Votes: 9 10.8%
  • keeping all 3: Keionta, Crossen, JC

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • no trade in

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. both managing the bottom of the roster around cutdown deadline. one worked one didn't work. just my guess.
2. no.

I'm confused. If Bolden wasn't coming back anyway, why mention him? And since you concede that all players lost would have been lost anyway, why do you keep going with the argument?

btw - if they really didn't care about Izzo as late season depth why would they keep him on 52 and not just IR-ed him keeping a precious roster spot for somebody else..

I never said they didn't care. I said they didn't care as strongly about that than about checking out some WRs.

I think one of the modus operandi we have seen with BB is that he likes to put off decisions as far as possible to increase his understanding of the consequences of a decision. Keeping Izzo on IR with a chance to return means that if something were to happen with Allen they might have someone who could potentially give them more than a street FA. That being said they apparently felt stronger about the WRs.

I never said they didn't care. I said they didn't care as strongly about that than about checking out some WRs.

I think one of the modus operandi we have seen with BB is that he likes to put off decisions as far as possible to increase his understanding of the consequences of a decision. Keeping Izzo on IR with a chance to return means that if something were to happen with Allen they might have someone who could potentially give them more than a street FA. That being said they apparently felt stronger about the WRs.

The care remark was actually referring to some other posts (not yours) ;)

When Brandon Cooks went down in the Super Bowl, it was right at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, and we were down 9-3. That means that in three quarters of football, against a top 5 defense, we put up 30 points and the vast majority of the 500+ yards with the following WRs:

Danny Amendola
Chris Hogan
Phillip Dorsett
Matthew Slater
Why is this guy mentioned? He didn't have a catch.

Why is this guy mentioned? He didn't have a catch.

Just because he was the only other "WR" on the active roster (wanted to keep a 1-to-1 depth chart for comparison purposes).

FYI when Matt Cassell was the QB of the NEP they went 10-5.. missed the playoffs, but not too shabby for a back up and more than a handful. Cassell has a QB rating of 65.3 that year...

Most teams operate in the here and now for back up QB's and with the exception of the most recent class, most will end their careers as backup QB's...

Guess one of the byproducts of having such a string of excellence is arguing about Hoyer, a career backup, who knows how to execute this offense.. not always pretty, but if #12 goes down he is prepared.

By the utterly ludicrous ESPN QBR. That's the system that in 2015 against Dallas, when Brady went 20-27 for 275 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs, gave him a 34.4 QBR. One of the worst ratings in the league that week. QBR is obsessed with attempting dangerous throws. If you're smart and take what the offense is giving you, you're penalized.

By the rating system everyone else uses, Cassel was 89.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back