PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 2: Patriots Lose to Dolphins 24-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Sorry, you used up all my responses from me. Have a good day.
Well that's a step up from calling people a "little *****" when you've become flustered and don't know what to say.

Well that's a step up from "little *****" when you've become flustered and don't know what to say.
Thanks for the feedback. I will review it and get back to you.

BB knocked this draft out of the park.
You do realize Bill has not drafted a Pro Bowl/All Pro player on offense or defensive since 2013 right?

This statement of Bill "knocking it out of the park" has been a going on for the last several years now. Then after the season ends, people wonder why they aren't any good?

Would you prefer the Pats had not drafted Gonzales and White, and drafted OL instead?

BB knocked this draft out of the park.

Are Gonzalez and White going to be good players? Seems likely.

Did we already have a decent defense? Yeah. It was at the very least serviceable.

The OL and skill players that were on the team were glaring weak spots.

It's possible for both things to be true. Did they have a good draft? Sure.

Did the draft address GLARING weaknesses? No.

It's not one or the other.

This offense needs to be able to run the ball, which sets up play-action.

The banged up OL hasn’t been able to do that. They will, though. Eventually. Against inferior teams.

Next week will likely be more of the same offensive futility. It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Take a look at the Jets front 7. Big, talented hombres.

It’s a perfect game for Pop Douglas to have a big game as receiver #3.

2018-2019 says hello.

I looked for the quote, but Belichick pretty much admitted that they went all in at the end of the run.
Perhaps 2018-2019 was in comparison to BB’s all-to-frequent “trade 1st rounder for other team’s 1st and 3rd next year” mode of operation (followed by my shoe flying toward the TV), but I would argue the scale is orders of magnitude different. Not trading into the future for a 2018-2019 “win now” is much different than mortgaging the future (Browns for Watson, Broncos for Wilson, Fins for Hill and Waddle, the Rams deciding to abandon the draft for a while) or restructuring contracts to punt cap problems to future years (Jets again for Rodgers, Saints, Cowboys, Rams again, etc., etc.).

I think that the lack of a top 3 draft pick (from a completely catastrophic season) is one of BB’s greatest achievements.

Last edited:
Are Gonzalez and White going to be good players? Seems likely.

Did we already have a decent defense? Yeah. It was at the very least serviceable.

The OL and skill players that were on the team were glaring weak spots.

It's possible for both things to be true. Did they have a good draft? Sure.

Did the draft address GLARING weaknesses? No.

It's not one or the other.
Number 1 corner was a glaring problem. I am fine with getting a cb over a tackle.

Ian...Tua throws a better football period and take good chances his footballs doesn't defy gravity like Mac Jones. One thing is that is glaring with Mac he doesn't throw well outside the numbers any DC can see that...wait Ray Charles can see that. Houston we have a problem.
Ray Charles Laugh GIF
Tua routinely gets crucified for having the best #1 and #2 WR combo in the league and still throwing ducks every once in a while when they are wide open. Tua on this squad with less time and most catches getting contested because WR's can't get seperating is either injured or on the bench by this point.

You always think it's "talent," talent was also the problem early in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

And despite little to no new talent being added, those teams they improved to the point of winning a Super Bowl.

"Execution" is actually a thing, it exists... a lack of it is how lesser teams beat better teams almost weekly in the NFL.
You spent all off season chastizing everyone who critcized the team for not securing offensive talent. Predictably they are losing AGAIN because the offense is inept. Now you are posting Confucius quotes about how talent isn't the problem, talent that is unable to execute is. Guess what.... good talent is better at execution. That's the point.

Also please on the talent thing. The 2014 and 2016 teams were stacked to the gills on both sides of the ball.

If you're still on here saying Mac is the problem, or hasn't improved, then you are football-stupid and just blindly following the past glory of when BB was in his prime. Mac played on par (if not better) than Hurts & Tua in consecutive weeks - with an inexperienced patchwork OL, and mediocre or rookie WR's.
He made quick accurate throws, even on the run, that commentators drool over when it's Mahomes or Allen.
He even ran well and picked up 1st downs when he had to.
So he missed on a few long bombs - taking desperation shots because they needed to try. (which Brady never hit until Moss came)
BB continues to kick Mac's favorite guys to the curb, or bench the most explosive weapons.
If you want to blame someone for where this team is, you're not living in reality or objectivity if you look anywhere other than BB.
Yup Mac had a good game and despite a huge chasm of weapons had marginally lower stats than Tua on the same night. QB is an easy scapegoat because it's easier to believe one guy is the problem and there is a quick fix as opposed to multiple guys being the problem and this being a harder hole to dig out of.

BB is the reason the team is here right now.

It was Andrews :(
Andrews has whiffed a few times this year. I wonder about this long term future on the team, or in the NFL. He’s already on his 9th year in the league and, for 4 of those 9 years, he’s played deep into the postseason. He’s played 13 extra games when counting all of his playoff starts. That’s a lot of mileage.

Andrews has whiffed a few times this year. I wonder about this long term future on the team, or in the NFL. He’s already on his 9th year in the league and, for 4 of those 9 years, he’s played deep into the postseason. He’s played 13 extra games when counting all of his playoff starts. That’s a lot of mileage.
Idk. Centers whiff more than players at other OL positions. He’s been whiffing occasionally since his rookie year.

That and the guys he's facing are only getting younger. Sort of too bad you can't put his head/heart in some of the other guys around him. Great person and great player. Yet another one of those "enjoy it while it lasts" guys.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back