PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

He's playing as a top 3-7 guard in the league. "Pro-Bowl caliber" hasn't meant anything really in 2 decades. The Best players are "ALL-Pros".

He's made it easy to understand why they made the move to send Mason to the Bucs.

OT has to be the #1 Priority going into the offseason. Ahead of everything except maybe a QB coach.

I'd like to hear @BaconGrundleCandy give us an idea of how many OTs are likely to be in the draft that are PTP type players. They need someone for RT and someone to develop behind Brown at LT unless my hunch about Strange is right. It would not surprise me at all to see the Pats pick 2 OTs high in the draft.
You should check out the Draft Forum, BGC has a thread up on OT/PTP. From my rather unsophisticated vantage point, this year’s draft doesn’t have any standout prospects at OT but has plenty of guys that are superior athletes that could fit the bill really well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That would be great for the Pats who have both cap space and good draft capital as things stand now.

I’ve been thinking OT as the #1 priority from the start of the year once I saw Wynn’s performance coupled with Herron’s washout and yet another year of injuries to Cajuste. Wynn is certainly unlikely to stay unless as a LG (he needs to be on the left), meaning I’m with you on RT being the more immediate priority. Your idea about Strange to LT given how his measurables compare to Matt Light’s is definitely an interesting one but my concern is that Light had the benefit of Scarnechhia’s coaching which is obviously not the situation now.

My hope Is that they spend some money in free agency for a plug and play RT (and to upgrade at WR, DL, and ILB), draft an impact athlete regardless of position in Round 1 (even at QB :oops:) then address OT and C in the mid rounds.

then address OT and C in the mid rounds.

We have Andrews and the Pats just promoted Russey from the practice squad to keep him so Center is a low priority. Free Safety on the other hand .......

Everything you just stated about Stueber is essentially what Capt Stoner said about Onwenu. Except Stoner called Onweny a "Fat blob".
I remember, "useless fat f*ck".
That being said, we don't know what the Pats have in Stueber. It's almost never a good sign for a player to loose that rookie year to injury. The list of late round OL draft picks that got injured and that people hoped would succeed in yr 2 but failed is pretty long, unfortunately.

I think Stueber was injured before training camp, as was Hines, and never came off the pre-camp injury report like Hines. Not sure if that is a better sign :oops:

I remember, "useless fat f*ck".

I think Stueber was injured before training camp, as was Hines, and never came off the pre-camp injury report like Hines. Not sure if that is a better sign :oops:
Funny, when i read this line ("useless fat f*ck"),i immediately think of Fat Matt.
Sometimes i think the only reason BB keeps him around is because he makes Bill look thin when they are standing next to each other. TBH I really cant come up with another reason for him being part of the team .

Funny, when i read this line ("useless fat f*ck"),i immediately think of Fat Matt.
Sometimes i think the only reason BB keeps him around is because he makes Bill look thin when they are standing next to each other. TBH I really cant come up with another reason for him being part of the team .

He is a very smart guy. Maybe not the most charismatic, kind of like Ernie Adams. No idea why that is hard for you to see.

We have Andrews and the Pats just promoted Russey from the practice squad to keep him so Center is a low priority. Free Safety on the other hand .......

Bill hasn't drafted a Center since Stork eight years ago... That horrible excrement Dusty Woody does NOT count... And Mongo was a Guard in college who successfully learned the position here... It's time we added another one to the mix so that Thanksdad never Ever plays another snap for us ever, Ever, EVAH again... Who knows what we really have in Russey; by this time next year we still might not know...

Bill hasn't drafted a Center since Stork eight years ago... That horrible excrement Dusty Woody does NOT count... And Mongo was a Guard in college who successfully learned the position here... It's time we added another one to the mix so that Thanksdad never Ever plays another snap for us ever, Ever, EVAH again... Who knows what we really have in Russey; by this time next year we still might not know...

Elevations to the 53 are usually made to make sure a player is not plucked off the practice squad because the coaching staff thinks the player is valuable. Yes, we do not know for sure, but indications are the Russey is a keeper.

D McC is retiring this year or next, we need a FS and OT much more desperately than Center.

He is a very smart guy. Maybe not the most charismatic, kind of like Ernie Adams. No idea why that is hard for you to see.
Maybe i am being too hard on him, but what is not hard for me to see is the two team operations he has been charged with are abject disasters. The offensive line is atrocious and the overall offense he runs has also been a failure by any metric you want to use. His QB has regressed badly. These are his responsibilities. Add this to his failure as a HC of the Lions and the hatred of him by his former players leads me to thinking he adds zero value to this team.

Elevations to the 53 are usually made to make sure a player is not plucked off the practice squad because the coaching staff thinks the player is valuable. Yes, we do not know for sure, but indications are the Russey is a keeper.

D McC is retiring this year or next, we need a FS and OT much more desperately than Center.
Isn't Bledsoe a FS? He's not been active much because of the team having Phillips, Peppers, and Dugger dressed. Really wish they'd dress Bledsoe over Bryant.

Maybe i am being too hard on him, but what is not hard for me to see is the two team operations he has been charged with are abject disasters. The offensive line is atrocious and the overall offense he runs has also been a failure by any metric you want to use. His QB has regressed badly. These are his responsibilities. Add this to his failure as a HC of the Lions and the hatred of him by his former players leads me to thinking he adds zero value to this team.

It has been half a season. The Pats are trying to change (modernize) their offense. It looks bad and the stats are bad -I agree. Let's wait until the end of the season and judge. Pats sometimes come alive in the 2nd half. Don't forget it's BB offensive change.

Isn't Bledsoe a FS? He's not been active much because of the team having Phillips, Peppers, and Dugger dressed. Really wish they'd dress Bledsoe over Bryant.
On PatsFans I read that Bledsoe is a FS, but I do not think he played FS much at Missouri and is under 6' tall so I never saw Bledsoe as a FS.

He's playing as a top 3-7 guard in the league. "Pro-Bowl caliber" hasn't meant anything really in 2 decades. The Best players are "ALL-Pros".

He's made it easy to understand why they made the move to send Mason to the Bucs.

OT has to be the #1 Priority going into the offseason. Ahead of everything except maybe a QB coach.

I'd like to hear @BaconGrundleCandy give us an idea of how many OTs are likely to be in the draft that are PTP type players. They need someone for RT and someone to develop behind Brown at LT unless my hunch about Strange is right. It would not surprise me at all to see the Pats pick 2 OTs high in the draft.
Early. This would be my rough PTP Board for T. Sorry missed this haven't been around lately.
RD1
Anton Harrison/Darnell Wright
Low end RD1/RD2
Matthew Bergeron
RD2
Peter Skoronski
Broderick Jones
RD3-4
Blake Freeland
Jaxson Kirkland
RD4-5
Doug Nester
Ryan Hayes
RD6-7
Olumuyiwa Fashanu

I’ll take a free agent OG/C and Syracuse’s Bergeron and Washington’s Kirkland for the OL revitalization, Mr Jeopardy guy or gal.

I just saw our division rival Jets manhandle our line with four down linemen.

Early. This would be my rough PTP Board for T. Sorry missed this haven't been around lately.
RD1
Anton Harrison/Darnell Wright
Low end RD1/RD2
Matthew Bergeron
RD2
Peter Skoronski
Broderick Jones
RD3-4
Blake Freeland
Jaxson Kirkland
RD4-5
Doug Nester
Ryan Hayes
RD6-7
Olumuyiwa Fashanu
How do you feel about Michigan’s RB Blake Corum? A tad too small to be considered a PTP? Kid’s a bowling ball. Reminds me of Rice or MJD. I’d love him in the 4th-5th rounds.

Last edited:
This OLine is horrible

Not to make excuses for Mac, but he's got multiple defenders in his face within 2 seconds of the ball being snapped on every single play.

Cole Strange is not able to handle big time DTs like Q Williams of the Jets.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back