PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game: Jets at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to bash BJGE forever because he outplayed your binky. You're easy to see through.

Actually, I've rarely talked about BJGE this year, and I'm not going to make this a BJGE thread. Then again, you're just trolling, anyway.

Last edited:
If the Jets lose I can almost see Rex throwing the whole team under the bus in a big way.

seasons over no more psychological doggy patting

Last edited:
If you have a foot in the door feel free to post some of the fan melt down. :D
They are overly optimistic to my surprise, they think Ryan can come up with something to turn the game around.

I was not arguing for BJGE over Mendenhall, merely pointing out (like others have done more effectively on these threads) that the Patriots did not try establish a physical presence by making the running game a bigger focal point.

FWIW, I think your reasoning is spurious. To say the the Patriots could not sustain success on the ground based on a perceived lack of talent in the backfield and at the receiver position is a bit of a reach IMO.

I changed that to a balanced attack on the first two drives, which is how BJ gets his yards. The jets were willing to gamble that we didn't have athletes at wr or running back that could gouge them like Mendenhall (not exactly OJ Simpson:rolleyes:) is doing.

If you truly believe that BJ could gouge them by devastating outside runs, or 20-30 yard open field, tackle breaking runs based on athleticism, that's your belief. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

Ryan didn't believe that and no one on the Patriots did, I'm guessing. They believed they needed to get the passing game untracked to go back to their balanced offense.

The Steelers didn't have a balanced offense the first half, Rapeburger was stuffed and Mendenhall carried the team on his back with individual athletic effort. That's what would have foiled the jets, and if you believe BJ is that type of athlete, we disagree.

Its even more baffling as to why the pats could not come up with and execute a game plan to beat these jets at home with the active roster that they had.

Dude, my advise is to forget the past, we were humiliated by the Seahawks.

Just enjoy the beat down:)

Its even more baffling as to why the pats could not come up with and execute a game plan to beat these jets at home with the active roster that they had.

Baffling? Maybe if the pats had a top or top 15 defense and not turn into phoenix suns of the nfl maybe just maybe they would have won.

I feel like the only that puts the blame on a loose defense that none feared.

Ahhhhhhhh. The Universe has been restored. Now, if Rapelisberger would just break his leg, ala Joe Theisman...I'd sleep like a baby tonight. :p

Go Green Bay!

Holmes is the guy on the Jets who scares me most rest of the game. Hate to say it.

Jets score 7 on this drive. 24-10.

The legend of Mark Sanchez grows.

Last edited:

No breakaway WRs
No breakaway RBs
QB having a lousy game
WRs dropping passes
Defense unable to pressure a jittery QB
ST screw up
Coaching mistakes

That's a pretty good recipe for suffering an upset loss at home.

Sucks to see Greene hurt. LT needs his spot on the bench for another AFCC loss

You think the Packers aren't going to throw on the Steelers?

Packers might blow them out.

Holmes is the guy on the Jets who scares me most rest of the game. Hate to say it.

And there's the touchdown. Jets/Sanchez THRIVE on these broken plays.

A failure on coaching staff as well as players. They were not ready. Brady was mediocre. As much as I respected BB, nobody is infallible all the time. The in-game adjustment was crap.

Anyone know the 8000# for suicide hotline?

Can the Jest have an epic comeback. :bricks:

BTW, anyone know if Pouncey is done for the season? BJ Raji on the backup center will be a nightmare for the Steelers.

now Pitt should score right back and put this game away.

LMFAO. why the **** could we not do this to do the jests last weekend? **** MAN.

Big ben is gonna get his 3rd ring, the packers defense looked shaky against A 3RD STRING scrub.

not good imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes