PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thank you Bob Kraft for buying the team, hiring BB and letting the football people do football things and making the New England Patriots one of, if not the greatest sports franchises in the history of professional sports. When other teams dominated like the Pats, the competition often consisted of 7 other teams and money played a huge part in who won and who lost. What we are witnessing now most likely will never be replicated. Never. Let me say that again, NEVER.

To the OP, you should realize that the NFL is a club of 32 men. Not the fans, not the city. A club of 32 rich men trying to get richer. He is selling a product. Simple as that.

sounds like you do

I don't give a **** about who's more important for this run........it's a meaningless notion
And yet here you are, in a seven page thread, arguing about it. Yeah. Sure. You definitely don’t give a ****. But your response tells me you don’t have any real point to counter what I’m saying. There’s good reason for that.

As always, you can be counted on to be fatuous and facile.

If, conversely, there are other achievements that could reasonably be said to equal or even surpass marrying into money...

Speaking of being fatuous and facile, Kraft did not 'marry into money' by any reasonable definition of the phrase. Myra's father was the president (not owner) of the paper company that Kraft acquired through a leveraged buyout. :rolleyes:

Prior to Kraft:

Patriots went to and lost one SB, were at best a mid level franchise equivalent to the Eagles and were on the verge of moving.

Post Kraft: Patriots go to 10 SB’s from 1996-present and win 6 tying the NFL record, he goes to get the best coach in football history and allows him to do his thing, keeps the team in NE. Oh and now the Patriots are effectively viewed as the football version of the Yankees or Maple Leads worldwide.

There is no scenario where he didn’t succeed wildly beyond every expectation. Now piss off

I took a poop this morning....Good Day

(Since where writing notes.....):cool:

Huge fan of team buys team, keeps it from moving and is at the helm through unprecedented run of success. Also influential in league matters. If any NFL owner deserves credit for team success (as has always happened) then BK should be recognized as one of the all time greats. Not perfect but I'm hopeful Jonathan ends up being much like his Dad.

The front office is to blame one way or another for how the Brown thing turned out. You either need to blame them for cutting ties with him too early (when they could have just waited to see if the NFL put him on the exempt list and walked away blame-free if so) or you need to blame them for desperately signing him in the first place due to ****ting the bed at WR position two years in a row. Take your pick.

No one to blame here except the huge and out of control ego of AB... the Pats took a chance, it backfired.. are they to blame for his misbehavior?? I think not.. if he chose to fly under the radar, stopped his social media idiocy and left his ego in LA he would still be here.

I can name many of the other 31 as equivalently good owners because there is literally nothing Kraft has done to distinguish himself from them. And things from about 20-25 years ago are not getting a pass for why he is "great" in 2019.

What makes him a great owner relative to Schneider (rip), Ford, Wilf, Biscotti, Khan or the Rooneys ?

All of them are not trigger happy with personnel, let their coaches and GMs work and do the same amount of community outreach. What exactly has Kraft done in the last 15 years that puts him above them ? What makes him "great" ?

My point is not he is a bad owner, but that he is more or less the same kind of owner as most of the good ones.

He has minimally interfered in this great run of 6 SB's in 9 appearances... all you need to know.

He has minimally interfered in this great run of 6 SB's in 9 appearances... all you need to know.

Him not interfering during times of success is not particularly impressive. There is no need for that when things are going well. Just like York was happy while the 49ers had their successful 2-3 years under Harbaugh and turned into a lunatic once that phase ended.

The real measure comes when there is little success and the owners I mentioned have showed the same restraint even then. Again, what makes him stand out from others ?

No one to blame here except the huge and out of control ego of AB... the Pats took a chance, it backfired.. are they to blame for his misbehavior?? I think not.. if he chose to fly under the radar, stopped his social media idiocy and left his ego in LA he would still be here.
Why did the team take a chance? For the Hell of it?

And yet here you are, in a seven page thread, arguing about it. Yeah. Sure. You definitely don’t give a ****. But your response tells me you don’t have any real point to counter what I’m saying. There’s good reason for that.

you had a point? what was it?

mine was merely that you don't have to watch....how is that giving a ****?

Nothing. He deserves to be in Canton. That doesn’t mean we should be sucking his **** at every turn because he did what he was supposed to do as an owner (which was allow the football operations side to run the team and retain them if they continued to do a good job). His job was by far and away the easiest of the Big 3 and I can make a very cogent argument that he was even less important than Ernie Adams was for this run.

Jeebus, nobody is arguing which of those guys are better than there other - we are lucky to have had all 4!
All 4 of them are the best at their job. Why the angst! What’s with the meow meow catty chat - Milk saucer empty?

(With all due respect to our Sammy) :D

you had a point? what was it?

mine was merely that you don't have to watch....how is that giving a ****?
To say I’m not surprised that you missed the point is an understatement. Fourth reply now, though. This is definitely the behavior of someone who doesn’t give a ****. Keep replying more. Each reply for sure drills home the fact that don’t give a ****. In other words, you’re basically dead weight in this thread. Can’t even answer a simple question because it blows up... whatever the point is... that you’re trying to make.

Jeebus, nobody is arguing which of those guys are better than there other - we are lucky to have had all 4!
All 4 of them are the best at their job. Why the angst! What’s with the meow meow catty chat - Milk saucer empty?

(With all due respect to our Sammy) :D
I argued that he’s the least important one of the big three of this franchise (and that’s without including other players and coaches during the run) and you took exception to that. Nobody is catty, shmessy. Those are just facts. But to say “nobody is arguing” makes me wonder if you have amnesia. You were just doing it yesterday. You were unsuccessful, but you still tried to argue a counterpoint nonetheless.

To say I’m not surprised that you missed the point is an understatement. Fourth reply now, though. This is definitely the behavior of someone who doesn’t give a ****. Keep replying more. Each reply for sure drills home the fact that don’t give a ****. In other words, you’re basically dead weight in this thread. Can’t even answer a simple question because it blows up... whatever the point is... that you’re trying to make.

why u so mad?

I argued that he’s the least important one of the big three of this franchise (and that’s without including other players and coaches during the run) and you took exception to that. Nobody is catty, shmessy. Those are just facts. But to say “nobody is arguing” makes me wonder if you have amnesia. You were just doing it yesterday. You were unsuccessful, but you still tried to argue a counterpoint nonetheless.

I don't get why it is important at all to label "who is most important" between the 3 (or 4 - because Ernie is truly the pinnacle). They do different things. My point is that for all the people complaining about the owner, the truth is we have the best NFL owner there is. I challenged anyone to name one who they'd rather have. There are still only crickets to that one. You weirdly answered that the HC and QB are far more important. OK, whatever????

Within the organization? They do different jobs. I just hope they are the best comparatively within their job. They don't have to beat each other - - they have to beat their couterparts in the other 31. We are fortunate that against the other 31, for two decades, they have been.

I don't care to rank the QB over the HC over the owner over the brain......they aren't in competition to beat each other. But I guess that is important to you. God bless.

Last edited:
I don't get why it is important at all to label "who is most important" between the 3 (or 4 - because Ernie is truly the pinnacle). They do different things. My point is that for all the people complaining about the owner, the truth is we have the best NFL owner there is. I challenged anyone to name one who they'd rather have. There are still only crickets to that one. You weirdly answered that the HC and QB are far more important. OK, whatever????

Within the organization? They do different jobs. I just hope they are the best comparatively within their job. We are fortunate that against the other 31, for two decades, they have been.

I don't care to rank the QB over the HC over the owner over the brain......they aren't in competition to beat each other. But I guess that is important to you. God bless.

It becomes important when this many people are thanking the owner for how good the run has been. That’s exceptionally weird. You’re basically thanking the guy for not micromanaging. Any good manager worth a damn is not a micromanager. That’s just doing your job. Furthermore, Bob is not designing the game plans, he’s not making the plays on the field, he’s not dealing with personnel (the situation with Brown aside), and he’s not pouring over game film. So what exactly are we thanking him for and why, exactly, are we attributing this to him? His job is literally to stay out of the way. By definition, there are two guys who are infinitely more responsible for the success of this franchise since 2000 and there are tons of players that we should be thanking before the guy that drunkenly slurs “we are all Paschzzriots” when the other peoples’ hard work leads to another title.

Not mad at all. If that’s what you’re getting out of my posts, fault your reading comprehension.

so the what was that talk about sucking ****? sounds angry......at a minimum, highly annoyed

except if you actually do that sort of thing which would still point the finger at not doing it because you're angry

I'd like to see him step down and let Jonathan do more of the day to day and the figurehead stuff now as well.

Even his statement last night wasn't enough for my taste. He has needed to be more aggressive standing on the wall as he has been, but he likes that power circle he is in, which is very disappointing choosing the NFL brand over his own,

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes