. Bill Belichick on the other. And 70k fans with many mixed emotions. Because there's a ton of diehard Pats fans. But plenty still worship Brady.

I think the Pats we're doomed last year due to the Covid-19 dropouts and the corpse of Newton. I don't think any other coach could've got that team to 7 wins. And very nearly 10 wins if things go differently in a few games.
If thing go differently in a few games this could have been a 5-11 team. It works both ways.

You going to cry to Ian again?
Hahahahaha

Are you stupid? Ian and pretty much every moderator will see your poll.

And unless you and your twin brother @Ice_Ice_Brady have proof that I complained to Ian about having a separate Brady forum, STHU.

Brady obviously played a key role in that SB win. And it's not just the winning and culture change. The Bucs have a waiting list for tickets. They are now must see TV. Brady has made life alot easier for the ticket sales team too.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucs in the top 10 of most valuable NFL teams.

All in all, I think both Brady and Bill were great last year.

In one week the entire nation will get the game that once seemed unthinkable. Tom Brady on one sideline. Bill Belichick on the other. And 70k fans with many mixed emotions. Because there's a ton of diehard Pats fans. But plenty still worship Brady.

Do you understand they were a 9.5 win projected team before they even got Newton? Newton was a gift, due to Covid, because he couldn’t work out anywhere for a physical, so they got him practically for free. He sucked, but he was better than Stidham, the guy who was actually slated to replace Brady.

They had a handful of Covid dropouts, but Hightower was the only impact player. The rest of the guys are either out of the NFL or bit parts.

So all in all, the Patriots upgrade their QB by extreme luck due to Covid. The Bucs can’t even have an essential training camp with a first year QB coming into a new cultire and system. Covid is a bad excuse used by Bill and many fans. And just to further reinforce it, Bill even re-signed Cam to double down on the fact it was his own poor judgment and decisions at fault.

1632510711677.png

Is this the stacked Bucs team you’re referring to when you talk about how great the roster was?

1632510544683.png

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST