PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFC & AFC Championship pregame thread

I know math is hard but having 3 wins and then 2 losses is better than having 1 win and then 2 losses.

So is logic. If he goes 1-2 he still has a shot at winning a few more and going 3-2 or better. Winning Super Bowls are as much luck as it is skill. Timmy himself said in his podcast that the best team doesn’t always win, so relax and just let Mahomes career play out. You don’t seem to have the same hate towards Burrow, who has beaten Mahomes 3 straight times.

So is logic. If he goes 1-2 he still has a shot at winning a few more and going 3-2 or better. Winning Super Bowls are as much luck as it is skill. Timmy himself said in his podcast that the best team doesn’t always win, so relax and just let Mahomes career play out. You don’t seem to have the same hate towards Burrow, who has beaten Mahomes 3 straight times.

I don't hate Burrow because literally no one anywhere ever has said he's the Baby GOAT or going for GOAT or some permutation of that after one freaking Super Bowl. I know you're pretty stupid, but its actually simple. I am mad over things that actually HAPPENED and not mad over things that HAVEN'T happened.

I don't hate Burrow because literally no one anywhere ever has said he's the Baby GOAT or going for GOAT or some permutation of that after one freaking Super Bowl. I know you're pretty stupid, but its actually simple. I am mad over things that actually HAPPENED and not mad over things that HAVEN'T happened.

So you're insecure about Brady - just as I thought. This forum was full of anti-Manning fans up until about 2015 as well. I guess Mahomes is the new Manning on this board.

Also, Manning was 1-2 in Super Bowls until he won SB 50. Now he's considered a top 3 QB all time (and would probably rank higher if he had a good coach like Belichick).

So again, just chill with the "Mahomes will be John Elway forever if he loses" prognostications.

So you're insecure about Brady - just as I thought. This forum was full of anti-Manning fans up until about 2015 as well. I guess Mahomes is the new Manning on this board.

Also, Manning was 1-2 in Super Bowls until he won SB 50. Now he's considered a top 3 QB all time (and would probably rank higher if he had a good coach like Belichick).

So again, just chill with the "Mahomes will be John Elway forever if he loses" prognostications.

Definitely things a real Patriots fan says.

Definitely things a real Patriots fan says.

I just like good football and watching good football players. Sorry if I appreciate players outside NE and don’t worship at Brady’s feet like you do.

Two really great stories this year: SF and Cincy, Purdy and Burrow. I'd love to see a Cincy/SF Super Bowl. I'd root for SF, because they have been my pick all along. Philly is an ugly team representing an ugly city. I always root against them. I'm indifferent re KC. I appreciate 'em. but I don't care about 'em..
So that's who I like. Who do I think will win: Cincinnati, probably over Philly, alas.

Who would you cheer for if it was Chiefs-Eagles?

It's rare where both road teams win the conference title games.

92, 97, 2012, and 2018.
Eagles, I guess

I cannot believe anyone here is that goddamn stupid to think this isn't a work. Yes he'll play. But he WILL be injured. High ankle sprains dont get better in a week. That is literally a fact. We have seen this exact same script before with Brady and Gronk before two separate Super Bowls! The lies that they were actually all fine, feeling better, false alarm, etc. It's bulls.hit. I gurantee you after the media portion of practice that Mahomes is taken off the field and back into whatever rehab he's doing.

Christ you people are stupid.

not all high ankle sprains are equal tho, like Gronk had his ankle turned into a literal L... and he played 2 weeks later, albeit incredibly limited

Mahomes wasn't nearly that bad, but it will still effect him over the course of the game. I'm sure they'll give him some painkiller shots before kickoff and at halftime, but there is definitely going to be some plays where he tweaks that ankle

not all high ankle sprains are equal tho, like Gronk had his ankle turned into a literal L... and he played 2 weeks later, albeit incredibly limited

Mahomes wasn't nearly that bad, but it will still effect him over the course of the game. I'm sure they'll give him some painkiller shots before kickoff and at halftime, but there is definitely going to be some plays where he tweaks that ankle
Then there is Terrell Owens with a broken bone and torn ligaments in his ankle requiring surgery who nearly killed us. Amazing what people can do if they really want it.

I’m sure Burrow will appreciate this.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back