PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not counting on Mahomes cracking. Haven't seen nothing but cool under pressure from him this season even during their losses but I also think the Pats are ready for this game and looked the best I've seen them last week.

He is going to throw them a couple, he throws more balls than you think that should be picked of but somehow don't, it will be more of a "can we catch them" scenario. Hell NFLN just had segment with TD showing 4 balls from their last Raiders game that were bad decisions but not only did they not get picked they ended up being completions.

Patriots are 10-0 when rushing for 100yds.
KC is one of worst run defenses in the NFL .
Patriots will rush for well over 100 yds.
Patriots are the best team in the NFL in 21 personnel. A lot of that is Michel's excellence out of that grouping. He destroys teams from 21.
I believe KC is the worst team in the NFL defending 21 personnel.
I just don't see how KC is going to stop NE from repeated 5-8 minute long sustained drives.
NE has a far superior defense.
Offenses are pretty close.
NE is easily the more physical team.
I respect KC but there's no way in hell they should be favored in this game, even at home.
Their offense is good enough to keep the score close, but Patriots win this game.

Yeah I don't understand what's going on with the kickoffs. Is Gost physically unable to boot it out of the endzone? I don't get it.

There needs to be a balance. Don't be agressive to the point you are making dumb mistakes. Yet don't be scared to take chances.
Cold weather is affecting distance, nothing wrong with Gostkowski.

Patriots are 10-0 when rushing for 100yds.
KC is one of worst run defenses in the NFL .
Patriots will rush for well over 100 yds.
Patriots are the best team in the NFL in 21 personnel. A lot of that is Michel's excellence out of that grouping. He destroys teams from 21.
I believe KC is the worst team in the NFL defending 21 personnel.
I just don't see how KC is going to stop NE from repeated 5-8 minute long sustained drives.
NE has a far superior defense.
Offenses are pretty close.
NE is easily the more physical team.
I respect KC but there's no way in hell they should be favored in this game, even at home.
Their offense is good enough to keep the score close, but Patriots win this game.
Grande!!!

I'm not counting on Mahomes cracking. Haven't seen nothing but cool under pressure from him this season even during their losses but I also think the Pats are ready for this game and looked the best I've seen them last week.
It's not that he will crack but something else comes with being young and talented, ****iness. He makes dumb throws under pressure, but has for the most part been getting away with it. Would love to see a pick 6 off a throw across the field like he does so often.

The ****? The Chiefs are a Man team 42% of the time. By contrast the Chatgers are a zone team 60% of the time. So in other words the Chiefs are a zone team 58% of the time. By contrast the Chargers are a man team 40% of the time.

Is he ****ing drunk or am I missing something?

He is going to throw them a couple, he throws more balls than you think that should be picked of but somehow don't, it will be more of a "can we catch them" scenario. Hell NFLN just had segment with TD showing 4 balls from their last Raiders game that were bad decisions but not only did they not get picked they ended up being completions.

I agree. He does make some bad decisions but he won't crack under pressure because of them.

He could throw an interception in the first series and drive 75 yards for a TD the next. He seems like a levelheaded kid imo.

Anyway, I'm expecting a dogfight tomorrow.

The ****? The Chiefs are a Man team 42% of the time. By contrast the Chatgers are a zone team 60% of the time. So in other words the Chiefs are a zone team 58% of the time. By contrast the Chargers are a man team 40% of the time.

That's funny as hell

I agree. He does make some bad decisions but he won't crack under pressure because of them.

He could throw an interception in the first series and drive 75 yards for a TD the next. He seems like a levelheaded kid imo.

Anyway, I'm expecting a dogfight tomorrow.

I agree with it from that perspective the kid isn't going to quit he will go down guns a blazin. Rivers didn't quit either but many of his teammates did.

I agree with it from that perspective the kid isn't going to quit he will go down guns a blazin. Rivers didn't quit either but many of his teammates did.

Rivers was a psychotic mess by the 3rd quarter. " what are you doing?" " what are we doing??" I don't see Mahomes doing that.

Rivers was a psychotic mess by the 3rd quarter. " what are you doing?" " what are we doing??" I don't see Mahomes doing that.

Right, but he never mailed it in. It's no wonder he has 9 kids. Imagine what its like to be his wife when he wants some and she says no? Her ****y is to him what a tablet is to a crying kid. Probably easier to just lay down then deal with temper tantrums.

Yeah I don't understand what's going on with the kickoffs. Is Gost physically unable to boot it out of the endzone? I don't get it.

There needs to be a balance. Don't be agressive to the point you are making dumb mistakes. Yet don't be scared to take chances.

I think BB outsmarted himself. Ghost can kick it out, his leg is not that weak to short kick it every time forcing returns.

Yeah, looks like we’re are playing against the same type of defense but the chargers actually have a better defense.

I'm procrastinating on doing some "Honey Do" work and I've been looking at some numbers.

I'm coming up with a BS prediction on how many points the Pats will allow.

Chiefs games in which they scored 31 or fewer points. I picked 31 just because I think the Pats need to score more than 31 to win.

Score/Team/Comments/Chief points over opp av allowed

31 SEA- 11th points allowed 22ppg + 9
31 Dolts (@Arrowhead)- 10th in points allowed. allow 22 +9
30 Jags (@Arrowhead) -4th in points allowed, 3rd in Qb %, 5th in comp %. allow 20 +10
30 Bronks -11th in Qb rating, 4th in INTs, 8th sacks, 13th in points. allow 22. +8
28 Chargers -(@Arrowhead) -8th in points, 9th in Qb rating and comp % . allow 21 +7
27 Bronks -(@Arrowhead) -11th in Qb rating, 4th in INTs, 8th sacks, 13th in points allowed. allow 22 +5
27 Ravens -(@Arrowhead)- 2nd points, 2nd qb rating, 1st yards per pass. allow 18 +9
26 Cards -(@Arrowhead) -9th in yards per pass. 4th in passing yards allowed, 5th in sacks. allow 26ppg but offense was #32 score 14ppg. pathetic. D is better than the # +0

Interesting how 6 of the 8 were @ Arrowhead. Home field advantage?

Add 'em all up / 8 and the Chiefs have scored an average of 7.13 points more than their opponent allows vs "good" defenses.

Pats allowed 40 in Oct. We know that.

Final rankings For Pats D: 7th in PA. 20ppg. 2nd in comp % allowed, 5th in yards per att, 3rd in INTs, 7th Qb rating. They have a good pass D. Case closed.

I predict the Pats will allow 27 points to the Chiefs. They are going to make Mahomes dink n dunk and make the kid work for every yard.

I'm procrastinating on doing some "Honey Do" work and I've been looking at some numbers.

I'm coming up with a BS prediction on how many points the Pats will allow.

Chiefs games in which they scored 31 or fewer points. I picked 31 just because I think the Pats need to score more than 31 to win.

Score/Team/Comments/Chief points over opp av allowed

31 SEA- 11th points allowed 22ppg + 9
31 Dolts (@Arrowhead)- 10th in points allowed. allow 22 +9
30 Jags (@Arrowhead) -4th in points allowed, 3rd in Qb %, 5th in comp %. allow 20 +10
30 Bronks -11th in Qb rating, 4th in INTs, 8th sacks, 13th in points. allow 22. +8
28 Chargers -(@Arrowhead) -8th in points, 9th in Qb rating and comp % . allow 21 +7
27 Bronks -(@Arrowhead) -11th in Qb rating, 4th in INTs, 8th sacks, 13th in points allowed. allow 22 +5
27 Ravens -(@Arrowhead)- 2nd points, 2nd qb rating, 1st yards per pass. allow 18 +9
26 Cards -(@Arrowhead) -9th in yards per pass. 4th in passing yards allowed, 5th in sacks. allow 26ppg but offense was #32 score 14ppg. pathetic. D is better than the # +0

Interesting how 6 of the 8 were @ Arrowhead. Home field advantage?

Add 'em all up / 8 and the Chiefs have scored an average of 7.13 points more than their opponent allows vs "good" defenses.

Pats allowed 40 in Oct. We know that.

Final rankings For Pats D: 7th in PA. 20ppg. 2nd in comp % allowed, 5th in yards per att, 3rd in INTs, 7th Qb rating. They have a good pass D. Case closed.

I predict the Pats will allow 27 points to the Chiefs. They are going to make Mahomes dink n dunk and make the kid work for every yard.

Watch this turn into a 12-15 nail biter. Haha

Watch this turn into a 12-15 nail biter. Haha
BS Prediction #2. Patriots offensive score.

Top 9 lowest scoring games Pats were a -2.5 points off their average vs what their opponents normally averaged meaning they scored on average 24ppg (the three 10 pointers killed them)

Ove the year we score 27ppg. Over 17 games (incl LAC) Pats scored +4.17 ppg more than their opponent allows (this includes good Ds like CHI, LAC and even Indy was top 10. At the time Indys D was not playing well. CHI was OK and LAC held KC to 28)

KC allows 26ppg. Thats means we will score 30 on them.

Using my earlier post, we can be kind and call the Chiefs a good defense and say the Pats will score 24 points (based on -2.5 or 3 ) or we can say they suck and we'll score around 30 ppg.

In some additional math, over 17 games, on average the Chiefs score 11 points more than their opponent allows. The Pats allow 20. That means the Chiefs will score 31.

In another model, over 17 games, the Chiefs allow 2.5 points more than their opponents score on average. The Pats average 27. That means the Pats will score 30.

In one more model, over 17 games the Patriots allow opponents 2 points LESS than their regular season average. That means the Patriots will limit KC to 33 points.

However every since Hunt got the boot, they are ONLY scoring 8 more points than their opponent allows.

Using all 17 games w/ Hunt
Chiefs D vs Pats O- 30
Pats D vs Chiefs O- 33

Removing Hunt (Chiefs ave over 6 games) 32ppg
Chiefs O vs Pats D- 30
Chiefs D vs Pats O (same)- 30

Should be interesting.

Still waiting to hear who wasn’t concerned about KC?

Steve Smith was talking about playing in the cold and talked about how in most stadiums the heaters are in the middle of the field while outside the numbers it's cold so it could affect traction? I wonder how the underground heating system is for Arrowhead. It's fairly new, so maybe it's different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes