PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFL Draft, Who is YOUR GUY ?

I think Olave is a cross between Calvin Ridley minus the gambling problem and Tyler Boyd with a little more juice.

I've said since early last year and still believe that Davis will be in range or there at 21. He's not going top 10-12. You'll see 3-4 tackles, 4-5 pass rushers, 2-3 CB and maybe a QB or two taken. I don't think there's ever been a top 10 without a QB, WR, TE or RB taken in the top 10 and that could change this year. Anyway that's who you'll see come off the board first. Plus consider who's there at the moment. Giants have Dex they're not taking Davis and neither is Carolina. I can't see anyone else taken him over a OT, CB, Pass Rusher in that top 15 range. Think there's a 65-75% chance he's there for a small trade if we like. The chargers really are the biggest obstacle.
I’ve had my fingers crossed that their signing of Austin Johnson to a reasonably big money deal means NT is off the table for them. I know the Pats signed Keith Traylor and then drafted Wilfork, but Traylor was well into his 30s while Johnson will only be 28. I recognize he’s a little lighter though, and they may want a real big guy as well. But I’m hoping it takes that priority away from them in the 1st.

Last edited:
I’ve had my fingers crossed that their signing of Austin Johnson to a reasonably big money deal means NT is off the table for them. I know the Pats signed Keith Traylor and then drafted Wilfork, but Traylor was well into his 30s while Johnson will only be 28. I recognize he’s a little lighter though, and they may want a real big guy as well. But I’m hoping it takes that priority away from them in the 1st.
They also added joseph day who is primary a run stopper

Good catch! Let's hope brother. I know they added Day too. Idk I'm keeping out hope he'll be within a few spots.

there are 3 players that possibly could drop enough for us to go get that I would put in this category:
1) Williams (speed kills!)
2) Davis (would love to see him teamed with Barmore. It would free up our LBs ad S to make plays)
3) Stingley. (Would be great story but it seems the hope he could drop is fading)

Jordan Davis

I’m gonna go with Jermaine Johnson. I think him or Karlaftis will drop. I’d take which ever is available.
Also, watching Olave reminded me of Marvin Harrison. Not as fast though. Funny that his kid is now at Thee Ohio State U so I can watch him next year.
I don't know if Harris was faster than Olave. There are no official records of Harris running the 40 at his combine OR pro day. As we know, Olave ran a 4.39 at the combine, which is pretty damned fast. And if you watch some of his video, he burned past a lot of guys, got separation and open deep quite often. But I can see the Marvin Harrison comparison, Olave really is a technician routes wise.

I have really warmed on Metchie, but definitely not in the 1st. Kalil Shakir is my binky along with Paschal.

Nakobe Dean

For day 2 I add
Dylan parham
Cole strange
Nick cross
Deangelo malone

For day 3
McCall
Ridgeway
....and any other Nt

there are 3 players that possibly could drop enough for us to go get that I would put in this category:
1) Williams (speed kills!)
2) Davis (would love to see him teamed with Barmore. It would free up our LBs ad S to make plays)
3) Stingley. (Would be great story but it seems the hope he could drop is fading)

Add Mcduffie and Hamilton to that list, and those are the 5 players I’m hoping at least one falls to us at 21. Any one of those players and I’d feel like we got a total steal. We could really use a selection like that falling to us. Getting a top 10 talent would go a real long way towards getting us back into contention quickly. Let’s hope at least 4-6 teams make stupid decisions. Not out of the real of possibility

The only prospect I want in the 1st who is likely to still be available is Daxton Hill. I believe Davis, Williams, Lloyd, and Wyatt will all be gone, so Hill is probably going to be the best pick at that point
Daxton Hill was asked to do a lot at Michigan. He excelled at everything. A most underrated player whose skill set should thrive in the NFL.

His teammate Hutchinson is overrated, but Hill is underrated.

I bet the Patriots are ga-ga about this player. If he’s there at 21…

Everything I heard about Jordan Davis is that he is a one-trick pony, but he's very good at that one trick, which is stopping the run...
And he’ll only be able to play 30% of the snaps.

A big 0 technique NT can be found later. Why Bill didn’t try to bring back Danny Shelton last year for a third time is a valid criticism.

DAXTON HILL

A top 10 talent who can fall to us at 21.

Daxton Hill was asked to do a lot at Michigan. He excelled at everything. A most underrated player whose skill set should thrive in the NFL.

His teammate Hutchinson is overrated, but Hill is underrated.

I bet the Patriots are ga-ga about this player. If he’s there at 21…
How is Hutchinson overrated ?
He actually showed good pass rush skills with a variety of moves and a high pass rush win rate where for example travon walker is very limited there and despite playing next to two first round DT like Davis and Wyatt he has maybe half the pass rush win rate than Hutch and his moves are limited. Hutch is also able to use different moves or combine them to win , if his initial plan isn’t working.

How is Hutchinson overrated ?
He actually showed good pass rush skills with a variety of moves and a high pass rush win rate where for example travon walker is very limited there and despite playing next to two first round DT like Davis and Wyatt he has maybe half the pass rush win rate than Hutch and his moves are limited. Hutch is also able to use different moves or combine them to win , if his initial plan isn’t working.
Arms not long enough. The consensus that he’s a clear-cut number one is what I’m dismissing as a dissident voice.

He works his butt off and is athletic and tall. But watch NFL tackles frustrate him. Heck, Michigan State’s good transfer OT, Jarrett Horst, handled him surprisingly well. Then State brings in a backup to sub and Hutchinson became unstoppable.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back