PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

New England on Saturday placed rookie guard Chasen Hines on injured reserve and activated tackle Yodny Cajuste off IR. They also elevated undrafted rookie center Kody Russey from the practice squad for Sunday’s game against the New York Jets.

An already great offensive line just got substantially better and deeper. Now we need to eliminate the penalties, maybe committing to one QB and one cadence will improve those as well.

New England on Saturday placed rookie guard Chasen Hines on injured reserve and activated tackle Yodny Cajuste off IR. They also elevated undrafted rookie center Kody Russey from the practice squad for Sunday’s game against the New York Jets.

An already great offensive line just got substantially better and deeper. Now we need to eliminate the penalties, maybe committing to one QB and one cadence will improve those as well.

Just what THE **** did Chasin' Hinds do to warrant his being placed on IR, the ****ing lazy ****ing blob?

Just what THE **** did Chasin' Hinds do to warrant his being placed on IR, the ****ing lazy ****ing blob?
He wasn’t healthy in camp so they didn’t get a good look at him. Now they’ve had him in the system and practicing for weeks, and the injury to Andrews puts the need for another interior guy who can play center in focus. Also I don’t think Hines is that good, he belongs on the PS and Russey belongs on the active roster.

Cajuste provides tackle depth, it won’t surprise me to see Wynn inactive tomorrow and traded on Monday.

Cajuste provides tackle depth, it won’t surprise me to see Wynn inactive tomorrow and traded on Monday.

A lot of the trade scenarios on PatsFans never happen, but this one makes sense if we get $5M is cap relief.

I don’t think Hines is that good, he belongs on the PS and Russey belongs on the active roster. Cajuste provides tackle depth, it won’t surprise me to see Wynn inactive tomorrow and traded on Monday.
Agree

Wynn's issues are on him and his lack of effort/concentration. LT is a more important position than RT. Brown was better than Wynn and beat him out for LT. The choice for Wynn was to move to RT or sit on the bench as backup LT. It is fair to expect that Wynn would not be affected by changing positions. Leading the league in penalties and playing like a turnstile is him not trying because he was not happy with the switch.
I strongly disagree. Why not asked Strange to play RT? or Smith?

A lot of the trade scenarios on PatsFans never happen, but this one makes sense if we get $5M is cap relief.
Someone is likely to take him for a 6th or 7th. And, yes, we would get the cap relief.

I strongly disagree. Why not asked Strange to play RT? or Smith?
I meant to say that it is fair to expect that Wynn would be impacted by a switch of position. My basic point is that he has not given his best effort. He is lucky to have a job that pays him $10m to go through the motions without being fired.

Brown is likely only good for one more season.
Andrews seems good for the next 2 seasons.
Onwenu is still on rookie deal through next season (not sure we can afford him in a FA bidding war?)
Strange looks like a solid find - good for 3 more seasons.
Cajuste's rookie deal ends after this season, and who knows if he'll be worth signing.
Seems we're going to need a new LT & RT next year. (Draft & FA)

OL sucked today, again...

No push up the middle in the running game, consistently leaky pass protection on the edges, more penalties... Bad football players playing bad football in front of an even worse QB...

No push up the middle in the running game, consistently leaky pass protection on the edges, more penalties... Bad football players playing bad football in front of an even worse QB...
Strange had his worst game as a pro IMO...I hope for a return to his previous form against the Colts. Ferentz started off looking like crap on toast....got better as the game progressed.

Cleveland has a higher sack percentage than the Jets, despite throwing 34 times to Mac’s 35 times yesterday Zappe was sacked twice.

The difference was Zappe checked it down to his underneath guys, Mac literally had Damien Harris uncovered 6 feet away, pump faked like he was going to check down but pulled it back and took the sack. It happened again with Jonnu standing all alone in the flat with his hands up. It’s not the line.

Quinnen Williams is a superior player and played a hell of a game… but a lot of those sacks were unnecessary as there were outlet receivers waiting uncovered for the pass. Anyone pretending Mac played well just because they won is doing exactly that… pretending. His career got saved on that bogus roughing the passer call, otherwise we’d have seen Zappe in the second half.

People blaming the OL just have no idea what they are talking about. Jones is a braindead statue back there like 50% of the time it seems.

bogus roughing the passer call

Nothing bogus about it. Refs set the tone when they flagged Peppers earlier for hitting someone slightly out of bounds.

Nothing bogus about it. Refs set the tone when they flagged Peppers earlier for hitting someone slightly out of bounds.
It was bogus. You'd be screaming robbery if it went the other way. It's fine to say we got bailed out there. You get some called for you and some against you

It was bogus. You'd be screaming robbery if it went the other way. It's fine to say we got bailed out there. You get some called for you and some against you

Nah. Led with a helmet and hit high.

The right tackle spot has been an abject disaster this year. Neither Wynn or Cannon are the answer there. They should give Cajuste a shot at the starting RT unless they can add another tackle today. I would also be fine with the Pats adding a guard then moving Onwenu out to tackle.

Their line simply isn't good enough right now, but last year the line improved as the season went on so hopefully that can happen organically here if no moves are made.

IMO Cannon is a better RT then Wynn and I think he will get better as the season goes on....he has some rust.

The right tackle spot has been an abject disaster this year. Neither Wynn or Cannon are the answer there. They should give Cajuste a shot at the starting RT unless they can add another tackle today. I would also be fine with the Pats adding a guard then moving Onwenu out to tackle.

Their line simply isn't good enough right now, but last year the line improved as the season went on so hopefully that can happen organically here if no moves are made.
Cannon is fine at RT, other than his injuries.

Moving Cajuste to RT is just another effort at moving a player out of position.

Cannon is fine at RT, other than his injuries.

Moving Cajuste to RT is just another effort at moving a player out of position.
Why is Cajuste out of position at RT? I think he eventually finds his way there... especially if they trade Wynn today.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back