PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that Randy Moss is the greatest ever at the position and Antonio Brown isn't. Also, Moss isn't an insane moron.
Moss wasn't the greatest WR ever but I wouldn't argue with anyone who called him #2. The one thing I will say in Moss' defense is that, at the time the Pats got him, most of his problems were off-field issues. I seem to remember a run in (literally speaking) with a traffic cop or something like that. He left a game early once but that's not the end of the world.

AB, OTOH, is creating tons of on-field problems. He is disrupting camp and his participation therein. I would consider that the biggest issue of all.

Florio has speculated that a week 1 suspension could void his guarantees, meaning the Raiders are only out 1 million plus the draft picks if they cut him, at which time anyone could pick him up and strike a new deal. However, I don't want him in NE.

A suspension of Antonio Brown would wipe out $29.125 million in guarantees

Might as well trade him for a 7th cause you take that kind of money away from someone, they will never suite up for you again. And rightfully so

BB would take AB in a heartbeat let’s be real

On the other hand, after AB washes out and limps out of Oakland with his reputation in shatters, and nothing in his pocket; that would lead us to only one conclusion. Where to players go to rebuild their reputations and earning power in the NFL. He flees to NE where he plays for $1MM and incentives that could get him to $6MM. All incentives are for games played and team success. If the team does well and he shows up and plays he gets the money if he doesn't make a catch all year (learning tool)

With AB's help, the Pats win another superbowl. In the spring, AB signs a 3 year deal with the Pats that could average 14MM/yr A small signing bonus, little guaranteed money. Full of TEAM incentives.

In August it comes to light that AB has missed several meeting and is complaining about his contract all the time. After a meeting with Bill, Brown is released with no other comment except for one that ends, "we always do what is best for the team" And the AB era in NE is over.

80k_1X5LKreMdcGnYjx_8pIg2IY=.gif

BB would take AB in a heartbeat let’s be real

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take him long to give the ok.

"I can have Gunner, or I can have the best WR in the game on a full incentive deal...."

If Chad Johnson wasn't smart enough to pick up the Patriots offense, how in the world does anyone think that Brown could do it????

Josh Gordon did in something like 2 days.........

I think poster Ellicott Raven at PFT just set a record for most thumbs down received.
His post started with- Get rid of Mayock whose not qualified to be a GM.
So far 1725 readers have given him a thumbs down to 120 who agree with him.

Last edited:
  1. I think the thing that is being lost in this circus is that it goes FAR beyond a simple screaming match between a player and a GM. The screaming match was a climax to a LONG series of events when AB simply acted like HE was running the show. It’s not about the helmet story either, its about CONTINUALLY missing meetings and practices on NUMEROUS occasions.

Easy to focus on the one altercation, and say they can fix it. But how can you fix something with a player who has decided he doesn’t want to be part of a team, and just play for it…..when he feels like it. Suspend him, get every last dollar you paid him, and move on.

Great talent, great player, very sad story

On the other hand, after AB washes out and limps out of Oakland with his reputation in shatters, and nothing in his pocket; that would lead us to only one conclusion. Where to players go to rebuild their reputations and earning power in the NFL. He flees to NE where he plays for $1MM and incentives that could get him to $6MM. All incentives are for games played and team success. If the team does well and he shows up and plays he gets the money if he doesn't make a catch all year (learning tool)

2. With AB's help, the Pats win another superbowl. In the spring, AB signs a 3 year deal with the Pats that could average 14MM/yr A small signing bonus, little guaranteed money. Full of TEAM incentives.
In August it comes to light that AB has missed several meeting and is complaining about his contract all the time. After a meeting with Bill, Brown is released with no other comment except for one that ends, "we always do what is best for the team" And the AB era in NE is over.

Exactly, HBO had to put up a TV-MA advisory before each episode of Hard Knocks this season because of Gruden's hardcore fellating of AB every Tuesday. His new nickname is now "Kneepads".

Last edited:

The fool Tomlin enabled and groomed. Chickens have come home to roost in Raiders house but I believe the Steelers also paid a hefty price. Failure in man management.
I am sure at the Steelers, they will say they will fine him but call him on the side and just shake his hand instead of dishing out an appropriate punishment.

Last edited:
The fool Tomlin enabled and groomed. Chickens have come home to roost in Raider but I believe the Steelers also paid a hefty price. Failure in man management.
I am sure at the Steelers, they will say they will fine him but call him on the side and just shake his hand instead of dishing out an appropriate punishment.

Yup. The only difference is that Mayock said "no".

Tomlin kept it under the radar by paying every ransom AB would dictate. Pretty much explains why that unbelievably talented team couldn't punch an AFC Championship in 9 years despite all their advantages.

If Chad Johnson wasn't smart enough to pick up the Patriots offense, how in the world does anyone think that Brown could do it????

Ok so just to be clear - to me this reads that if he was available as a free agent, that they had traced his behavior back to a peanut butter allergy, and he was willing to sign to play for the Patriots at a league minimum you still wouldn't want us to sign Antonio Brown because you think he is somehow comparable in football acumen to Chad Johnson - correct?

I hope they find the legal grounds to cut this fool and not pay him anymore of what they already have. This is disgusting behavior. Even if he is not working with a full deck of cards in his head, he should know that something like this is unacceptable. If he does not know, he needs to learn it now. Cut his ass now. From what I am hearing about his off field activities, he will soon be committed into a mental facility.

Josh Gordon did in something like 2 days.........

You can tell by listening to his interviews, Gordon is far from a dummy. He just has an illness, and I'm hoping he stays healthy. I remember when he was in Cleveland, every time he got suspended, I thought, "what a moron, throwing away millions of dollars." I didn't know the seriousness of his drug problems until I saw a video on YouTube called "Ready for his comeback." Really was an eye opener. That being said, like I mentioned, Gordon is pretty intelligent. Some guys pick up this offense really easily.

He's now following the Houston Texans. Apparently he is a 13 year old girl.

Now you’ve done it. 80% of the posters here are now nervous bc he started following the Texans and not the Patriots.

Why hasn’t he started following the Patriots yet? What do the Texans have that we don’t have? Do I look fat in these jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes