PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Smith was talking about playing in the cold and talked about how in most stadiums the heaters are in the middle of the field while outside the numbers it's cold so it could affect traction? I wonder how the underground heating system is for Arrowhead. It's fairly new, so maybe it's different?

Their heaters are from sideline to sideline

I agree with it from that perspective the kid isn't going to quit he will go down guns a blazin. Rivers didn't quit either but many of his teammates did.

They didn't quit. The travel (two 10 a.m. P.D.T. playoff games back to back especially) and injuries to key players especially on defense (3 run-stopping linebackers on IR) helped do them in. They just hit the wall more than anything else.

Having said that, you guys outcoached and outperformed ours as well.

They didn't quit. The travel (two 10 a.m. P.D.T. playoff games back to back especially) and injuries to key players especially on defense (3 run-stopping linebackers on IR) helped do them in. They just hit the wall more than anything else.

Having said that, you guys outcoached and outperformed ours as well.

Injuries suck that's for sure. But it's unfortunately a part of the game.

But Rivers looked like he was losing his mind. That's on him.

The only reason I’m feeling a loss tomorrow is because we haven’t proven that we can win these big playoff games on the road plus we’ve lost 5 road games this season. It just hasn’t looked the same on the road. So I’m mentally preparing myself for the worst but I really hope they prove me wrong.

Weather forecast for warm now. Arctic Blast disappeared. Mid-30s. Maybe 40.

KC fans have been waiting for this for like 25 years and they’re emotionally into it more than we are

The only reason I’m feeling a loss tomorrow is because we haven’t proven that we can win these big playoff games on the road plus we’ve lost 5 road games this season. It just hasn’t looked the same on the road. So I’m mentally preparing myself for the worst but I really hope they prove me wrong.
We are winning. It'll be tight

KC fans have been waiting for this for like 25 years and they’re emotionally into it more than we are

And they can keep waiting. If there's one thing life's taught us all, it's that it doesn't matter how much you want something. Sometimes you still won't get it.

What the Kansas City fans feel or don't feel will have zero impact on the game. If anything, they're overtalking this week out of sheer terror.

Injuries suck that's for sure. But it's unfortunately a part of the game.

But Rivers looked like he was losing his mind. That's on him.

To be honest, having to play back-to-back playoff games starting at 1 p.m. was a much bigger factor than the injuries.

An article by John Breech of CBS Sports three years ago discussed this after the Seahawks found themselves in an identical situation in 2016 to the Chargers this year and had the same thing happen to them then (losing the 2nd back to back 1 p.m. ET game after winning the first).

In the article, Breech pointed out that from 2002-2016, Pacific and Mountain time zone teams have been outscored 202-56 in the first half of all 1 p.m. ET playoff games. The Seahawks in particular were outscored 75-0 in four 1 p.m. ET playoff games from 2010-2016.

Am I saying that the Chargers would have beaten the Patriots had they not been forced to play back-to-back playoff games at 1 p.m.? Not at all, there were other factors involved. I do believe that the first half would have been more competitive.

Last edited:
Anyone who isn't nervous about this game is pretending. Anyone who doesn't think this is a 50/50 game where either the Pats or Chiefs will win is pretending. I've seen too many of these road games to feel ****y about it. I’ve seen this movie go bad before. if I was a betting man (which I am not) I probably wouldn't even lay down a penny for this game. The Chiefs have every right to believe they will win. The game is at Arrowhead, Mahomes for this year is the real deal, Hill is scary fast, Williams has equaled Michel's production in the past 3 games, and their defense has turned it up a notch.

I know what I've seen this year from the Pats. Inconsistency. Gronk may be blocking but has been out of this offense for the most part. Hogan has been an odd duck this year. Brady has been a tad off throwing behind receivers more than I have ever seen him do it. Simply put the Pats have to play 60 minutes equal to how they played the Chargers in the 1st half in order to win. It would be really lucky if the Chiefs somehow throw up a stinker at home.

The one glaring bad play last week will serve as a huge point of emphasis for tomorrow. The Keenan TD. Cover 3. Gilmore got greedy because Keenan rarely runs deep routes, he tried jumping it. He wanted a pick. Glad he got that urge out of his system with a late pick last week. They probabaly didn't need the reminder with Hill this week, but just in case, that should nip it in the bud.

Anyone who isn't nervous about this game is pretending. Anyone who doesn't think this is a 50/50 game where either the Pats or Chiefs will win is pretending. I've seen too many of these road games to feel ****y about it. I’ve seen this movie go bad before. if I was a betting man (which I am not) I probably wouldn't even lay down a penny for this game. The Chiefs have every right to believe they will win. The game is at Arrowhead, Mahomes for this year is the real deal, Hill is scary fast, Williams has equaled Michel's production in the past 3 games, and their defense has turned it up a notch.

I know what I've seen this year from the Pats. Inconsistency. Gronk may be blocking but has been out of this offense for the most part. Hogan has been an odd duck this year. Brady has been a tad off throwing behind receivers more than I have ever seen him do it. Simply put the Pats have to play 60 minutes equal to how they played the Chargers in the 1st half in order to win. It would be really lucky if the Chiefs somehow throw up a stinker at home.
************ you are posting all over this board how you think the Pats will lose and how nervous you are.

Grab a drink and chill. Christ.

The one glaring bad play last week will serve as a huge point of emphasis for tomorrow. The Keenan TD. Cover 3. Gilmore got greedy because Keenan rarely runs deep routes, he tried jumping it. He wanted a pick. Glad he got that urge out of his system with a late pick last week. They probabaly didn't need the reminder with Hill this week, but just in case, that should nip it in the bud.
Agree. Keep everything in front. No need to try to be a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST