PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

Woodhead / Taylor type. 6th-udfa.

3+ inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter than Edelman. 1 inch shorter and 22 lbs lighter than Woodhead. Something must be wrong because it is not possible to be 22 lbs lighter than Woodhead. :confused: Great videos, but they do not do justice to how small this guy is. 5'7", 172 lbs.

3+ inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter than Edelman. 1 inch shorter and 22 lbs lighter than Woodhead. Something must be wrong because it is not possible to be 22 lbs lighter than Woodhead. :confused: Great videos, but they do not do justice to how small this guy is. 5'7", 172 lbs.
Yup if he made it he would be an outlier but part of the reason I'm here is for you guys to know every one involved. Big names and long shots. Plus there's no one else smaller I could compare him too. Sproles? Again long shot.

With Devante Parker on the roster you can probably eliminate a WR early in the draft.

I suppose, but I don't want to see WR relegated to 7th-round status either, as it was last year.
If you have an average complement of picks in hand as Bill does now, one of them should Always be used on a WR to keep the pipeline flowing... and on OL... and on DLine (including OT & DE no later than every other year)...

I'd rather have a Real Outside CB with my first or second pick, and not Another Tweener.

How is Daxton Hill a Tweener? Dax Hill 6' 0", 191 lbs., 4.38 40, 6.57 3cone. Andrew Booth 6' 0.25", 194 lbs., did not run. Sauce Gardner 6' 3", 190 lbs., 4.41 40. Derek Stingley 6' 0.25", 190 lbs. did not run.

How is Daxton Hill a Tweener? Dax Hill 6' 0", 191 lbs., 4.38 40, 6.57 3cone. Andrew Booth 6' 0.25", 194 lbs., did not run. Sauce Gardner 6' 3", 190 lbs., 4.41 40. Derek Stingley 6' 0.25", 190 lbs. did not run.

NO CB's in 1st/2nd round PLEASE. Look at Patriots history!!!!!

Draft a impact LB in 1st round. 2nd round draft Metchie....

I think we go boring and pick OL. As bad as our defense was down the stretch. Our offense was abysmal. We need to protect our young QB so he has a chance to get the ball off.

I would like Trevor Penning even if we had to move up a few spots.

I think we go boring and pick OL. As bad as our defense was down the stretch. Our offense was abysmal. We need to protect our young QB so he has a chance to get the ball off.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if an OLman is chosen on Day 2... Don't think Bill will pull a 1st-round trigger on one, however... If I had to bet outside the chalk, I'm laying my money on Cole Strange in the 3rd round... In some ways he's a Thuney clone...

I think 2nd RD is too early for Metchie. Even with the history with Mac, just isn't worth it that early imo. He's closer to the 4th with his injury imo.

This isn't a great WR class but it's really solid with great depth imo. I just don't want to reach in the 2nd RD.

CB and DE is a must , there is no reason to not draft a CB early , this class looks good and they could be available at 21 (booth, Elam) which provides good value for the pick

I don’t see an impact LB for the first rd
Dean is too small and would play the dugger Phillips peppers role imo
Loyd is gone I think
Chenal I like him but 21 is too early and I don’t see Chenal as a fit especially if we play more zone defense, Chenal is ideal for a blitz heavy scheme where he can rush the passer and play the run aggressive but isn’t asked for covering lots of ground

There are quit a few LB we could take in the 50-100 range imo
Tindall
Walker
The lsu LB forgot his name
Andersen
etc

No offence, but I hate this arguement. It's totally illogical.

Also, as regards LB's, there's really only Devin Lloyd that's worth a first round pick. And he'll likely be gone. Maybe Nakobe Dean, but he's not a prototypical Patriots linebacker. And I wouldn't draft Metchie before the 3rd

I don’t see many people talking about a trade up ( I know it is unlikely ) but I would love to see BB aggressive and maybe use a third rd pick to trade up a few picks if one falls
We need quality impact players and are not contending for the PO this year probably with a stacked FA and a defense like ours I think they lack too much starters

Trevor Penning will have a lot of adjustments to make to his game to be a success in the NFL, otherwise the refs will be flagging him on every other snap

Jones & Ezukanma are two of the best YAC WR's in the draft. YAC is responsible for like 60% of the yards in the NFL. It translates a lot of the time. 4th-5th RD value imo.

IMG_20220403_034727.jpg

https://twitter.com/AyeThatsLee/status/1444545072943570945?t=3wqa9Y6Ie0eDxi-MT9cPgw&s=19

Ezukanma is a physical WR with YAC ability that can catch through contact in the intermediate and occasional deep target. Nice concentration, tracking ability and play strength. 210 frame that could gain a little muscle but a little more strength. Has a variety of release moves - physical not afraid to use/incorporate his hands into his release. Has to work on his stems though. Too often just fires into and advertises his end game. Has to use tempo, improve fakes, use his leverage better. Could be quicker getting in/out of his breaks. Can beat man and knows how to attack zone / space in short - intermediate rec. Plus blocker he can handle a bunch of duties in that department. Good hands, tries to pluck the ball away from frame. Uses late hands sometimes. Could improve his technique when tucking and become more efficient / quicker but nitpicking there. Plus contact balance taking on/through contact. Route three needs work. RD 4-5 value. Keep him behind your starters and develop his route running - technique(s) Hide him behind your big three or four and work him in slowly on routes / concepts you're comfortable with. Could be a year 2-3 contributor.

Makai Polk is another guy not getting any talk. It happens most people focus on the top 50. Which is important but one of the reasons I'm here is to inform you on every one not just the big names. Polk is a solid, worker with good technique and separation skills. Plus footwork, field vision and ability to catch through contact (for his size, could add 8-10lbs) Really nice field awareness. Sets up the top of his routes very nicely. Nice release package, good hand usage. Works right into his stem. Knows how to use leverage and space. Knows to stack and create space. Could be a plus blocker. Better in some areas could improve stalk. He's got the right attitude though.

Both these guys could be solid possession WR that could stretch the field occasionally, esp in zone coverage. Not flashy or guys getting talked about but could be nice WR3/4 if they hit their ceilings.

I'm a weird draftnik that hates mock drafts but you can't not do these. Honestly these are my first few attempts. I won't do another one until the week before the draft. I went down the trade hole but what are you gonna do.

This would make me smile and say "championship" Imo this is a grand slam. Defense is amped up. Mac gets some toys and OL gets a sweet piece. We look like a different team.

Johnson is top 10-15 value in this draft. I love him. Extremely high floor. Think he's a cross between Montez Sweat, Josh Sweat and Jaelan Phillups. We could have two really F'n good edge/rush players if we were lucky enough to grab him. Highly doubt he's there though.

I couldn't pass up Brisker at 55. Just too good and too Patriot-Type. He can do so many things. We'll find a role for really good players. Captain everywhere he went since HS.

Gordon is too good to be true here. He's more likely to go in the 2nd than 55. Insane testing #'s. Size and physicality to play outside but agility and experience to play slot. Physical in run support.

Quay Walker is one of my favorites at LB. UG has three top 100 LBs and he's often forgetting about. He's physical but has some finesse on his game. Can take on blocks with physicality and finesse. Good eyes that stay in backfield. Quick feet. Good athlete that can handle bigger physical TE. Could route recognition and ability to redirect without impeding / worrying about a flag.

Shakir is a slot/z/motion option. YAC threat you can give manipulated touches to. He's not a deep threat but can stretch the field from the slot against zone coverage. Very good feel in general against zone.

I thought Phillips would be a fan favorite here. I know @DaBruinz loves him. He's an elusive slot that blocks his butt off. I know I've posted video of him in this thread and others. UCLA Uses him out of the backfield and in motion as a lead blocker and hes like 180lbs lol. Tough kid. Really crafty route runner that can make a few guys miss. Would be great on option / juke routes in the MOF / shallow underneath.

Badie is a water bug out there that would a White replacement with a little luck. I'd love him here.

McCall could be that 2 gapping fatty everyone wants.

I think Smoke Monday's floor is a ST vet that just makes plays there.

Cade Mays has played all 5 OL positions and played them very well! I'd be shocked if he was there this late but that's par for the course with all these sim's.
Screenshot_2022-04-03-01-12-21~2.png

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back