PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

Dejarlais and Hambright battle it out for one guard spot with a value vet, late pick or UDFA. Onwenu at the other guard spot with Andrews at center and Ferentz backing him up. If they do draft an interior lineman later they should draft a guy who can play center.

If a franchise tackle (offensive or defensive) is staring them in the face at 21 they should take him no questions asked. It’s simple math, they make fewer impact 300+ pound athletes than 200 pound athletes… there’s fewer starters in every draft class. There’s plenty of talented regular sized guys. Build from the front back.

I saw where several scouts had good things to say about our Canadian.

I saw where several scouts had good things to say about our Canadian.
He was a Canadian All Star, he was the preeminent free agent leaving the CFL, he is a plus athlete and was the first free agent they signed. He should raise the level of competition at Guard in camp.

Brown-Wynn-Andrews-Onwenu-Steuber

Making the jump from inferior FCS play to the pros will come with some bumps along the way, Mr. Strange.

Steuber is more pro ready.

Why Thuney was not on most teams’ board as a first-rounder. His arms.

They are short.

Brown-Wynn-Andrews-Onwenu-Steuber

Making the jump from inferior FCS play to the pros will come with some bumps along the way, Mr. Strange.

Steuber is more pro ready.
I think it will be Wynn-Strange-Andrews-Onwenu-Brown.
I’d like it to be Brown at LT and Wynn at RT but I’ll trust Bill to make the best choice for the team.

I think Strange will be closer to starting than Steuber but we’ll see how campngoes. I’m really hoping Dante will be bored enough in retirement to spend a few afternoons with the youngsters.

I think with Strange starting and picking up Steuber and Hines, we have more depth on the O-line than we've had in years.
???
Why are Steuber any better as acquisitions than past 6th and 7th rounders. I would be very surprised if either makes the 53.

STARTERS: Wynn, Strange, Andrews, Onwenu, Brown
TOP BACKUPS: Herron, Dejarlais (yes, he could be our starter if he beats out Strange (not likely, but certainly OK)

I like this OL. Running on the right side will be fun.
=============================================
I do agree that the draftees would be competing for the two backup spots as of now. I wouldn't expect either to make the Practice Squad. As an aside, I expect a veteran addition, who would be our #8 active offensive lineman.

OG
Sherman, Ferentz, Hambright

OT
Durant, Cajuste (a lock for the 53 if he is healthy)

With the Pats drafting Chasen Hines, reported signing his teammate Liam Shanahan and reportedly signing Kody Hussey, I think it's safe to say that the Patriots are desperately trying to find a replacement for Ferentz as the back-up center.

Regarding Hussey, I actually asked @BCG for his opinion after Hussey's Pro Day..

???
Why are Steuber any better as acquisitions than past 6th and 7th rounders. I would be very surprised if either makes the 53.

TOP BACKUPS: Herron, Dejarlais (yes, he could be our starter if he beats out Strange (not likely, but certainly OK)

I do agree that the draftees would be competing for the two backup spots as of now. I wouldn't expect either to make the Practice Squad. As an aside, I expect a veteran addition, who would be our #8 active offensive lineman.

OG

OT
Friendly bet, our two late round O-lineman are making the team. Goodbye Sherman and Hambright

Please bring back Popovich, the co-coach of the OL two years ago.

He was bumped into Purgatory for refusing the Death Jab before the start of last season.

Isn’t his name Cole like Strange?

Someone said, maybe it was DaBruinz, that he is coaching at Troy University in New York. How does one spell Schenectady? Is that right?

Goodbye, Ferentz. Do you want to start coaching like your dad and brothers? How about assisting Yates?

With the Pats drafting Chasen Hines, reported signing his teammate Liam Shanahan and reportedly signing Kody Hussey, I think it's safe to say that the Patriots are desperately trying to find a replacement for Ferentz as the back-up center.

Regarding Hussey, I actually asked @BCG for his opinion after Hussey's Pro Day..

lynne koplitz love sweat & tears GIF by Kino Lorber

Ferentz is on this team until he retires, BB retires or nuclear winter…whichever comes first.

Friendly bet, our two late round O-lineman are making the team. Goodbye Sherman and Hambright
A 2 part friendly bet?

I agree that Sherman and Hambright are unlikely to make the 53.

I expect that the two as of now are Cajuste and Ferentz, although I expect one or both to be replaced on the 53 by one or two veterans.

Last edited:
Goodbye, Ferentz. Do you want to start coaching like your dad and brothers? How about assisting Yates?
A backup OC will be active every week. That player is hopefully NOT currently on the roster. However, I would not be at all surprised if that player is Ferentz.

Last edited:
???

OG

OT
Congratulations to James Ferentz for his persistence, but despite his knowledge of the system we have to do better. I have seen enough of Durant already. Don't know anything about Sherman other than his presence on the team last year. Still hold out hope for Yodny with a year under his belt. The new guys sound intriguing,

The free agent center very well might make the team, the short guy from Houston. He’s a good, smart player.

The free agent center very well might make the team, the short guy from Houston. He’s a good, smart player.
I put the likelihood of Belichick trusting the UDFA center over Ferentz as about .02%

A backup OC will be active every week. That player is hopefully NOT currently on the roster. However, I would not be at all surprised if that player is Ferentz.

Oh, I thought Strange played C as well as G? No? Hmmm.

The line seems good and deep inside, and good and shallow outside.

Oh, I thought Strange played C as well as G? No? Hmmm.

The line seems good and deep inside, and good and shallow outside.
According to Brugler's draft guide, just one game at center in 2019. He also played there during Senior Bowl week.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back