PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

Ok made quite a few changes to the board.

I'll move a name up or down. Might add a guy or two but looking to get at it as close to a 100 as possible. I'm at 100 give or take without the late round - udfa types. Give me some constructive feedback.

Think this is the most accurate board out there though

Thank you. I've been waiting for this to enjoy tonight !!

I have one question because I have been wondering why hardly anyone on this board has mentioned Kenyon Green as a possible pick. And you left him off your board. Is he a persona non grata ?

Thanks for your response ahead of time.

Then how much confidence can you possibly have in our CBs, OL depth, DTs, DEs & WR depth?

We need to draft AT Least One player from Each of those 5 position groups before we even think about adding Yet Another LB to the room... And in two of those cases (CB & OL) we need to actually Double-Up.
I have more confidence in all of those positions compared to LB

I can tell you age plays a big part in this. It's a big deal when 18/19 yo perform at the level or better than JR/SR they're facing. A lot of the time 23-24 yo are close to maxed out in terms of potential. Basically what you see is what you get. Lot less upside.

Yes, that's fair, although it depends a lot on the position. All of them change a lot from 18-21 or so, but, physically, it's the strength positions that don't mature until 23-24. Wide receivers will be pretty much as explosive and dynamic at 21 as they are at 25, if not as experienced and smart. But that cuts both ways. You want your draftee to be as ready to play as possible rather than having to wait from them to grow into their strength -- by which time they are in the last couple of years of their deal.

Ok made quite a few changes to the board.

I'll move a name up or down. Might add a guy or two but looking to get at it as close to a 100 as possible. I'm at 100 give or take without the late round - udfa types. Give me some constructive feedback.

Think this is the most accurate board out there though

Thank you so much! I'd also be interested in your rankings of the guys that aren't your board because they are out of the Patriots' reach. But I really appreciate not just the amount of work but the integrity of putting your opinions out there to look back on. It's impressive how well they have stacked up in the past and I won't be surprised if they do again.

I have more confidence in all of those positions compared to LB

Same. My wishlist is a fast LB with one of their first 2 picks and a CB with the other, in either order. Excepting of course if an exceptional talent they feel great about at OL, DL, or WR falls in their lap.

I like this one
1651188280255.png

21. Patriots: George Karlaftis, edge rusher, Purdue.
Best available player, an assessment informed by their struggles when it comes to drafting and developing receivers.

Thank you. I've been waiting for this to enjoy tonight !!

I have one question because I have been wondering why hardly anyone on this board has mentioned Kenyon Green as a possible pick. And you left him off your board. Is he a persona non grata ?

Thanks for your response ahead of time.
Yup he was a tough one to leave off!! Took him off last night which means he's our RD1 pick. Just took Olave off too. Idk just not sure we'd go him RD1. Anyway Green and Kinnard actually tested out a little lower than others in terms of things we like believe it or not compared to others. Whereas Zion, Strange, Deaton and Ezudu came in very high. 9 & 10's on my scale.

This is what takes so long. Looking at all this individual ****, comparing it to other prospects. Narrowing it down. Not easy. No problem!

Ok final changes. I'm adding a name or two since I took off Olave (size RD1?)

Dean, Lloyd, Olave, Green, someone else????

Add/subtract?? Leaving the board final no touching it after 8pm.

Let me know guys!

Thank you so much! I'd also be interested in your rankings of the guys that aren't your board because they are out of the Patriots' reach. But I really appreciate not just the amount of work but the integrity of putting your opinions out there to look back on. It's impressive how well they have stacked up in the past and I won't be surprised if they do again.
Tinkered a bit but these are final

2011-2022

Appreciate it. I mean it sucks being wrong but wrong doesn't mean bad or dumb, just incorrect. I feel like I've done pretty well. Was actually thinking about making this my last year but I'm definitely doing the next two classes. Maybe call it quits. Life has been growing up quite a bit. Recently met Mac Jones at the B's game two weeks ago. We've been to a bunch of games. Really like football but it's a crazy hobby. I don't love it. We'll see what happens.

21. Patriots: George Karlaftis, edge rusher, Purdue.
Best available player, an assessment informed by their struggles when it comes to drafting and developing receivers.

Great pick. We need someone opposite Judon and Karlaftis is only 21 years old. Let's take someone who has produced in college plus has upside - at 21 years old the "greek freak" would be a great start to the night. I am thinking it will be Daxton Hill after a trade down, but Karlaftis is great too. Also have to think if Lloyd is there we will go with Lloyd or Karlaftis.

Ok final changes. I'm adding a name or two since I took off Olave (size RD1?)

Dean, Lloyd, Olave, Green, someone else????

Add/subtract?? Leaving the board final no touching it after 8pm.

Let me know guys!

Dean is too small, Olave is too slight, and Green is too weak. Very weak draft class overall. Lloyd, Karlaftis, and other big boys who have produced in college and still have upside, are the ones to target. Zion is still the least exciting, and the safest, pick of the draft - Zion is a beast.

Mentioned this to @midwestpatsfan in a text and here last night I believe but ....

"I looked at where we took Harry & Nixon and Watson, Pierce, Tolbert, Melton, Weston, Austin, Shakir and Nailor in same area. If we go WR I think it's one of them"

If we go WR I think it's one of them in appropriate round

*edit*
I'm leaving off Nailor bc of size/speed but he came in kind of high just don't think it's in the cards. I'd bet a little money we end up with one of the others if we go WR though.

Last edited:

2011-2022

Appreciate it. I mean it sucks being wrong but wrong doesn't mean bad or dumb, just incorrect. I feel like I've done pretty well. Was actually thinking about making this my last year but I'm definitely doing the next two classes. Maybe call it quits. Life has been growing up quite a bit. Recently met Mac Jones at the B's game two weeks ago. We've been to a bunch of games. Really like football but it's a crazy hobby. I don't love it. We'll see what happens.
Like is fun but Love is what it's all about. You have my utmost respect in your self-awareness.

Dean is too small, Olave is too slight, and Green is too weak. Very weak draft class overall. Lloyd, Karlaftis, and other big boys who have produced in college and still have upside, are the ones to target. Zion is still the least exciting, and the safest, pick of the draft - Zion is a beast.
Just added Lloyd

Just added Lloyd

I live by the Parcells quote (I know some hate him and I do too) that Parcells will always look for production in college as a first measure. If a player produces in college AND is an underclassman, that is the guy to draft. We were all 20 or 21 years old once, and we knew the growth curve from 20 to 24 is significant (as is the collapse curve from 50 to 60). Do you want Johnson III at 24 with no upside or Karlaftis at 21 with huge upside?

2011-2022

Sure looks like a great draft if you're a team in need of some serious help on defense. On the real though, that **** is impressive. You clearly have put in the work and then some. Cant be easy man. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back