PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2022 NFL Playoff Saturday - Wild Card Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well I think you're ridiculously ignorant!!!

LOL.

I mean, really now, Burrow ahead of Allen. You can't be serious.

You'll see about Herbert. He'll surpass Burrow.

All year long he's had to deal with the worst protection in the league. And tonight, the rookie 6th rounder doesn't can't even provide resistance to their coach on the sidelines.

They should take Salyer out because he's being abused badly.

I watch a lot of Herbert and he just doesn't flinch under extreme pressure. He takes the bit. Burrow is the opposite of that. He needs protection to do what he does.
Deja vu. You remind me of all the Brady naysayers back in the day.
"Peytons better" " dink and dunk" Big Ben is better" " Rivers is better". " system qb".
Brady is the GOAT. Nobody else will approach what he's done for a long time.
Burrow is nowhere close to Brady and probably will never be. But he's closer to Tom than anyone except Mahomes.
Yes,Burrow> Allen. Compare their postseason performances. That what separated TB12 from everyone else.
Burrow is clutch. Allen hasn't proven yet that he is. Mahomes has.
Herbert hasn't proven sh.it yet

Wilson has already fallen apart and Rodgers looks halfway toast too IMO. Brady is a robot and can probably maintain at least above average play for several more years. But, yeah, the "new guard" of QBs sucks.
Not sure how you can justify that comment with an upper tier of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Herbert. Second tier of Jackson, Watson and Hurts. I'm not giving up on Murray yet either. Lawrence and Fields look at least very promising. That's 10 right there.

If you want to dig a little deeper, then Dak is still under 30, he's pretty good. Purdy might be something?... My skepticism is fading. Tua? Maybe, if concussions don't derail his career. Even Pickett looked pretty good by the end of the season.

Lawrence needs to calm down. Feels like a big deficit, but it's not. And they still have another full quarter to go.

Chargers blowing this!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Not sure how you can justify that comment with an upper tier of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Herbert. Second tier of Jackson, Watson and Hurts. I'm not giving up on Murray yet either. Lawrence and Fields look at least very promising. That's 10 right there.

If you want to dig a little deeper, then Dak is still under 30, he's pretty good. Purdy might be something?... My skepticism is fading. Tua? Maybe, if concussions don't derail his career. Even Pickett looked pretty good by the end of the season.
@Ross12 's point is none of them have proven anything yet. Plenty of promise, but still plenty of questions.

Let's go Jags!

The choke is on!!!

We got ourselves a game ladies and gents.

• Agree
Don't really want the Jags to win, but a comeback is at least interesting

• Agree
Staley's head is the size of a golf ball.

Yeah I was drawing a line of "Guys under 30 who have made a run" and kind of moved the goal posts to "a run" meaning making a championship game. That list is only Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Jared Goff. I don't really mean that the QBs suck, just that very very few young QBs have proven themselves in the postseason.

But yeah it sounds like you're even talking yourself into my position lol. The AFCCG will probably still be Mahomes vs. Burrow or Allen so no changes there, but the NFCCG could host Hurts, Prescott, Daniel Jones, Purdy - so high likelihood the NFC gives us a new "under 30" member this year unless it somehow ends up being Tampa vs Minnesota.

• Agree
Unsportsmanlike on Bosa, 15 yards. They’re imploding. You can take the Chargers out of San Diego, but they’re still the Chargers….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents