PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Frustrating Observation On N'Keal Harry

When has BB ever stop him from cutting a player no matter when drafted if he doesnt perform?
Yeah, that's the strange thing about Harry. He was asking for a trade in the off season, he was so easy to send packing, fans would have supported it, but nope, he's still in the lineup and getting a large number of snaps.

Yep, and as I noted at the pub right after it happened, that’s EXACTLY what Bill, Skippy & Mac deserved for calling his # Immediately after he dropped an EASY pass that would’ve given them a first down just inside Barfalo territory.

What a terrible, TERRIBLE message that sends to the rest of the team… Maybe that’s why Slater made those statements he made, because he can feel everyone else’s resentment at the OBVIOUS favoritism (and Nepotism) on display at One Patriot Place…

My girlfriend made me go take out the trash, I was that heated.

1. He does not know the snap count or the playbook. So literally waits to see the ball physically snapped before running.
2. He is blind like Wild Thing in Major Thing, let's get him some glasses.
3. Or he is deaf, let's get him some of those ear devices.

Still does not explain the total lack of fight when the ball is thrown to him. I bet Mac's throw was actually exactly on point but NKeal was a second behind where he was supposed to be.

Also, I know people here hate Cam but imagine NKeal Harry being your #1 WR all of 2020.

I don’t think he wants to play football. Seriously, I don’t think he likes it all that much.

That limp wrist tip that led to the interception killed him for me. Granted, Mac prolly shouldn't have gone for the throw but after that "wait, lemme make sure this tip is as easy as possible to intercept," I lost it. Cut the prick.

I've waited, hoped, and it just ain't happening. This is the same guy who demanded a trade early in the season and was somehow given another chance. Get the **** out. There are dudes who'd crack their skulls in special teams reps to get on the field for a single snap, meanwhile Harry can't even get the ****ing snap count down.

I love this season and am super happy with how it has turned out, as it's promising of a good future. I hope that future does not involve Harry. I don't give a damn if he does better on another team, sometimes that's just how it works, whatever, but to say he has been a liability for the Pats is a generous take.

BB hasn't cut him because he was BB's pick that year, and it would be embarrassing to admit that you blew a first rnd pick this badly.The wide outs that the FO passed on are astonishing, J Brown, Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf etc. I held out hope that he would pan out, but he needs to go as a WR. Maybe its possible that he could be used like Cordel Patterson was
Bill hasn't cut him because he's better, even if just blocking at the #4 spot, than the dead money they'd eat for cutting him.

It's a financial decision as much as anything else at this point.

I don't have a problem with attempting to draft at the position, you never know until you try.

Harry seemed like an Interesting prospect, maybe shared Anquan Boldin qualities. It just never translated. He doesn't seem to have a particularly high motor, and seems to lack enthusiasm out there. He has tools to be solid, not great, but he'll never realize his potential.

I'm fine with moving on after this year, he's not worth the roster spot.

I'm sure this is a point many hacks have made in the past few days, but I'll say it anyway: it seems pretty obvious that him playing almost every snap was a major contributing factor to the offense being so sloppy. The offensive line wasn't pass blocking well, and Mac was uncharacteristically inaccurate, but it really looked like Harry was in the vicinity of damn near every disaster in the passing game.

Good run blocker still, but this is what happens when you try to use him like a real WR.
You know how families go through trouble and pick the problem kid to blame stuff on?

its harry.

I don't have a problem with attempting to draft at the position, you never know until you try.

Harry seemed like an Interesting prospect, maybe shared Anquan Boldin qualities. It just never translated. He doesn't seem to have a particularly high motor, and seems to lack enthusiasm out there. He has tools to be solid, not great, but he'll never realize his potential.

I'm fine with moving on after this year, he's not worth the roster spot.

How many WRs with Harry's skill set and weaknesses have thrived in New England during the BB era?

That isn't entirely true - he looked good when he was put in the right situations.
This has been a debate for quite some time, but him looking good was overrated.

Like some of us...I have been incredibly patient with him. I don't think I can wait for him to turn it around as a receiver any longer.

Yep, and as I noted at the pub right after it happened, that’s EXACTLY what Bill, Skippy & Mac deserved for calling his # Immediately after he dropped an EASY pass that would’ve given them a first down just inside Barfalo territory.

What a terrible, TERRIBLE message that sends to the rest of the team… Maybe that’s why Slater made those statements he made, because he can feel everyone else’s resentment at the OBVIOUS favoritism (and Nepotism) on display at One Patriot Place…

I can see why the team would be unmotivated seeing McD force-feed NKeal Harry snaps and crappy passes and play 95% of all snaps. Would send a terrible message to the entire team. Everyone on the team knows NKeal SUCKS.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back