Votes: 9 10.8%
  • keeping all 3: Keionta, Crossen, JC

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • no trade in

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that really like Dorsett?
I don't have anything against him. He's above Aaron Dobson on the "Likability" meter. With that being the floor he has nowhere to go but up and I hope he gets there.

The next tier is the LaFell/Brandon Lloyd/Moss/Cooks/Welker tier. Productive but just had a weird time and ending here.

If he can get into the Jules/Troy/DA/Patton/Branch/Givens tier he'll never buy a drink again in this town.

Davis Webb is sitting there on the Jets practice squad. Might be an upgrade over Hoyer.

In order for the Pats to sign Webb off the Jets' PS, they are required to keep him on the 53-man for at least three games. "Might be" doesn't seem like a strong enough reason to cut someone else to make room for him.

Let me get this right, there are fans who want to sign Webb and expect him to be able to grasp the realities and subleties of this offense after the regular season has started and sacrifice a roster spot???

Beginning to think some posters have an overactive imagination.. not a huge fan of Hoyer, but he knows how to run this very complicated offense.. also difficult to gauge his effectiveness in this offense as we usually only see him in the preseason..

FYI he has a career QB rating of 83.3 and has played in 60 games in his career, most of the games he played in were with crappy teams..

Let me get this right, there are fans who want to sign Webb and expect him to be able to grasp the realities and subleties of this offense after the regular season has started and sacrifice a roster spot???

Beginning to think some posters have an overactive imagination.. not a huge fan of Hoyer, but he knows how to run this very complicated offense.. also difficult to gauge his effectiveness in this offense as we usually only see him in the preseason..

FYI he has a career QB rating of 83.3 and has played in 60 games in his career, most of the games he played in were with crappy teams..
In a perfect world the heir-apparant is holding a clipboard behind Tom and Hoyer.

The team needs an upgrade over Hoyer but this is not the year to do it.

No, I expect it would be a value-generating transaction, if nothing else, to have a young, intelligent QB with some tools who gets to sit on the bench all year and watch the greatest who ever did it.

If we have to start Hoyer for any extended length of time, consider the season over. It doesn't matter. I'm not trying to be a defeatist, but Hoyer sucks.

We are not built like the Eagles. We will not weather that storm. We're not even built like the Patriots of several years ago who won a handful of games with Matt Cassell at the helm.

No, I expect it would be a value-generating transaction, if nothing else, to have a young, intelligent QB with some tools who gets to sit on the bench all year and watch the greatest who ever did it.

If we have to start Hoyer for any extended length of time, consider the season over. It doesn't matter. I'm not trying to be a defeatist, but Hoyer sucks.

We are not built like the Eagles. We will not weather that storm. We're not even built like the Patriots of several years ago who won a handful of games with Matt Cassell at the helm.

If you're suggesting that, in the long run, Webb might be better to have on the PS than Etling, I might agree. If you're suggesting that the Pats carry Webb as a 3rd QB on the 53-man, I'd say that's not a good idea.

One thing that Hoyer can do is run the offense, though. He can react/adjust accordingly, line them up, and possibly even score 10 points a half. Those are things that any other QB will struggle to do here, at least without the proper time under his belt.

I also disagree with the notion that “the season is over” if Hoyer needs to start 5 or 6 games. I don’t know what your definition of extended time is, but I think 6 games is fair. It’s possible that he could lead them to a 3-3 record during that time with a heavier reliance on the run game/defense/shorter, quick release passes that he’s familiar with.

We're not even built like the Patriots of several years ago who won a handful of games with Matt Cassell at the helm.

That "handful" of games was actually 11.

The Pats may well have won in week-9 @IND, if not for a stupid "behavior penalty" by TE David Thomas on their last possession (the Pats lost 15-18). They also lost by a FG in OT to the Jets in week-11.

BTW - The Pats also lost Maroney for the season during week-3, and their RBs the rest of the way were Sammy Morris (31 years old), Kevin Faulk (32), Lamont Jordan (30) and UDFA BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

And, no, the defense wasn't "exceptional". It ranked 8th in points allowed, 10th in yards allowed and 20th in turnovers generated.

With the greatest of respect, you haven't a ****ing clue what you're talking about and you would be best served refraining from commenting on the subject.

There are more than enough brilliant minds in sport.

Oh, absolutely. Almost all of them are players, though.

No. There has been a group of people already last year who were encouraged by what he showed on tape even when running decoy routes last year. I think he will be more useful than Cooks in the intermediate game (which is not difficult because Cooks was a miserable failure there) but despite similar speed less useful deep.

That’s laughable. If he comes close to anything like cooks it will be a pleasant surprise. I would rather have cooks right now then this guy. Without cooks we don’t beat the jags.

That’s laughable. If he comes close to anything like cooks it will be a pleasant surprise. I would rather have cooks right now then this guy. Without cooks we don’t beat the jags.

Whats laughable is your reading comprehension. I said he will be more useful in the intermediate game than Cooks where Brandin was almost a net negative with his lack of elusiveness.

It is right there. Read and try to understand instead of kneejerk reacting.

One thing that Hoyer can do is run the offense, though. He can react/adjust accordingly, line them up, and possibly even score 10 points a half. Those are things that any other QB will struggle to do here, at least without the proper time under his belt.

I also disagree with the notion that “the season is over” if Hoyer needs to start 5 or 6 games. I don’t know what your definition of extended time is, but I think 6 games is fair. It’s possible that he could lead them to a 3-3 record during that time with a heavier reliance on the run game/defense/shorter, quick release passes that he’s familiar with.

Need to upvote this a few more times.

How was Seattle able to waive him (without injury designation) if he can't pass a physical? If anything, he should revert to their IR

That's the same question I had. I don't really know under what circumstances, if any, teams are required to use the "injured" designation when waiving a player.

Darboh's cap hit would probably have been somewhere around $450k (maybe less), after deducting an injury split. Apparently, the Seahawks (~$12M in cap space) didn't want to carry that and did whatever they needed to in order to avoid being obligated.

I wasn't talking Kiper, Mayock & McShay. I respect what they do but they care more about where a player is going as opposed to how good a player is at this stage of the game.
See, that's the problem right there. I was specifically talking about the Kipers, Mayocks and McShays..

Interesting situation with Darboh.
Did he officially clear medical eval before signing? Or is there some sort of pre-existing condition clause?

Do the Patriots want another player on IR on the salary cap?

Presumably he was not injured in Patriots practice. They claimed him. They did not sign him. There is a difference.
Because there is a potential wait list for players you have to have a roster spot available. But not sure how medical clearance works here.

Several tweets say that it was a failed physical designation. I don't know if that nullifies the waiver claim or not..

One thing that Hoyer can do is run the offense, though. He can react/adjust accordingly, line them up, and possibly even score 10 points a half...
Yeah, that would be his maximum output, but I don't think that the defense would hold many of Hoyer's opponents under 20 points.

If Hoyer has to start 6 games here, our season is indeed Ovah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes