PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG Practice/Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score
It's the middle of Championship week.
Got some good news to spread. Hopefully guys just got nicked up and are working towards the game.

Bennett just looks so slow compared to early in the year don't know what it is. Hope Mitchell gets back into the rythm of things quick

It's interesting.

His ankle and shoulder injuries have probably slowed him down a lot since really Week 5 when he looked his absolute best. But he's stayed in and toughed it out for the most part.

It's interesting.

His ankle and shoulder injuries have probably slowed him down a lot since really Week 5 when he looked his absolute best. But he's stayed in and toughed it out for the most part.

His production since then has been so low, I almost wonder if a few more weeks of rest would've put him in better shape for the playoffs?

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
His production since then has been so low, I almost wonder if a few more weeks of rest would've put him in better shape for the playoffs?

I imagine if Gronk were healthy, they might have done just that. But with home field still in play and no other viable TE's, Bennett was crucial down the stretch.

He don't need no rest. He channels Luke Cage. :D

How does Martellus Bennett battle through injury? By channeling his inner Luke Cage

“I just always think about Luke Cage,” Bennett said. “It’s funny when I get to the sideline, everyone’s like, ‘What would Luke Cage do?’ I’m like ‘[expletive], I’ve got to get back out there, because that’s what Luke Cage would do.

Difference is his skin is impenetrable and he can't be hurt or killed (except for very RARE occasions) - Bennett can...at least in real life.

Don't have a link but read from Pits well respected beat writer that L.Green the TE isn't expected back this game.

this is a little off topic but since it's been brought up...

Was Marty really better early in the season? how can we prove that aside from stats? everyone has a great game every so often, and his best taht i remember is his 2TD performance early in the year

maybe this is his consistent ceiling? i hope not but how do we know that is not the case

if this is what we can expect from him, id rather replace him in draft than resign him honestly

Was Marty really better early in the season? how can we prove that aside from stats? everyone has a great game every so often, and his best taht i remember is his 2TD performance early in the year

maybe this is his consistent ceiling? i hope not but how do we know that is not the case

if this is what we can expect from him, id rather replace him in draft than resign him honestly

Hell dude, I would draft a TE regardless of if he stays or not. It's one of the key positions with the least amount of depth.

I do like Marty's impact on the locker room, how he buys into the program, and the veteran experience he brings to the team.

He's much....much....much better than Scott Chandler

He had three TDs in Tom's return against Cleveland.

I have a sneaking suspicion we will eventually find out Bennett (will) require(d) surgeries on whatever is ailing him which has prevented him from playing at the level he is capable of.

The guy is a warrior. I think hes gutting it out big time. I'm not going to criticize his play one bit

Last edited:
It's interesting.

His brother has a ring. He wants one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back