PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

Given the risk for these 1st RD players, maybe it's better if they target a position they seem really good at evaluating, OL. It meets a need (LG) and helps w/ depth. Maybe a guy like Zion Johnson if they think he could be the next Thuney. Or a DL, where they've also had success.

Hill doesn't think they'll be looking at DL?

That's my first look this draft.

J Johnson, J Davis, Wyatt.

Given the risk for these 1st RD players, maybe it's better if they target a position they seem really good at evaluating, OL. It meets a need (LG) and helps w/ depth. Maybe a guy like Zion Johnson if they think he could be the next Thuney. Or a DL, where they've also had success.
Zion Johnson could immediately start at LG but even be a better Center in the future when Andrews hangs it up. He screams PTP imo. He would be a great pick in a trade down scenario. We need to dominate those trenches more than last year

Zion Johnson could immediately start at LG but even be a better Center in the future when Andrews hangs it up. He screams PTP imo. He would be a great pick in a trade down scenario. We need to dominate those trenches more than last year
If the Pats walked away with Zion Johnson, Travis Jones and Quay Walker, then it would be a home run draft...

If the Pats walked away with Zion Johnson, Travis Jones and Quay Walker, then it would be a home run draft...
I would take this, where can i sign? And this would be more realistic than some mocks

McShay just came out in an article above saying he wants us to draft Nakobi Dean. Talks about his FBI (football IQ) and he's spot on in this case. Dean is a smart MF on & off the field. I mentioned this somewhere in this thread before but Dean had a 4.0 in HS & college and majored in mechanical engineering. He's very intelligent with quick processing skills. He's undersized in general but if you've watched you know he's very physical. Especially for his size.

It's said if WR Bo Melton Rutgers went to certain prominent School *coughs* Bama he would be in a lot more conversations and not so overlooked. Some have him as a very good prospect who could be steal on day 2. It's said Bo Melton is a very talented prospect who played with horrible QB's. Some think he'll be a better pro than College player. Good value guy if you ask me especially in the Third or Early Fourth on a Trade up.

Last edited:
McShay just came out in an article above saying he wants us to draft Nakobi Dean. Talks about his FBI (football IQ) and he's spot on in this case. Dean is a smart MF on & off the field. I mentioned this somewhere in this thread before but Dean had a 4.0 in HS & college and majored in mechanical engineering. He's very intelligent with quick processing skills. He's undersized in general but if you've watched you know he's very physical. Especially for his size.
He runs routes better than RB's and TE's too. :) I'm all for a LB who we can trust in coverage in those situations.

225c5a62dafc5b465ff84c44fbcac0d0.png

that is what the doctor orders for our LB corp
perfect to stop modern offenses like the rams/49ers etc.

what do you think jacksonville will do?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back