PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2022 NFL Playoff Saturday - Wild Card Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to @Ross12 , I forget about him as well. He's a weird talent. Maybe it's because I hate the Ravens and Harbaugh so much. ;)
My point wasn't "who is good", my point was "who has proven themselves". Herbert is playing in his first playoff game, he hasn't proven anything. Jackson is 1-3 in the playoffs with 3 TDs and 5 INTs. I'm not sold yet. There's a gap between "being a good QB" and "proven he can make a playoff run."

Reactions: Ian
This is also a battle of "next generation QBs" and so far it's not impressive. Lawrence is hot garbage and Herbert is OK but his sidearm throws are grating. How many QBs in the NFL under 30 have really proven they are for real? Mahomes, Allen, Burrow? That's about it.

(Of course all 3 are in the AFC... sigh)
We had our time ruling the AFC with our stud qb for a good 20 years. I doubt any of these teams will enjoy it for that long.

We went to one also, and they are indeed very rude. It was Week two of 2018, and they actually beat us 31-20, and they pointed and said all kinds of nonsense and were crazy aggressive.

However, from there, the Jaguars lost 8 of their next 9, including 7 straight losses, and finished 5-11.

We obviously won the Super Bowl.

But hey Jaguars fans, great week two win. Good for you. :cool:
That was the year after we beat the Jags in the AFCCG where they felt they were robbed (calling down on contact after recovering a Dion Lewis fumble). We were clearly thei SB that year. Like we were for many other teams during that era.

• Agree
That was the year after we beat the Jags in the AFCCG where they felt they were robbed (calling down on contact after recovering a Dion Lewis fumble). We were clearly thei SB that year. Like we were for many other teams during that era.
I really miss Dion Lewis. Here's hoping for Pierre Strong's year 2 breakout.

My point wasn't "who is good", my point was "who has proven themselves". Herbert is playing in his first playoff game, he hasn't proven anything. Jackson is 1-3 in the playoffs with 3 TDs and 5 INTs. I'm not sold yet.
None of them have, but you brought up kind of an interesting point because it sort of got me thinking about the "changing of the guard" that's sort of going on. We've seen several big names walk away in recent years, with Brady maybe around for 1-2 more, Wilson likely at the end and Rodgers also potentially done. Matt Ryan is done, Phillip Rivers is done, Joe Flacco (not that he was amazing, but he won a championship and was a pain), Roethlisberger, etc. A lot of big names not really being replaced by guys who have shown us much so far.

what player are the Jags gonna put on Keenean Allen in the 2nd half to allow the Jags to get back in the game??? I don't see that player...I see a Roomful Of Jags secondary blues band...

The only thing worse are DBs who won't tackle. I've seen them (Jags) turn their backs to the ballcarrier a couple times at least tonight.

I'd take Herbert ahead of Burrow.

Herbert can take a beating. He stands in there. Has a much better arm. Better accuracy, better runner. Herbert does basically everything better than Burrow.
That is a ridiculously ignorant post.
I like Herbert . He has huge potential.
But Burrow is head and shoulders better.
1. Mahomes
2.Burrow
3.Allen
Those 3 are elite
4.Herbert. He's not elite...yet. Probably will be. Will he ever be as good as Burrow?
I don't think so.

None of them have, but you brought up kind of an interesting point because it sort of got me thinking about the "changing of the guard" that's sort of going on. We've seen several big names walk away in recent years, with Brady maybe around for 1-2 more, Wilson likely at the end and Rodgers also potentially done. Matt Ryan is done, Phillip Rivers is done, Joe Flacco (not that he was amazing, but he won a championship and was a pain), Roethlisberger, etc. A lot of big names not really being replaced by guys who have shown us much so far.
Yeah that's my thinking as well. A bunch of those guys proved they could be counted on to get into the postseason and make some noise with regularity. Besides Mahomes, Allen and Burrow, the only other young QB I can think of who's made a deep run is Jared Goff...

It would be hilarious if Staley blew this game……

Like to see the Jags make a game out of it

Can this turnout to be a big choke job? Can it... cant it...

Samuel Jr is an absolute baller

the only other young QB I can think of who's made a deep run is Jared Goff...
Felt a little like he got a bit of a raw deal by getting kicked to the curb like that, with the Rams obviously getting the better of that deal from Stafford - at least for one season.

Glad to see him starting to make some noise in Detroit. Although I can't watch a game without being like, "Why is Ryan Gosling playing quarterback?"

I see Dee Ford joined the Chargers…

Not offside lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill