PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A couple days before the draft, lots of smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a chance Fant could be available at 32 ?

Is there a chance Fant could be available at 32 ?

Minuscule. Better chance he's gone in the top half of the first. If he makes it to 21 it will be interesting if they trade up.

Billy setting some foolish team up for a trade down fleecing. When are sucker GMs gonna learn?
GMs that are in " win now" mode have to do things like trading w BB to save their own skins. Coaches/GM like Belichick that have the ultimate in job security can trade into the future getting better value so that third rounder this year becomes a second rounder in 2020 and maybe a first rounder in 2021...

I thought the draft was in the first week of May. What a pleasant surprise to know it's only in two days

The more I read the less I believe Simmons,Lawrence or Tillery will be available at 32.

I think we'll go WR in the first round

Dont ask me who cause i dont know any names

I am leaning towards OT...losing Trent Brown was big and not much depth behind Wynn and Cannon...

No, Bill is going to have to trade up if he wants Fant.

And it won't be a significant Trade up for Noah Fant because he ain't going in the Teens. A early to to mid twenties Trade up like the move for TE Daniel Graham many moons ago. That said it depends how much they value Hoch if he's on the board at 12 I would Trade up parting ways with 32 a Second and a Third I think that could get it done. I am all for targeting specific players and not stock piling picks for next year...We have Two 2019 Thirds already.

Kinda crazy but we have a Draft class coming back in 2019 in *Wynn - Dawson* and Bentley *high picks* and the possibilities of Christian Sam and Ryan Izzo.

I’m sorry but this is complete nonsense. It all depends on your evaluation of a player. If the next Aaron Rodgers is sitting there, even though you don’t need him right away, you draft him.

It doesnt even need to be the next Aaron Rodgers. But you absolutely nailed the evaluation part.

Why do people think this every year lol? Maybe one day it'll happen. I think it'll be an OT.

Why do people think this every year lol? Maybe one day it'll happen. I think it'll be an OT.

Because we missed out on some FAs, nobody wants to trade with us anymore and our WR group is as bad as it's been in decades.

Kinda crazy but we have a Draft class coming back in 2019 in *Wynn - Dawson* and Bentley *high picks* and the possibilities of Christian Sam and Ryan Izzo.

Sam and Izzo will be JAGS at best.

Sam and Izzo will be JAGS at best.

Really I thought Bentley would be a Jag he turned out to be much more than that. Wait until they put on the pads before you pass judgement.

Do you want to be remembered about the guy who finally corrected predicted the WR in the 1st round or be forgotten as the many who go with "Oh we need Lineman..."

Yeah, that's what i thought

Do you want to be remembered about the guy who finally corrected predicted the WR in the 1st round or be forgotten as the many who go with "Oh we need Lineman..."

Yeah, that's what i thought
Hey if we get a receiver hats off to you friend. I'll believe it when I see it. Much more comfortable taking linemen than receivers based on draft history over the last 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News