PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

It's said if WR Bo Melton Rutgers went to certain prominent School *coughs* Bama he would be in a lot more conversations and not so overlooked. Some have him as a very good prospect who could be steal on day 2. It's said Bo Melton is a very talented prospect who played with horrible QB's. Some think he'll be a better pro than College player. Good value guy if you ask me especially in the Third or Early Fourth on a Trade up.
Most mocks have Melton falling into the 5th or 6th round. Day 2 would be too high for him, honestly.

Note: After Phillips, it was like the damn simulator was reading my mind. It literally took the next 5 players off my list... LOL

View attachment 42366
i like it but instead of picking many late rd, players i would have preffered to take 2 5th and a 6 to trade up again in the fourth or use that picks to trade up from your fourth rd pick to a third or sth like that.

If they go CB in the 1st round and McDuffie isn't there, I want Elam

As BGC mentioned any simulated "mock drafts" should not be posted in this thread. I made a mistake by doing so a few pages back but I acknowledged my mistake (I should have deleted it) a couple of posts later and posted my mock draft in the proper thread below. I understand the frustrations of some posters of looking for draft info/talk and seeing half the posts (ok I'm exaggerating) are now simulated mock drafts.

see appropriate thread below.

2022 Mock Drafts

The Eagles only have 1 pick in the first round now, which hopefully makes it less likely they'll steal one of our targeted players

I find it odd that this trade is made now and not draft day. Nobody knows who will be on the board.

Does this mean the Eagles just simply don’t like the top end talent of this draft and want to push their pick out until next year? Are they desperate for QB insurance in case Hurts flops and they want to have flexibility to trade up for a QB in 2023?

For the Saints, they get an extra first rounder, essentially jumping ahead of the Chargers at 17. Do they love a guy they think the Chargers will take? What’s to stop the Chargers from jumping back ahead of them if they really want that guy?

I find it odd that this trade is made now and not draft day. Nobody knows who will be on the board.

Does this mean the Eagles just simply don’t like the top end talent of this draft and want to push their pick out until next year? QB insurance in case Hurts flops and they want to have flexibility to trade up for a QB in 2023?
For the Saints, they get an extra first rounder, essentially jumping ahead of the Chargers at 17. Do they love a guy they think the Chargers will take? What’s to stop the Chargers from jumping back ahead of them if they really want that guy?

Eagles were rumored to be interested in getting another pick in 2023. They want a backup plan in case Hurts doesn't work out.

I'm a weird draftnik that hates mock drafts but you can't not do these. Honestly these are my first few attempts. I won't do another one until the week before the draft. I went down the trade hole but what are you gonna do.

This would make me smile and say "championship" Imo this is a grand slam. Defense is amped up. Mac gets some toys and OL gets a sweet piece. We look like a different team.

Johnson is top 10-15 value in this draft. I love him. Extremely high floor. Think he's a cross between Montez Sweat, Josh Sweat and Jaelan Phillups. We could have two really F'n good edge/rush players if we were lucky enough to grab him. Highly doubt he's there though.

I couldn't pass up Brisker at 55. Just too good and too Patriot-Type. He can do so many things. We'll find a role for really good players. Captain everywhere he went since HS.

Gordon is too good to be true here. He's more likely to go in the 2nd than 55. Insane testing #'s. Size and physicality to play outside but agility and experience to play slot. Physical in run support.

Quay Walker is one of my favorites at LB. UG has three top 100 LBs and he's often forgetting about. He's physical but has some finesse on his game. Can take on blocks with physicality and finesse. Good eyes that stay in backfield. Quick feet. Good athlete that can handle bigger physical TE. Could route recognition and ability to redirect without impeding / worrying about a flag.

Shakir is a slot/z/motion option. YAC threat you can give manipulated touches to. He's not a deep threat but can stretch the field from the slot against zone coverage. Very good feel in general against zone.

I thought Phillips would be a fan favorite here. I know @DaBruinz loves him. He's an elusive slot that blocks his butt off. I know I've posted video of him in this thread and others. UCLA Uses him out of the backfield and in motion as a lead blocker and hes like 180lbs lol. Tough kid. Really crafty route runner that can make a few guys miss. Would be great on option / juke routes in the MOF / shallow underneath.

Badie is a water bug out there that would a White replacement with a little luck. I'd love him here.

McCall could be that 2 gapping fatty everyone wants.

I think Smoke Monday's floor is a ST vet that just makes plays there.

Cade Mays has played all 5 OL positions and played them very well! I'd be shocked if he was there this late but that's par for the course with all these sim's.
View attachment 42339

Yeah many of these will be drafted sooner - in some cases much sooner - than when PFF thinks they should go... I posted in another thread that on Friday Jim Miller & Pat Kirwin of Sirius NFL's Moving the Chains indeed mocked CB Kyler Gordon to us... at #21! Don't know if he'll go that early, but it wouldn't surprise to see him taken closer to 21 than to 56...

this makes sense for the eagles if they are not viewing them as contenders rn and to make sure you have enough ammo to get a brice young , CJ stroud or someone else in the future. Saints going for OT QB or WR imo rn so this is looking good for the pats.
We can only hope some QB will be picked high dude to position value and others fall

Philly can still snack a top LB EDGE CB or DT if they want. but it is heading in the right direction for us.

I kinda hope Karlaftis or Stingley falls to 15

those simulators are even worse than madden trades i think sometimes. That's why i do no trade mocks half the times

I agree about PFF's trade simulator; unrealistically easy... Tony Pauline's Pro Football Network sim is harder than PFF's, but deals can still be made especially as a counter if proposals have already been offered...

I agree about PFF's trade simulator; unrealistically easy... Tony Pauline's Pro Football Network sim is harder than PFF's, but deals can still be made especially as a counter if proposals have already been offered...
yes and PFN at least updates their board, mocks will look "worse" than with PFF because many players we like here and often mock are harder to get at PFN. At PFN i am glad if i can get Zion Johnson or Elam. No chance of Dean, Jermaine Johnson or Booth mostly

And parents at least try to please their kids on XMAS, but BB couldn't care less about what draftniks think of his draft.

Yep, even when we're right and he's wrong...which is more often the case than not over the years...

Out of that list and if I cannot trade, then Booth... But I would first want to know which DEs are still available too...
yup DE is way more necessary for us than LB
We have the following LB options: McMillan, Bentley, Wilson, Hall, McGrone, Jennings, Perkins, Uche
DE: Wise, Judon, Perkins, Jennings

i did not list uche at DE because he seems to be no option there early in a 4-2 front. I also only listed Jennings and Perkins but we haven't seen them play there a lot so it's a lot uncertainty. And both Perkins and Jennings don't screem run stoppers from a size standpoint.
These hybrid guys like Perkins Jennings are a fit for OLB in a 3 man front if we play a 3-3 like last year a bit but not really a DE in 4-2.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back