PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

I have a solid 2nd on him and actually really really like him. LB4 for me. I think he's a good pro, potential top 15-20 at his spot. Honestly so much depends on who else is on there. I have Chenal a little higher but same range more ore less.

This is what Daniel Jeremiah says about him in his latest mock (he has GB taking him at 28)…

Walker could go much earlier than 28th overall on Thursday night. Defensive coaches are in love with his explosiveness and length.

Last edited:
Ok made quite a few changes to the board.

I'll move a name up or down. Might add a guy or two but looking to get at it as close to a 100 as possible. I'm at 100 give or take without the late round - udfa types. Give me some constructive feedback.

Think this is the most accurate board out there though
Thank you for doing this. I will be referencing this during the draft. Happy to see you think Travis Jones is worthy of a first round pick as I feel like either D or O line is the way to go at 21. While the need at LB is arguably a bigger need, the depth at that position in this draft should leave us good options on day 2. Do you agree the draft depth at LB is greater than that of both offensive and defensive line?

Also, who are the players on your board you would refuse offers of a trade back for at 21?
Thanks

Thank you for doing this. I will be referencing this during the draft. Happy to see you think Travis Jones is worthy of a first round pick as I feel like either D or O line is the way to go at 21. While the need at LB is arguably a bigger need, the depth at that position in this draft should leave us good options on day 2. Do you agree the draft depth at LB is greater than that of both offensive and defensive line?
Tough one. Definitely LB > OT in terms of depth this year. IOL is probably deeper. DL all together is pretty deep as well. That's close too.
Also, who are the players on your board you would refuse offers of a trade back for at 21?
Thanks
Very few brother. Guys in the green for first but if we're talking prospects falling than you have Stingley, Johnson etc ...

I will say this. If we're looking at WR I'm pretty confident we'll take Pierce, Watson, Tolbert, Moore in the 2nd.
Good work BGC, sad my boy Tre Turner didn't make the cut, but other than that I'm totally on board
I'll see what I can do. Making about 10-15 hard cuts after work.
thanks for the work man this will make things easier for us here.
My pleasure
a few questions if you don't mind:
- Why do you have Kyle Phillips below Ezukanma/ Bo Melton?
So I actually do this like how I grade prospects for real. Film/background & athletic testing. Athletic testing is the toughest part for sure. Which guys hit the size we like. Who's vert is higher. All separates these guys for each position.

Phillips came out very low among the WR's. Bottom 5-10 in no order were Phillips, Metchie, Turner, Polk, Bolden, W Robinson, Roberson. Metchie was so low for lack of size im sure he would have been higher with average, above average scores.
- Did McCall not make the cut or wasn't he even on the list?
Glad you reminded me. Him & Elliss came in kind of low side by side. Davis and Jones are obviously up. Jones actually came out ahead of Davis believe it. So I was going to flip a coin to see which one I should put up. Otito is up too. I might leave both off.

So let me know which one you guys want if I add. McCall or Elliss????? Again 50/50 bc they came out low.
- you seem to have rated Cade Mays higher than i see him on most big boards from mock draft simulators. I agree with that.
Yea I'm a fan he can play and has literally played every position on OL. UG & Tennessee. Mean sob. Tough not to have him on there.
- i thought i would see Dylan Parham and Zach Tom on the board. Can you explain that like do they not check some boxes or sth. else?
Tom came in kind of low. 50/50 on him. Probably adding Parham. So tough need to keep this as close to 100 as possible.
- good to see sam williams a little higher. I don't see much talk about him but he good. I can see him end up early third.
Williams is a favorite or mine I've talked about him a few times. Actually thought he might be a darkhorse HT replacement. Mentioned that a few times bc of the size, length, skill set but we'll see.
- i'm glad you did not listed nick bonitto. I think we need a different type than him if we go edge.
He actually came in #2 in terms of pure testing but we have Uche and just traded Wino.

Again if anyone has any names that should be added / dropped lmk.

Yikes some of the better rated WR's have not so good drop rates interesting. That speed demon Watson's drop rate is really high. Funny I have Skyy Moore and Pickens rated very high on my WR's list and both have the best hands from the class. Its said that Skyy Moore have Gronk type hands literally and figuratively.

Tough one. Definitely LB > OT in terms of depth this year. IOL is probably deeper. DL all together is pretty deep as well. That's close too.

Very few brother. Guys in the green for first but if we're talking prospects falling than you have Stingley, Johnson etc ...

I will say this. If we're looking at WR I'm pretty confident we'll take Pierce, Watson, Tolbert, Moore in the 2nd.

I'll see what I can do. Making about 10-15 hard cuts after work.

My pleasure

So I actually do this like how I grade prospects for real. Film/background & athletic testing. Athletic testing is the toughest part for sure. Which guys hit the size we like. Who's vert is higher. All separates these guys for each position.

Phillips came out very low among the WR's. Bottom 5-10 in no order were Phillips, Metchie, Turner, Polk, Bolden, W Robinson, Roberson. Metchie was so low for lack of size im sure he would have been higher with average, above average scores.

Glad you reminded me. Him & Elliss came in kind of low side by side. Davis and Jones are obviously up. Jones actually came out ahead of Davis believe it. So I was going to flip a coin to see which one I should put up. Otito is up too. I might leave both off.

So let me know which one you guys want if I add. McCall or Elliss????? Again 50/50 bc they came out low.
yup, i am not sure if they would beat out Davis for the rotational NT job. I would lean slightly towards McCall with bigger arms and wingspan but they don't have many significant differences. I don't know, who would you lean towards?
Yea I'm a fan he can play and has literally played every position on OL. UG & Tennessee. Mean sob. Tough not to have him on there.

Tom came in kind of low. 50/50 on him. Probably adding Parham. So tough need to keep this as close to 100 as possible.
I can only imagine that yeah,
Williams is a favorite or mine I've talked about him a few times. Actually thought he might be a darkhorse HT replacement. Mentioned that a few times bc of the size, length, skill set but we'll see.
you think he can play MLB? I like him as a bigger edge defender for us than we used to with wino or uche, which was my initial thought..
He actually came in #2 in terms of pure testing but we have Uche and just traded Wino.
yeah..the way we were not really able to use uche or wino makes me think to not use a day 2 pick on a speed rusher again who i don't expect to play much bc of run defense issues.
Again if anyone has any names that should be added / dropped lmk.

Lay off my man Mr Conley I'm going to cry when Pickens comes off the Board hopefully tears of joy as a Patriot. Pickens checks all the boxes.
I’m seriously asking any known contact from the Pats and him?

Attitude issues?
The kid has loads of talent.
George Pickens reminds of a cross between Julio Jones and A.J. Brown. I would hate to see him end up on either KC or Green Bay their WR Issues would be quickly solved. He's going to be a Beast on the outsides or in the Slot.

not sure if Bill the GM will have any press availability after tonight's pick - should they make one - but if he touts the player's special teams skills and "versatility" you know we're in for a guy who'll make little impact next season...

Most likely it will be Groh...

Attitude issues?
The kid has loads of talent.
he is a headcase according to multiple reports and it was covered here, idk if in this thread as well i lost an overview a bit

Other then the Pro Day no additional known contact with Pickens.
I’m going to say the Patriots aren’t interested.
I don't think the better Georgia players are lasting until our Third round selection but 21 and Trade-up from 54 can probably net us two from the program.

Really tough to tell when someone is called a headcase, because the biggest headcase of all coming out was Randy Moss. And he kind've lived up to that rep in the pros.

I remember before the draft a GM was in a sports apparel shop in NYC and Randy got into a yelling fight with a store manager because the store didn't carry any Marshall University gear. The GM was like, holy cow, this guy is out of his head.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back