PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers to retire next week? UPDATE: Not Retiring

There must be something about New York teams ending in "ets" that makes them a goldmine for hilarious tragedy.
The Bobby Bonilla contract isn't the foolhardy move some think it is. Their problem wasn't Bonilla, it was Madoff.

Dudes a tool. The irony of this situation is flat out hilarious. Some things come full circle. But I thought his only issue was with McCarthy

His original issue was indeed with McCarthy...but then the new GM Goodkunt had to up and go draft his backup/possible replacement, with their very first pick (26th overall) last year...Now Goodkunt's on Erin's Naughty List also...

Putting him on the Rams would have made things interesting, and a lot of the pundits think he'd put the Broncos in position to beat the Chiefs.

Me, I'll stick with the Rams option. That would have made for a very strong challenger to the Chiefs/Bucs, IMO.
Rams would be interesting but there is no way the Packers trade him in the NFC.

I don't see the Broncos as better than the Chiefs with Rodgers and that is not because they are not talented enough as a team but because of Rodgers mental make up. The guy is absolutely insane. He could meet Fangio the first day and decide he is a tool in his own mind and tank the season like he did with McCarthy or think the OC is an even bigger tool and decide to call his own plays in the huddle. That has always been his biggest issue - between the ears. His talent is other worldly but the ten cent head is what has him on the brink of retirement after being league MVP.

"There is only one place I would consider playing," Rodgers said, "And I think you know where I mean. It's a management group that has shown over and over again that sure they are thrifty but they are thrifty to win championships. I think you know I mean the New England Patriots. If I had been with that coach and that management I'd have a dozen rings by now," he added. "I'd play there for league minimum."

Rodgers raised some eyebrows with what he later played off as "just having fun. Maybe."

Admit it, you looked :D

Rams would be interesting but there is no way the Packers trade him in the NFC.

I don't see the Broncos as better than the Chiefs with Rodgers and that is not because they are not talented enough as a team but because of Rodgers mental make up. The guy is absolutely insane. He could meet Fangio the first day and decide he is a tool in his own mind and tank the season like he did with McCarthy or think the OC is an even bigger tool and decide to call his own plays in the huddle. That has always been his biggest issue - between the ears. His talent is other worldly but the ten cent head is what has him on the brink of retirement after being league MVP.

I’d love to see a division with Mahomes, Rodgers, Carr, Herbert.

Then Tommy ran back Bobby Kraft to hand him three more trophies.

Triumphy went and bought three more banners for his man cave.
Rodgers brought the Packers to consecutive NFC Championships.

Brady and Cam Newton had much better defenses than what Green Bay had. Most NFL teams take a QB in the 1st round when they have nobody or the current guy misses the playoffs. See the Pats, Jets, Jags and 49ers. Rodgers has his faults, but Mahomes has talent surrounding him on both sides of the line. Farve had talented players too. They dont win alone though people give the QB all the credit.

This thread is basically about Rodgers leaving because he wants more talent. Brady left for the exact same reason. Brady told Romo that he needed help in lieu of the cast of bums BB had in 2018 and 2020.

This thread is basically about Rodgers leaving because he wants more talent. Brady left for the exact same reason. Brady told Romo that he needed help in lieu of the cast of bums BB had in 2018 and 2020.
Rodgers is retiring because his feels were hurt when they drafted Love. Unlike Brady who outplayed Jimmy's window, Rodgers is coming off an MVP season (he has loads of talent surrounding him on O) does not believe he should have to compete for his job like everyone else in the league.

Brady waited to be a free agent before he left, he didn't shoot his way out of the building.

Belichick didn't burn a 1st round pick on a quarterback after Brady had one of his MVP seasons either.

And in fairness to Belichick, 42 isn't 37. Belichick wondering if even Brady was worth a long term commitment at 43+ wasn't just a complete crazy town take on things.

The Packers GM isn't Belichick, it's just some jagoff. Having Brady leave and Belichick stay isn't like running Aaron Rodgers out on a rail so you can continue the *checks notes* Gutekunst regime.

For as much Bill vs Tom rancor as there can be here, both sides in the Rodgers-Packers drama are just so much dumber than the Patriots were.

Brady waited to be a free agent before he left, he didn't shoot his way out of the building.

Belichick didn't burn a 1st round pick on a quarterback after Brady had one of his MVP seasons either.

And in fairness to Belichick, 42 isn't 37. Belichick wondering if even Brady was worth a long term commitment at 43+ wasn't just a complete crazy town take on things.

The Packers GM isn't Belichick, it's just some jagoff. Having Brady leave and Belichick stay isn't like running Aaron Rodgers out on a rail so you can continue the *checks notes* Gutekunst regime.

For as much Bill vs Tom rancor as there can be here, both sides in the Rodgers-Packers drama are just so much dumber than the Patriots were.
How is drafting Love near the end of the first round running Rodgers out of town? Brady was 37 when Bill took Jimmy. Even though Jimmy was second round it was the highest pick Bill had ever used on a QB prior to Jones this year. Brady went out and won that Super Bowl the year Jimmy was drafted. Rodgers had an MVP season. It literally makes no sense why he is crying so much now and on the brink of retirement.

How is drafting Love near the end of the first round running Rodgers out of town? Brady was 37 when Bill took Jimmy. Even though Jimmy was second round it was the highest pick Bill had ever used on a QB prior to Jones this year. Brady went out and won that Super Bowl the year Jimmy was drafted. Rodgers had an MVP season. It literally makes no sense why he is crying so much now and on the brink of retirement.
That's clearly not the only thing pissing Rodgers off, but it didn't help.

Rodgers is also a huge binch, hence my reference to him shooting his way out of town, which Brady didn't do at all.

He's also not on Brady's level and is delusional to think he's being held back from Brady's ring count by the mean Packer's GM, but that goes without saying.

That's clearly not the only thing pissing Rodgers off, but it didn't help.

Rodgers is also a huge binch, hence my reference to him shooting his way out of town, which Brady didn't do at all.

He's also not on Brady's level and is delusional to think he's being held back from Brady's ring count by the mean Packer's GM, but that goes without saying.
Have you been reading the GB boards? They absolutely hate the guy (not that I blame them). Here are some goodies:

Vincenzo
Or perhaps Aaron Rodgers is a piece of ****. Consider this written by Paul Noonan of Acme Packing Company;

“we know he craves attention and derives pleasure from annoying people because of what he doesn’t say. Rodgers could put all of this ambiguity about his future to rest with a few sentences. They don’t even have to be definitive sentences. “Yes, I’m playing with the Packers this year, and then we’ll take a look at my contract, and discuss the future.” That would be a totally fine thing to say. “I want to be traded, I’m not happy, and I’m not showing up.” Also, a fine thing to say, though obviously more controversial. Rodgers isn’t subject to some kind of “football player confidentiality.” He can put this to bed whenever he wants.”

Tony Oday
I'm done with AR and DA, **** them both.

Zool
Getting close to done with the NFL. The drama, the lack of accountability for being ****ty people if they are good players (I’m looking at you Rapistburger). Rodgers has gone full Favre. Not sure I have the stomach to listen to all this ******** again.

Also **** him for taking some of the spotlight off the Bucks.

King Friday
If Rodgers doesn't show up day one, the Packers leadership should basically call him out on this. If he is going to be a leader on this team, communication is important. To this point, he hasn't acted like a leader. He can throw shade all he wants at the Packers FO, but his tacit alignment with Michael Jordan conveniently ignores that Rodgers ain't a winner like that. Try matching Favre's appearances in a super bowl first, pal.

Have you been reading the GB boards? They absolutely hate the guy (not that I blame them). Here are some goodies:

Vincenzo
Or perhaps Aaron Rodgers is a piece of ****. Consider this written by Paul Noonan of Acme Packing Company;

“we know he craves attention and derives pleasure from annoying people because of what he doesn’t say. Rodgers could put all of this ambiguity about his future to rest with a few sentences. They don’t even have to be definitive sentences. “Yes, I’m playing with the Packers this year, and then we’ll take a look at my contract, and discuss the future.” That would be a totally fine thing to say. “I want to be traded, I’m not happy, and I’m not showing up.” Also, a fine thing to say, though obviously more controversial. Rodgers isn’t subject to some kind of “football player confidentiality.” He can put this to bed whenever he wants.”

Tony Oday

Zool
Getting close to done with the NFL. The drama, the lack of accountability for being ****ty people if they are good players (I’m looking at you Rapistburger). Rodgers has gone full Favre. Not sure I have the stomach to listen to all this ******** again.

King Friday
If Rodgers doesn't show up day one, the Packers leadership should basically call him out on this. If he is going to be a leader on this team, communication is important. To this point, he hasn't acted like a leader. He can throw shade all he wants at the Packers FO, but his tacit alignment with Michael Jordan conveniently ignores that Rodgers ain't a winner like that. Try matching Favre's appearances in a super bowl first, pal.

Good to see other fanbases also recognize Rapistberger for what he is.

Vincenzo

Tony Oday

Zool

King Friday

Packers fans seem to be done with him and I don't blame them. For all his talent he has brought them one ring and a bunch of choke jobs and now he wants to string the team along and make vague veiled comments to the media and on social media. He may not be a terrible teammate but he definitely isn't universally beloved by current and former teammates the way Brady and Mahomes seem to be and letting this drag into camp will probably annoy a few of them.

How is drafting Love near the end of the first round running Rodgers out of town?
IMHO Rodgers never felt his position as starter was at risk, rather he was angry that the Packers never drafted a skill player in the 1st round since he got there. The first time they did was to take a QB, who (theoretically) should not be contributing until Rodgers was gone.

IMHO Rodgers never felt his position as starter was at risk, rather he was angry that the Packers never drafted a skill player in the 1st round since he got there. The first time they did was to take a QB, who (theoretically) should not be contributing until Rodgers was gone.
They had the number one offense last year, he was league MVP. Whatever the FO has done in the draft or otherwise has been pure gold from an offensive standpoint.

Drafting the next QB when your current starter is 37 is good business.

Just curious if PaCkErS mAnAgEmEnT SuCkS people ever consider that:

Aaron Rodgers (40M)
David Bakhtiari (22M)
Davante Adams (15M)

Account for approximately 43% of the cap.

They had the number one offense last year, he was league MVP. Whatever the FO has done in the draft or otherwise has been pure gold from an offensive standpoint.

Drafting the next QB when your current starter is 37 is good business.
I believe it was more about the lack of respect with communicating decisions that pissed off Rogers.

The Packers never told him they might take a QB with their 1st pick. Rogers was on the Pat McAfee show that night talking about how much he wanted a Wr in the first Rd.

The Packers embarrassed him by not giving him a heads up.

In a historically good Wr draft, they should have told him they had no plans on taking one because they felt the roster was good enough.

I believe it was more about the lack of respect with communicating decisions that pissed off Rogers.

The Packers never told him they might take a QB with their 1st pick. Rogers was on the Pat McAfee show that night talking about how much he wanted a Wr in the first Rd.

The Packers embarrassed him by not giving him a heads up.

In a historically good Wr draft, they should have told him they had no plans on taking one because they felt the roster was good enough.
Given he threw 48TDs last year the Packers would appear to have been correct.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back