PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you cannot tell me that Burfict didn’t scramble his brains in 2016. He was barely able to string together a coherent sentence in “Hard Knocks” and he came across as an extremely weird individual. No way he DOESN’T have CTE.
I'd suggest testing for CTE but it probably would be kinda messy for AB.

He's become power hungry because the raiders gave him all of that money and he thinks he can do whatever he wants. I mean the raiders cant cut him because of the price tag and all of the picks they gave up. This is what happens when you have a "me" player

No it's what happens when you have John Gruden running the show for a team owned by Al Davis' incompetent son who is moving it to Vegas. I'm half expecting them to sign Johnny Manziel any minute now .......

Let's face it, their sole business model is to sell merchandise. They aren't a real football team.

Knock wood!!!!!

He's become power hungry because the raiders gave him all of that money and he thinks he can do whatever he wants. I mean the raiders cant cut him because of the price tag and all of the picks they gave up. This is what happens when you have a "me" player

The picks are already gone. They wouldn't keep Brown on the team because of them - and besides they only gave up a third and fifth. The money, however, is a different matter and it seems like if the relationship between Brown and Oakland is severed they're going to try very hard to get that money back.

Exactly what I'm wondering. Did the Squealers create this monster?

This was indeed my second thought on hearing this news. Tomlin has admitted privately that they swept lots of AB stuff under the rug (reported by Colin Cowherd as told to him by a former player currently at ESPN). Ultimately ignoring or excusing the diva behavior just makes it worse. I think this has been part of the problem at Pittsburgh; despite the talent they are generally viewed as having underachieved - and they allow the divas to run the organization. Now they're down to only one diva who is apparently putting his diva"ness" behind him. We'll see.

I thought Beckham was the ultimate me guy. But it might actually be Brown

ODB is more of an eccentric version of a conventional diva WR. Just annoying basically.

AB went from that to out-of-control dumpster fire in one offseason.

The picks are already gone. They wouldn't keep Brown on the team because of them - and besides they only gave up a third and fifth. The money, however, is a different matter and it seems like if the relationship between Brown and Oakland is severed they're going to try very hard to get that money back.
Not to mention Clowntonio is embarrassing himself in front of the entire league and the entire world.

Unpopular opinion: I'd rather have a hard working, grateful-for-the-opportunity player like Meyers or Olszewski over a talented jackhole diva like Brown.

If BB could make him behave, our offense would be unstoppable. AB gets the ring and all his past shenanigans will be quickly forgotten.

Randy Moss type deal coming up?

LOVE watching a train wreck, BUT Im actually concerned AB isnt right in the head, whether brain damaged by CTE or whatever. Hope they suspend him and he gets the help he needs. Seems like a really loose wire that is heading for disaster.

ProFootballTalk

✔@ProFootballTalk

It's entirely possible that Jon Gruden may have to choose between Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock.
1:14 PM - Sep 5, 2019

Gruden: "d%#*!@t, Mike, oh man I'm sorry big guy, but you just don't have the same q-rating Antonio has. .......gonna have to let ya go."..

So is the Suspension a certain amount of games or until further notice??

It seems from afar that this is a young man who is simply terrified of playing football at this point.

I used to do this on gym days when they dropped those ropes from the ceiling and told us all to climb to the top. "Mom, I think I'm coming down with a cold!"

First the feet freezing, then the helmet crisis, now this. Soon we'll get Juan Epstein's mother writing a note.........

Why do I think we'll see Alan Dershowitz involved before this is over?

I have to think the Steelers are better without this ***clown.

So is the Suspension a certain amount of games or until further notice??

BTW, PF2, God Bless players like Phil Dorsett!!!!!!

I have to think the Steelers are better without this ***clown.

Any team would be. Which is why I just want a one week rental of him to soil Tomlin's pants.

The comedy writers on this show are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Vic Tafur

✔@VicTafur

One of the players holding Antonio Brown back from the near-altercation with GM Mike Mayock was ... Vontaze Burfict.

1:36 PM - Sep 5, 2019

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back