AFC Championship Game: Jets at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thats LT in a nutshell

If they would have used Shawn Green they probably would have won the game~~~

Rex fat ass still talking, shut up fat ass ringless prick
213rzt2.gif

Revis"take your loss like a man" Fat blowhard crybaby

Trying to force the pass against the Jets defense didn't get us a TD till the end of the 3rd quarter. I'd say Brady was effectively taken out of the game.

Yeah, and when the offense comes out with an empty backfield nearly every play there is no reason to play the run.

Whereas if they used formations like 2TE sets with BJGE/Woodhead running out of the backfield and audibles to play action passes when the defense crowds the line of scrimmage its much harder to defend.

Getting to know how the game turned out, then saying for sure if we did the opposite it would have worked is meaningless, unless you're George Costanza.

You can use your crystal ball and say you would have, without knowing how the game turned out, decided to take the ball out of Brady's hands, even though he had time to throw and gone with a BJ running attack.

Personally I don't believe you.

Of course, since we know Ryan was letting us run, we can see how many game breaking runs our RBS had.

Here's our 7 minute drive in the 4th. BJ ran in series in the third and we stayed behind. If you think replacing Woodhead's runs with 3-5 yard runs from BJ would have made a difference, fine. I don't. That's a lot of clock to run when you're behind.
1st and 10 at NE 18 D.Woodhead left end to NE 22 for 4 yards (B.Pool, D.Harris).
2nd and 6 at NE 22 D.Woodhead left tackle to NE 24 for 2 yards (M.Devito). FUMBLES (M.Devito), recovered by NE-L.Mankins at NE 27.
3rd and 1 at NE 27 T.Brady pass short middle to W.Welker to NE 35 for 8 yards (A.Cromartie).
1st and 10 at NE 35 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to A.Crumpler.
2nd and 10 at NE 35 D.Woodhead left end to NE 39 for 4 yards (B.Pool, J.Taylor).
3rd and 6 at NE 39 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to D.Branch to NE 47 for 8 yards (D.Revis).
1st and 10 at NE 47 B.Green-Ellis left guard to 50 for 3 yards (T.Pryce).
2nd and 7 at 50 D.Woodhead up the middle to NYJ 42 for 8 yards (B.Pool).
1st and 10 at NYJ 42 D.Woodhead right end to NYJ 35 for 7 yards (D.Lowery).
2nd and 8 at NYJ 40 T.Brady pass short left to W.Welker to NYJ 31 for 9 yards (D.Revis).
1st and 10 at NYJ 31 D.Woodhead right guard to NYJ 31 for no gain (S.Ellis).
2nd and 10 at NYJ 31 T.Brady sacked at NYJ 34 for -3 yards (S.Pouha).
3rd and 13 at NYJ 34 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to D.Woodhead. NYJ-D.Revis was injured during the play.
4th and 13 at NYJ 34 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to D.Branch.

Aren't we really just trying to change history?

If BJ had those runs, everybody would have said we should have handed it to Woodhead.

you know, this is sweeter than if the Steelers would have put up 24 more points in the second half. It's got to hurt the Jets and their fans a lot more, and I love it so.:D

I will say that I'm sorry to see Mangold hurt like that. I hope that he is OK. Now if it was Bart Scott, I'd be happy but he's the only one.

Last eight AFC Champions have been won by three teams.

2010: Steelers
2009: Colts
2008: Steelers
2007: Patriots
2006: Colts
2005: Steelers
2004; Patriots
2003: Patriots

Wow, that sums up the AFC this decade.

Re: Thats LT in a nutshell

Did you seriously just make a thread about LT and only write 3 words? Of course this could have easily been included in the Jets Steelers thread.

Stop. Think. Post.
See, even a guy with only 135 posts knows there is no need for a thread with so little substance.

Was there something he did or said that you are reffering to? or is it just the loss?

Who will beat the Jets in the AFC Championship next year?

Mind, you, this is with a defensive back on the line, we get more runs, ranging from -1 to 10 yards. We completed some passes too. Where is the indication that we could score quickly by using BJ more? There is none. At best, long clock killing drives, at worst, they guess right and we have to punt.

1st and 10 at NE 25 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to J.Edelman pushed ob at NE 37 for 12 yards (D.Harris).
1st and 10 at NE 37 B.Green-Ellis left end to NE 45 for 8 yards (S.Ellis).
2nd and 2 at NE 45 D.Woodhead right guard to NE 46 for 1 yard (D.Harris).
3rd and 1 at NE 46 B.Green-Ellis left guard to NE 45 for -1 yards (B.Scott, D.Harris).

1st and 10 at NE 20 B.Green-Ellis left end to NE 22 for 2 yards (D.Lowery).
2nd and 8 at NE 22 (Shotgun) Direct snap to D.Woodhead. J.Edelman left end to NE 33 for 11 yards (J.Taylor, B.Pool). NYJ-J.Taylor was injured during the play.
1st and 10 at NE 33 T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to B.Tate.
2nd and 10 at NE 33 T.Brady sacked at NE 21 for -12 yards (C.Pace). FUMBLES (C.Pace) [C.Pace], recovered by NE-B.Green-Ellis at NE 21.
3rd and 22 at NE 21 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to A.Hernandez to NE 25 for 4 yards (D.Revis, J.Westerman) [D.Harris]. ________________________

1st and 10 at NE 20 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass deep left to R.Gronkowski to NYJ 43 for 37 yards (D.Lowery, B.Pool).
1st and 10 at NYJ 43 (No Huddle) D.Woodhead left end to NYJ 42 for 1 yard (S.Ellis).
2nd and 9 at NYJ 42 T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to D.Woodhead.
3rd and 9 at NYJ 42 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to D.Branch to NYJ 30 for 12 yards (J.Taylor).
1st and 10 at NYJ 30 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to D.Branch to NYJ 14 for 16 yards (D.Revis).

1st and 15 at NYJ 19 B.Green-Ellis right end to NYJ 9 for 10 yards (D.Lowery).
2nd and 5 at NYJ 9 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to W.Welker to NYJ 2 for 7 yards (E.Smith).
1st and 2 at NYJ 2 (Shotgun) D.Connolly reported in as eligible. T.Brady pass short middle to A.Crumpler for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. NE 12-Brady 17th consecutive postseason game with a TD pass, 2nd longest streak all-time (Favre 20). NE 12-Brady 29th career postseason TD pass, ties Peyton Manning for 6th all-time. 14 9
TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. S.Morris rushes up the middle. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS. Brady in shotgun, direct snap to Morris.

The Jets are now becoming the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL. Sanchez does look a little like McNabb out there.

you know, this is sweeter than if the Steelers would have put up 24 more points in the second half. It's got to hurt the Jets and their fans a lot more, and I love it so..

It does work that way. :)
Jet Highlight reel:
booger sanchez,
rex slamming the headset.

Attachments

• Booger Sanchez.jpg
    Booger Sanchez.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 210
Dennis Byrd shoulda saved the speech for this game :singing:

Man, I'm beginning to realize that I hate the Jets almost as much as I like the Pats. It can't be healthy, but I'm just pumped right now. This has made my week.

The Jets are now becoming the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL.

Ummm...
Aren't the Eagles the Eagles of the NFL?

Maybe you meant the Jets are the Eagles of the AFC.

Last edited:
Who will beat the Jets in the AFC Championship next year?

Disco, I know it's two weeks away but we'll have nothing to talk about until then.

Make one of your official looking Pre-gameday Threads for the Superbowl. Where it shows the point spread, over under, date, location, team, etc. They look epic.

And you thought WE had it bad...

Here's another reason why to keep your head up after this Pats season...things could always be worse...like this poor guy who just posted over at the Jets Forum:

""I don't know, I know the general feeling here is either A. Passionate fury or B. Resigned dissapointment.

I feel numb.

The first thing I said after it was decided was "I just don't think it's ever going to happen".

I'm in my mid 30's. My beloved teams last title shot, was half a decade plus before I was born.

I know, as fans we really don't have alot to complain about the past 14 years, we're an upper tier team, 2nd tier right below the real greats of this era.

But at moments like this, it just feels so futile. That no matter how close we get, we're not going to get it, it will slip away from us.

The past two years were great, really. But the team will probably be worse next year due to all the free agents and potential losses. Thats the NFL. And we lack enough picks or cap space to replace them all, not even close.

It feels like this was out shot, and we missed it. Again. **** teh bed the first half as bad as I've ever seen a Championship Game team **** the bed. Kudos for trying hard anyway in the second, but....

but.....

but.....

Thats all we have really, excuses and buts.

Football is not Faith, it's not a religion, although at times, for some of us, it certainly seems like it is.

And I freely admit, I'm wondering if I will live to see the Jets not just in the Super Bowl, but WIN one.

Feel free to call me a bad fan. Right now, after 30+ years of loyalty, I'm truly having a crisis of faith over this franchise.

It's just never going to happen, at least thats how it feels.""

Like I said...at least we've won a few of our own recently :)

Man, I'm beginning to realize that I hate the Jets almost as much as I like the Pats. It can't be healthy, but I'm just pumped right now. This has made my week.

Schadenfreude is a giddy high, ain't it?

I'm lovin' reading the Post and Daily News.

Re: And you thought WE had it bad...

This makes me smile. This man's pain, rendering him an empty shell of a fan, feeds my love for the Pats.

I still remember watching every one of those three SBs fresh in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News