PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the what was that talk about sucking ****? sounds angry......at a minimum, highly annoyed

except if you actually do that sort of thing which would still point the finger at not doing it because you're angry
I think you’re mistaking me for your kids on that one.

Than k you for clarifying your understanding.

You won't understand it when Kraft is in the HOF.

I can name many of the other 31 as equivalently good owners because there is literally nothing Kraft has done to distinguish himself from them. And things from about 20-25 years ago are not getting a pass for why he is "great" in 2019.

What makes him a great owner relative to Schneider (rip), Ford, Wilf, Biscotti, Khan or the Rooneys ?

All of them are not trigger happy with personnel, let their coaches and GMs work and do the same amount of community outreach. What exactly has Kraft done in the last 15 years that puts him above them ? What makes him "great" ?

My point is not he is a bad owner, but that he is more or less the same kind of owner as most of the good ones.

It becomes important when this many people are thanking the owner for how good the run has been. That’s exceptionally weird. You’re basically thanking the guy for not micromanaging. Any good manager worth a damn is not a micromanager. That’s just doing your job. Furthermore, Bob is not designing the game plans, he’s not making the plays on the field, he’s not dealing with personnel (the situation with Brown aside), and he’s not pouring over game film. So what exactly are we thanking him for and why, exactly, are we attributing this to him? His job is literally to stay out of the way. By definition, there are two guys who are infinitely more responsible for the success of this franchise since 2000 and there are tons of players that we should be thanking before the guy that drunkenly slurs “we are all Paschzzriots” when the other peoples’ hard work leads to another title.

What are we thanking him for????????

For those who live in New England:

1) saving the team at the last minute from moving to St Louis
2) bulldozing the high school stadium that had been tolerated for 30 years
3) building WITH HIS OWN MONEY a top-flight stadium with great sightlines
4) not weighing the fandom with PSLs
5) creating the Patriots Hall of Fame and bringing a sense of community for all the former Patriots greats and the fans. Patriots fans actually have a tangible place with Patriots history that is cutting edge and ever changing. There was NOTHING under previous ownerships.

Then, in general:

6) creating one of the first NFL team websites and in-house tv production departments (yes, I know it's a fashionable joke this week, but for over 2 decades, Patriots fans have had some of the best team content available - - hell the even (for the first and only time ever) created a team tv/website content channel for the entire run-up week of SB call the Not Done Yet Network.
7) the one and only NFL team with not only their OWN airplane - - but two - - which got use for the game a couple of weeks ago when they had to segregate the sick.
8) Going out and getting Belichick when he was NOT anyone else's first choice whatsoever (except Crazy Al Davis)
9) Stupidly giving up a FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE for the "duplicitous pond scum".
10) Somehow keeping that genius HC happy and in one place for 20 years - - not an easy task when that HC can name his own salary with 31 other teams that would back a Brinks truck up to his door if he ever cared to give the word.
11) creating the best workout/cafeteria/food services for the platyers and personnel in the NFL. Think that's a joke??? Corey Dillon waxed poetic when he got here about having Alaskan Snow crab in the workout cafeteria - - he said being a Patriot with the food/nutritionists/workout facilities etc. was like dying and going to heaven after his 8 years in Cincinnati.

That's just off the top of my head in the moment. I'm sure I could give you another 20 if I cared to go on. I get it. You are a Floridian and just watch them on TV. But in New England this owner has been transformative for the community and the team.

Perhaps you think the Jets, Redskins or Bengals suck only because of poor play on the field or lousy coaching. I have news for ya, kid. It all starts at the top. Creating and maintaining an environment of excellence is what brings top talent to a franchise. Woody Johnson, the Brown family, the Haslam Clown, Dan Snyder, etc. have taken franchises into the toilet. Grow up and understand this is a business and that directly affects performance on the field.

10 SB trips in 25 years just doesn't happen on the field - - -it takes an environment.

NOW - I answered YOUR question in depth.

Answer mine: name ONE other NFL owner who has done a better job in his position than Robert Kraft over the past 25 years. No one has yet answered that, except the crickets chirping.

Last edited:
For those who live in New England?

5) creating the Patriots Hall of Fame and bringing a sense of community for all the former Patriots greats and the fans. Patriots fans actually have a tangible place with Patriots history that is cutting edge and ever changing. There was NOTHING under previous ownerships.

then in general:

6) creating one of the first NFL team websites and in-house tv production departments (yes, I know it's a fashionable joke this week, but for over 2 decades, Patriots fans have had some of the best team content available - - hell the even (for the first and only time ever) created a team tv/website content channel for the entire run-up week of SB call the Not Done Yet Network.
7) the one and only NFL team with not only their OWN airplane - - but two - - which got use for the game a couple of weeks ago when they had to segregate the sick.
8) Going out and getting Belichick when he was NOT anyone else's first choice whatsoever (except Crazy Al Davis)
9) Stupidly giving up a FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE for the "duplicitous pond scum".
10) Somehow keeping that genius HC happy and in one place for 20 years - - not an easy task when that HC can name his own salary with 31 other teams that would back a Brinks truck up to his door if he ever cared to give the word.
11) creating the best workout/cafeteria/food services for the platyers and personnel in the NFL. Think that's a joke??? Corey Dillon waxed poetic when he got here about having Alaskan Snow crab in the workout cafeteria - - he said being a Patriot with the food/nutritionists/workout facilities etc. was like dying and going to heaven after his 8 years in Cincinnati.

That's just off the top of my head in the moment. I'm sure I could give you another 20 if I cared to go on.

10 SB trips in 25 years just doesn't happen on the field - - -it takes an environment.

yes.....but would you suck **** for all that? he would not......he wants something more

For those who live in New England?

then in general:

That's just off the top of my head in the moment. I'm sure I could give you another 20 if I cared to go on. I get it. You are a Floridian and just watch them on TV. But in New England this owner has been transformative for the community and the team.

Perhaps you think the Jets, Redskins or Bengals suck only because of poor play on the field or lousy coaching. I have news for ya, kid. It all starts at the top. Creating and maintaining an environment of excellence is what brings top talent to a franchise. Woody Johnson, the Brown family, the Haslam Clown, Dan Snyder, etc. have taken franchises into the toilet. Grow up and understand this is a business and that directly affects performance on the field.

NOW - I answered YOUR question in depth.

Answer mine: name ONE other NFL owner who has done a better job in his position than Robert Kraft over the past 25 years. No one has yet answered that, except the crickets chirping.

The vast majority of that is completely irrelevant to what the team has accomplished on the field. They’re red herrings. As far as keeping BB happy, which is somewhat relevant, the only thing Bob had to do to accomplish that was pay him and stay out of the way. The latter shows just how little he matters in the grand scheme of things for the team’s run.

As for this question...

name ONE other NFL owner who has done a better job in his position than Robert Kraft over the past 25 years

...this is the beginning of a straw man. Nobody is saying he doesn’t do a good job as an owner. He doesn’t micromanage. That’s what a good manager SHOULD do. The claim is that he isn’t all that important to the team’s success on the field when you rank order who SHOULD be getting thanked. Now answer mine, since you never did before. Give me where Kraft is at, in your own personal opinion, if you’re going to rank order who was the most important in this run of success on the field.

T

...this is the beginning of a straw man. Nobody is saying he doesn’t do a good job as an owner. He doesn’t micromanage. That’s what a good manager SHOULD do. The claim is that he isn’t all that important to the team’s success on the field when you rank order who SHOULD be getting thanked. Now answer mine, since you never did before. Give me where Kraft is at, in your own personal opinion, if you’re going to rank order who was the most important in this run of success on the field.

Not until your answer my question. You still haven't.

I went into great detail answering yours. I still hear nothing but crickets from you. You're ducking.

Just ONE other NFL owner who you would prefer to Kraft. ONE.

Not until your answer my question. You still haven't.

I went into great detail answering yours. I still hear nothing but crickets from you.

Just ONE other NFL owner who has been better in the NFL these past 25 years. ONE.
Any owner that stays out of the way of the football ops side of the business would be on-par with Robert Kraft. That’s their job. If they get in the way, they’re not doing that job. That would eliminate guys like Jones and Snyder. I’ve thought I’ve made that clear. Now what’s your rank order?

Any owner that stays out of the way of the football ops side of the business would be on-par with Robert Kraft. That’s their job. If they get in the way, they’re not doing that job. That would eliminate guys like Jones and Snyder. I’ve thought I’ve made that clear. Now what’s your rank order?

You're still ducking.

Look, I gave your request the proper respect and wrote out a very long, detailed response.

You continue to answer one short, very simple question. You can't pull the trigger on an answer can you?

You're still ducking.

Look, I gave your request the proper respect and wrote out a very long, detailed response.

You continue to answer one short, very simple question. You can't pull the trigger on an answer can you?

No, you’re ducking. And that’s very clear. I answered your question just fine. You’re stalling for time because you’re backed into a corner and your argument will collapse on itself no matter which way you go.

Why would I rank Kraft above other owners who stay out of the way when the point of contention in the first place, which you decided to debate, was that the owner is down the list of people to be thanked for success ON THE FIELD that this team has had? The owner is supposed to stay out of the way. In that regard, Kraft has generally been a fine owner and I would rank him up there with other owners who do not get in the way of the football ops. Those are all good managers. They’ve all also screwed up from time to time in one way or another, and that includes Kraft. But, in the end, they’re just not all that important to what a football team puts out on the field.

Now quit stalling and give your rank order. Shouldn’t be that difficult.

No, you’re ducking. And that’s very clear. I answered your question just fine. You’re stalling for time because you’re backed into a corner and your argument will collapse on itself no matter which way you go.

Why would I rank Kraft above other owners who stay out of the way when the point of contention in the first place, which you decided to debate, was that the owner is down the list of people to be thanked for success ON THE FIELD that this team has had? The owner is supposed to stay out of the way. In that regard, Kraft has generally been a fine owner and I would rank him up there with other owners who do not get in the way of the football ops. Those are all good managers. They’ve all also screwed up from time to time in one way or another, and that includes Kraft. But, in the end, they’re just not all that important to what a football team puts out on the field.

Now quit stalling and give your rank order. Shouldn’t be that difficult.

You're bending like a pretzel.

It was a very simple question. You can't answer it. Name ONE. Should be easy, no?

I gave you half a novel of an answer for your question. Everyone reading this can plainly see what happened.

Look, evidently you can't handle it. Putting on the Deus mask won't work and posting the above snivel won't work.

I'll help you out....wanna try typing R-O-O-N-E-Y???????????? Can't do it, right?

Last edited:
J-E-R-R-U-H???????????

L-U-R-I-E??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand