PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

45 Man Roster With Less Than Two Weeks To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Andrew’s and Onwenu (or mason) get hurt, what is your ol?
OPTION ONE
Brown, Wynn, Karras, Mason, Cajuste if Andrews and Onwneu are out
Brown, Wynn, Karras, Onwenu, Cajuste if Andrews and Mason are out
Wynn, Onwenu, 8th OL, Mason, Brown if Andrews and Karras are out

OPTION TWO
If Wynn cannot play LG, then the 8th OL would replace the injured guard.
This could also happen if Belichick below is a better OG than Wynn.

I love Olszewski, but say Agholor or Meyers get hurt....I'd rather have Harry out there. I can see Olszewski being Edelman II, but he isn't there just yet....and Harry blocks as an added bonus.
I'd rather have Harry also, both as a blocker and in the red zone.

That being said. I can't see us running a 3 WR set with Agholor/Meyers, Bourne, and Harry while benching one of the TE's. On third down, Harry would have even fewer reps, since White could be the 3rd WR.

I have the offensive line depth chart after 2 preseason games as:
starters:
andrews
Mason
Wynn
Brown
Onwenu
Reserves
Karras
Cajuste
Herron
Cunningham
Ferentz
Martin
Redmond
Prince

cajuste has impressed me a bunch and I think he leaps Herron for backup left tackle.

I have the offensive line depth chart after 2 preseason games as:
starters:
andrews
Mason
Wynn
Brown
Onwenu
Reserves
Karras
Cajuste
============================
Herron
Cunningham
Ferentz
Martin
Redmond
Prince

cajuste has impressed me a bunch and I think he leaps Herron for backup left tackle.
The open question is our needs after we agree on your top 7. We are expected to have one more OL active. We could have one or two more OL's on the roster. I would note that your top seven includes 4 OT's, 5 OG's, and 2 C's which is a great situation to be in.

What are your considerations in deciding on the 8th and/or 9th OL?

PICK ONE OR TWO
Herron
Cunningham
Ferentz
Martin
Redmond
Prince

OPTION ONE
Brown, Wynn, Karras, Mason, Cajuste if Andrews and Onwneu are out
Brown, Wynn, Karras, Onwenu, Cajuste if Andrews and Mason are out
Wynn, Onwenu, 8th OL, Mason, Brown if Andrews and Karras are out

OPTION TWO
If Wynn cannot play LG, then the 8th OL would replace the injured guard.
This could also happen if Belichick below is a better OG than Wynn.
Why not Wynn Herron Karras mason brown.

Herron prevents you from moving both OTs

The open question is our needs after we agree on your top 7. We are expected to have one more OL active. We could have one or two more OL's on the roster. I would note that your top seven includes 4 OT's, which is a great situation to be in.

PICK ONE OR TWO
Herron
Cunningham
Ferentz
Martin
Redmond
Prince

I would go with 9 offensive linemen on the 53 and only 3 tight ends.

The open question is our needs after we agree on your top 7. We are expected to have one more OL active. We could have one or two more OL's on the roster. I would note that your top seven includes 4 OT's, 5 OG's, and 2 C's which is a great situation to be in.

PICK ONE OR TWO
Herron
Cunningham
Ferentz
Martin
Redmond
Prince
Herron and Ferentz are the two best of the remaining group.

I love Olszewski, but say Agholor or Meyers get hurt....I'd rather have Harry out there. I can see Olszewski being Edelman II, but he isn't there just yet....and Harry blocks as an added bonus.
I think Oslzewski has an unreal upside, and he’s already an All Pro on ST’s. Harry has done nothing to deserve a roster spot over him. There is no way I would cut Gunner. I would cut every WR on this team before him.

I think Oslzewski has an unreal upside, and he’s already an All Pro on ST’s. Harry has done nothing to deserve a roster spot over him. There is no way I would cut Gunner. I would cut every WR on this team before him.
If Taylor can return punts, why do we need oslzewski?

If Taylor can return punts, why do we need oslzewski?
If Williams can play CB why do we need Gilmore?

It is not a matter of Taylor returning punts. It is a matter of whether he is all-pro punt returner.

1) I haven't see Gunner's tremendous upside, unless you mean that his current skills are such that there is much room for improvement.

2) I too would keep one of the PR's in the NFL. And yes, he is an emergency WR (our #5).

3) Harry is competing with Zuber, Wilkerson, Nixon and a new acquisition. He isn't competing with Gunner.

I would go with 9 offensive linemen on the 53 and only 3 tight ends.
I've never put 4 TE's on my [projected rosters. I do have a FB on the roster though. Do you?

If Williams can play CB why do we need Gilmore?

It is not a matter of Taylor returning punts. It is a matter of whether he is all-pro punt returner.

Taylor - punt returns and exciting change of pace running back that can also catch!

oslzewski- punt returns and dreams of being a receiver.

slowjuan - special teams and terrible in coverage in the secondary!

Choice seems pretty obvious!

I've never put 4 TE's on my [projected rosters. I do have a FB on the roster though. Do you?

no. I suspect we are running a ton of 12 this season.

1) I haven't see Gunner's tremendous upside, unless you mean that his current skills are such that there is much room for improvement.

2) I too would keep one of the PR's in the NFL. And yes, he is an emergency WR (our #5).

3) Harry is competing with Zuber, Wilkerson, Nixon and a new acquisition. He isn't competing with Gunner.
I guess you must have missed him making the All Pro team then.

I guess you must have missed him making the All Pro team then.

All-pro team (as a punt returner on historically one of the best ST teams in the league).

I appreciate Gunner but I certainly wouldn't describe him as having tremendous upside. He has the ability to carve out a role with the team depending on how dominoes fall elsewhere but I haven't seen anything outstanding about him other than his work ethic.

The best comparison for him is Edelman. IMHO, Edelman (as this stage of his career) looked more developed as both a punt returner and a receiver. It seems Edelman is about 15-20% more athletic (fast/quick) than Gunner, with a slightly more robust frame to build on.

I'll pull like heck for Gunner to help the team, but I wouldn't be shocked if his time is nearing an end. His value to this team is as a punt returner, and while he's good at that, I don't think he's transcendent.

All-pro team (as a punt returner on historically one of the best ST teams in the league).

I appreciate Gunner but I certainly wouldn't describe him as having tremendous upside. He has the ability to carve out a role with the team depending on how dominoes fall elsewhere but I haven't seen anything outstanding about him other than his work ethic.

The best comparison for him is Edelman. IMHO, Edelman (as this stage of his career) looked more developed as both a punt returner and a receiver. It seems Edelman is about 15-20% more athletic (fast/quick) than Gunner, with a slightly more robust frame to build on.

I'll pull like heck for Gunner to help the team, but I wouldn't be shocked if his time is nearing an end. His value to this team is as a punt returner, and while he's good at that, I don't think he's transcendent.

What I see with Gunner is the same thing I saw from Troy Brown, Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman early in their careers, except Gunner is the most explosive one of the bunch. However, unlike those three Gunner is converting from defense to offense, which explains why the transition could take a little longer. Gunner looks like he can take it to the house pretty much every time he touches the ball, and that’s an upside few players have. I think he’s going to end up having a much bigger impact on their offense this season than most expect. We will see how it turns out but that’s my prediction on it.

Actually Edelman didn't fully develop as a receiver until his 5th year ( Gunner is in year 3). Look at Edelman's stats for receptions over his first 4 years, 37,7,4,21. In his rookie year, half of those 37 receptions came in 2 games, week 2 versus NYJ and week 16 when Welker tore up his knee early on versus Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down