PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A couple days before the draft, lots of smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Lots of smoke and lies before the draft.

Another smoke screen or true? I think smoke screen!

I’m not as down on Grier as some but I would need to go buy a new TV if they took him in the first round.

If the reports are anything like they were last year, let me sum up how it will look before Thursday:

The Patriots are very high on [every player that will eventually be taken in the first 2 rounds] and are willing to move up in the 1st to get him.

Ryan Mallett's not available, then?

GB may take him. They also want to groom a QB.

If they are saying Grier would be their 1st round pick, then it falls into the same range as the Jackson stories as last year, smokescreens.

That being said, and though I prefer a different position being addressed (TE, WR, Oline, Dline), it wouldn't shock me. Let's face it, IF Grier is shooting up the charts (had a great Pro Day, and a solid combine), wouldn't it make sense to grab him at 32 if the Pats REALLY want him ? If the rumors are true that he's suddenly highly sought after, he definitely won't be there at 56 or 64.

Me personally, I really like Grier, he's my 3rd favorite behind Lock & Jones. I don't consider Murray or Haskins as QBs that would be available for the Pats, so I'm talking 3rd favorite amongst guys left after they go.

Grier, in the games I watched, was phenomenal. He's a warrior, he's a winner, and made some GREAT throws. The game winning throw vs Texas was insane, 45 yards on a line for a TD.

Also had the highest RPM on his throws of any QB at the Combine (59 rpm). I think that would be near the top last year too.

So though I'd be mildly surprised if they picked Grier 32nd overall, I would be ok with it, especially if Hockenson, Fant and Smith are gone by 32.

Remember the Pats we’re going to take Lamar Jackson in the first round last year? :rolleyes:

Why is so hard for people to realize you don’t waste a first rounder on a player who won’t see the field for a few years when that pick could go towards helping your HOF 42 year old QB?

Trade the 1st round pick for a future 1st and grab Dolegala later ... I'd rather grab
Brady's sure fire replacement when we'll have him on a rookie deal for a few years.

Why is so hard for people to realize you don’t waste a first rounder on a player who won’t see the field for a few years when that pick could go towards helping your HOF 42 year old QB?

I’m sorry but this is complete nonsense. It all depends on your evaluation of a player. If the next Aaron Rodgers is sitting there, even though you don’t need him right away, you draft him.

IS the next Aaron Rodgers sitting there?

F*ck no....why do that when you can get Clayton Thorson at the end of round 4?

IS the next Aaron Rodgers sitting there?
We'll only be able to tell by eye rolls and throwing others under the bus on draft day.

With BB and the Patriots, 99 out of 100 times it is smoke and the 1 time it is true it is never as it seems

I don't think out of 20 plus multi round drafts that I have read have ever seen Grier being picked in the 1st round and maybe a couple had him going in the 2nd round so I for one would be shocked if he was picked at #32.

I don't think out of 20 plus multi round drafts that I have read have ever seen Grier being picked in the 1st round and maybe a couple had him going in the 2nd round so I for one would be shocked if he was picked at #32.
I won’t be shocked by anything at this point. BB makes a mockery of mock drafts.

When you pick 32nd as often as BB does, it gives you quite a few liberties.

Remember the Pats we’re going to take Lamar Jackson in the first round last year? :rolleyes:

Agreed. I'm not sure if it's a few years actually but still would much rather go in a tank for Lawrence than pick an average QB.

We might still take a QB late as Hoyer replacement.

I’m not as down on Grier as some but I would need to go buy a new TV if they took him in the first round.

I hear they got a good sale on down at BestBuy

Why would a post by a member of the media be considered "a smoke screen?" The guy is just wondering about a possibility. He doesn't even do the magical "sources" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back