PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more footage of the meeting between AB and the GM
tumblr_lu6akskDE01qba5tfo1_400.gif

I actually found myself liking and rooting for AB while watching hard knocks... He came off as a likeable, good natured, chill "real" person.

It seems that persona is just for the cameras. Too bad, this guy has the talent to do anything and his career will always be lesser than it should have, simply because he's an egotistical headcase.

Did you really think it wasn't just for the cameras? It was like less than a minute into his screen time on episode 1 when he said something along the lines of "I'm a very humble person". From there it became extremely transparent what he was trying to do with the show.

I don't see how this can be seen as anything other than the degeneration of AB's mental health.
Over the past couple of years, its been a rather ugly slide downward for him and I can only hope that the Raiders and even the league will step in and help this guy.
When it first started I thought it was hilarious. Now it's just sad and with a high probability of something seriously tragic occurring sooner rather than later.

My guess is he is a diva who has been spoiled all his life and played on a good football team. He went to Oakland, who didn't let him behave anyway he wants to, and they suck. He isn't happy and doesn't want to be there, so he acts like a child. It may be a mental/concussion issue, but I wouldn't blame every petulant stars bad behavior on concussions.

I don't think Belichick would take a chance on someone as subversive as Brown.

Chiefs love to pay scumbag players. I'd bet he goes there if released.

Meanwhile, "The Team that Doesn't Know How to Draft WRs" is focused on making this the most productive Thursday possible.

Oh no! Our strategy against the Steelers has been let out of the bag! Multiple, random drop kicks! Coming at you from all angles, from any position! (That's not against the rules, is it?)

There is no way in hell BB takes him on his current deal nor could they afford him.

That thing will be rewritten down to the period and comma.

Nor should he

$2 million base salary, non-guaranteed
No signing bonus
$250,000 per game bonus
$1 million bonus for 90+ catches
$1 million bonus for 1200+ yards
$1 million first team all pro
$2 million Super Bowl MVP

No way. AB doesn’t deserve to be a Patriot.

Well, the Pats would be amiss to not at least kick the tires on AB if he's released.

The man is still one of the top 5 WR's in this league....if he wasn't any good...he would have been out of the league YEARS ago. Notice that the Raiders haven't suspended him officially yet?

On Sundays, Superstars play...period full stop.

1. I think the thing that is being lost in this circus is that it goes FAR beyond a simple screaming match between a player and a GM. The screaming match was a climax to a LONG series of events when AB simply acted like HE was running the show. It’s not about the helmet story either, its about CONTINUALLY missing meetings and practices on NUMEROUS occasions.

Easy to focus on the one altercation, and say they can fix it. But how can you fix something with a player who has decided he doesn’t want to be part of a team, and just play for it…..when he feels like it. Suspend him, get every last dollar you paid him, and move on.

Great talent, great player, very sad story

On the other hand, after AB washes out and limps out of Oakland with his reputation in shatters, and nothing in his pocket; that would lead us to only one conclusion. Where to players go to rebuild their reputations and earning power in the NFL. He flees to NE where he plays for $1MM and incentives that could get him to $6MM. All incentives are for games played and team success. If the team does well and he shows up and plays he gets the money if he doesn't make a catch all year (learning tool)

2. With AB's help, the Pats win another superbowl. In the spring, AB signs a 3 year deal with the Pats that could average 14MM/yr A small signing bonus, little guaranteed money. Full of TEAM incentives.
In August it comes to light that AB has missed several meeting and is complaining about his contract all the time. After a meeting with Bill, Brown is released with no other comment except for one that ends, "we always do what is best for the team" And the AB era in NE is over.

Well, the Pats would be amiss to not at least kick the tires on AB if he's released.

The man is still one of the top 5 WR's in this league....if he wasn't any good...he would have been out of the league YEARS ago. Notice that the Raiders haven't suspended him officially yet?

On Sundays, Superstars play...period full stop.

Yeah, we've seen enough, both with this league and with this team, that any fan who's firing off an "absolutely not" sort of take at this stage is being a fool.

If Chad Johnson wasn't smart enough to pick up the Patriots offense, how in the world does anyone think that Brown could do it????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back