PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

Steuber was All Big 10 and an All American.
Coach Don Brown on Andrew Stueber
"Several offensive line coaches that I have great respect for said he is the best offensive lineman in the east. His athletic ability is the key ingredient that sets him apart from other offensive tackles."

I agree 17 or 18 bench presses is light, but Steuber is 6'7" which makes the bench press a lot harder. You have to guess he needed to bulk up so he was given a red shirt year. Hopefully he is stronger and his athleticism shines bright in 2023.

I agree that lifting the 225 is more difficult for taller, longer-armed players...

But I wouldn't trust Donnie Brown as far as I could throw him... Dude's a snake-oil salesman.

Last edited:
I expect this ^ especially if Yodney Cajuste can stabilize that RT position.

If Mac improves, this team could improve mightily. If he stays the same or implodes they’ll make a change at QB.

If that happens, don’t be surprised when the offensive line and team magically starts playing better. Bad QB play can make all the parts around him look a lot worse than they actually are.

That's 4 Ifs.

Bottom line is: Bill should've rode with Zappy until he started soiling himself... which he did NOT do vs da Bears.

Corky MacSunshine soils himself on nearly Every Single pass attempt if his first read isn't immediately open.

Btw, one of my favorite quotes about weed came from comedian Steve Harvey, who said that all the comedians that he knows who smoked weed are poor.

Then he doesn't know too many comedians.

Bottom line is: Bill should've rode with Zappy until he started soiling himself... which he did NOT do vs da Bears.

Second half Bears game diaper change.

My opinion has been, and always will be, that coaches don't win games, players do. Coaches can only lose them. Give me the player over the coach any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Coaches can make players the way teachers can make students.

I agree that lifting the 225 is more difficult for taller, longer-armed players...

But I wouldn't trust Donnie Brown as far as I could throw him... Dude's a snake-oil salesman.

Don Brown, and the MI coaches, were right about M Onwenu. ;)

Why the Don Brown hate? He really had the BC defense looking good before he left for Michigan.

I'm not really sure why a defensive coach is commenting on offensive lineman now though.

edit- to be fair I don't follow college ball much other than BC and thought he was still at Michigan, so my opinion might be like 5 years old.

Why the Don Brown hate? He really had the BC defense looking good before he left for Michigan.

I'm not really sure why a defensive coach is commenting on offensive lineman now though.

edit- to be fair I don't follow college ball much other than BC and thought he was still at Michigan, so my opinion might be like 5 years old.

He was the dude pimping-off Wino, Uche & McGroan on us... What he said about Stubby means less than nothing to me.

He was the dude pimping-off Wino, Uche & McGroan on us... What he said about Stubby means less than nothing to me.
That's fair. I'm not expecting anything of Stueber until I see it. Would be nice if he could help but they still need a couple high drafted tackles to solve the problem at the draft.

Grogan went to Kansas State

Last edited:
looks like a natural
Is there any wonder why he wasn’t a cornhusker?
Edit: I mean, how’s he supposed to eat an ear of corn ??

Last edited:
Guess Onwenu is staying at Guard, where he's playing at a Pro Bowl level.

He's playing as a top 3-7 guard in the league. "Pro-Bowl caliber" hasn't meant anything really in 2 decades. The Best players are "ALL-Pros".

He's made it easy to understand why they made the move to send Mason to the Bucs.

OT has to be the #1 Priority going into the offseason. Ahead of everything except maybe a QB coach.

I'd like to hear @BaconGrundleCandy give us an idea of how many OTs are likely to be in the draft that are PTP type players. They need someone for RT and someone to develop behind Brown at LT unless my hunch about Strange is right. It would not surprise me at all to see the Pats pick 2 OTs high in the draft.

His lack of athletic ability you mean. He compensated by being smart, tough, physical, and big.

But look at his Combine results. Average to poor.

Don Brown was the defensive coordinator at the time anyway.

A rival OT from Michigan State blows Steuber away on the scores. AJ Arcuri was taken later in the same round and draft as the more highly touted Steuber. Except Arcuri is slightly bigger, more explosive, stronger, and a smart guy, too. Just not as durable in college as Steuber.

Combine results don't display game ability.

Everything you just stated about Stueber is essentially what Capt Stoner said about Onwenu. Except Stoner called Onweny a "Fat blob".

That being said, we don't know what the Pats have in Stueber. It's almost never a good sign for a player to loose that rookie year to injury. The list of late round OL draft picks that got injured and that people hoped would succeed in yr 2 but failed is pretty long, unfortunately.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back