PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

Good list.

After the Barmore hit, Mathis has to make sense, I'd think. Had to be real easy to scout him out and talk to Saban and Barmore. Mathis and Barmore look like twins on the scouting reports. Surprised he's graded in the 3rd round - if they grab him there, he might be a bigger steal than his twin!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, I apologize for that typo. Yikes!
I think age is a bit of a factor here. Barmore was drafted at 21 years old (turning 22 during training camp), while Mathis turned 24 on Tuesday. Only Wyatt and Raimann are other likely top-100 picks who are already 24.

It seems like all of the guys I wanted to slip to 21 are now all being projected to go before 21. I think we are all hoping one of Williams, Olave, or Davis slip but that is probably unlikely. From the start I assumed the Pats would try to trade back from 21, but I'm not sure the value will be there as more teams will be trying to trade back than move up. I hope they don't trade out of the first.

I think age is a bit of a factor here. Barmore was drafted at 21 years old (turning 22 during training camp), while Mathis turned 24 on Tuesday. Only Wyatt and Raimann are other likely top-100 picks who are already 24.

Maybe that is the way teams think, but it's clearly a business mistake.

If you draft a player, you have them for four years (up to five if they are a first-rounder). After that, they are free agents and the drafting team has to compete with all of the rest. It's a big difference to their future earnings if they are 25 or 28, but shouldn't make any significant difference to their value to the drafting team whether they are with them from 21-25 or from 24-28. That's what you are getting if you draft someone.

Curious if anyone has any concerns with DeMarvin Leal.

Found a random scouting report online saying he takes 60% of plays off, literally called him lazy. Noticed another post here showing a very low pressure rate per snap. Has anyone noticed this on his film? Haven’t had a chance to look at tape yet.

It seems like all of the guys I wanted to slip to 21 are now all being projected to go before 21. I think we are all hoping one of Williams, Olave, or Davis slip but that is probably unlikely. From the start I assumed the Pats would try to trade back from 21, but I'm not sure the value will be there as more teams will be trying to trade back than move up. I hope they don't trade out of the first.
They went up what? Like six or seven spots to get Jones in '12? No issues moving a third to hop into the mid teens if one of your guys ends up there.

Donny Osmond just revealed that he is announcing a Patriots'Pick tomorrow.

Curious if anyone has any concerns with DeMarvin Leal.

Found a random scouting report online saying he takes 60% of plays off, literally called him lazy. Noticed another post here showing a very low pressure rate per snap. Has anyone noticed this on his film? Haven’t had a chance to look at tape yet.
I wouldn't pay attention to that nonsense. Nowadays everyone is writing reports or mocks lol. He was out of position a lot of time at TAMU.

???
Of course LB is one of the most reasonable options at 21 (perhaps Lloyd) or with a trade down (perhaps Dean)
The leaks! Proof positive that they're leap-frogging the Chargers and Eagles to grab Jordan Davis.

Those sneaky bastards.

Maybe that is the way teams think, but it's clearly a business mistake.

If you draft a player, you have them for four years (up to five if they are a first-rounder). After that, they are free agents and the drafting team has to compete with all of the rest. It's a big difference to their future earnings if they are 25 or 28, but shouldn't make any significant difference to their value to the drafting team whether they are with them from 21-25 or from 24-28. That's what you are getting if you draft someone.
I can tell you age plays a big part in this. It's a big deal when 18/19 yo perform at the level or better than JR/SR they're facing. A lot of the time 23-24 yo are close to maxed out in terms of potential. Basically what you see is what you get. Lot less upside.

Thanks! Appreciate all your work on here.

Looks like it was “ex-scout” Dan Kelly

No problem.

Oh my goodness man. Run away, fast lol. That dude isn't right in the head and I mean that 100% seriously. It's actually a shame bc people are using him for clicks. I used to write for draft diamonds who was using him for attention. Honestly that guy is messed up in the head.

He was wearing a Hernandez jersey the other day lol.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back