PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG Practice/Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse James actually concerns me a bit. It might just be images burned into my mind of Owen Daniels owning us/Jamie Collins last year, and Dennis Pitta in other years, but it seems like TEs tend to do average to above average against our defenses.

Good thing we got rid of Collins :D

But really, we haven't actually played a team with a good TE this season, besides maybe Pitta for the Ravens, who basically did nothing all game.

Jimmy Graham was just back from injury when we played Seattle and Tyler Eifert was out when we played Cincinnati and that basically was it.

So we really haven't seen what a decent TE can do against this defense.

Last edited:
Thats the biggest Inj. question of the week. Could make a huge difference if close to 100% esp. in RZ + taking some pressure off B&B.

He's close to being a vegetable. I highly doubt he is anywhere close to 100%.

Jesse James actually concerns me a bit. It might just be images burned into my mind of Owen Daniels owning us/Jamie Collins last year, and Dennis Pitta in other years, but it seems like TEs tend to do average to above average against our defenses.
BB is going to try to make the steelers beat us with the likes of james. If they do it throwing to james and rogers and win, more kudos to them.

BB is going to try to make the steelers beat us with the likes of james. If they do it throwing to james and rogers and win, more kudos to them.

Great point. On a team that has Bell and Brown, if you get beat by the TE that says something.

Great point. On a team that has Bell and Brown, if you get beat by the TE that says something.
If they get beat with huge chunks of yardage, does it really matter who beat them? Does no good to contain Bell/Brown if James/Rogers are consistently making big plays.

If they get beat with huge chunks of yardage, does it really matter who beat them? Does no good to contain Bell/Brown if James/Rogers are consistently making big plays.

The idea is that Ben won't have confidence to throw to them, even if the matchups are favorable, or that he will try to force it to Brown/Bell resulting in turnovers. And frankly, there has not been a lot of times this season when Ben has been willing to get their third, fourth, and fifth options involved. Last year they had Bryant and Wheaton out there, with Williams often the second RB. This year it has basically been Ben, Bell, and Brown. It will be interesting to see just how confident Ben is in his abilities rather than his superstar players, which is what I think has always been the difference between him and better QBs. Think Manning last year throwing two TDs to a broken down Owen Daniels because he went with the coverage and matchup rather than the star playmakers. And obviously I don't need to give examples of Brady beating teams with depth options.

But yes, your point is correct, in taking what others are saying literally, which they might be, which is really kind of crazy, and again goes back to the Owen Daniels example.

We mock you for listening to it and then posting it on patsfans. You're giving them what they want. If you really want to stick it to the "assholes" stop listening to them. If you all do it, they'll be out of a job in new england.
That would be nirvana. Felger loses his job, goes back to the Patriots beat and spends eternity getting stonewalled by BB in press conferences.

Good thing we got rid of Collins :D

But really, we haven't actually played a team with a good TE this season, besides maybe Pitta for the Ravens, who basically did nothing all game.

Jimmy Graham was out when we played Seattle and Tyler Eifert was out when we played Cincinnati and that basically was it.

So we really haven't seen what a decent TE can do against this defense.
Jimmy Graham had 4 rec 48 yards vs NE this year..

Actually Dion Lewis is the major key he doubles as a All purpose RB a smaller version of Le'Veon Bell.

I was referring to the injured guys that i hope will be fine.

That would be nirvana. Felger loses his job, goes back to the Patriots beat and spends eternity getting stonewalled by BB in press conferences.

Also that sanctimonious b*tch reporter who asked Ben that question about Edelman too. I hate the media so much. There is near zero truthful reporting anymore. It's all about hot takes or controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes