PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

Its ok DaBruinz it was just for a bit of fun and I was struggling to find some picks for the draft...no probs.
Bailey is due for a big bump in pay in his final year under contract. I would love to sign him to an extension but it’s not out of the question for Bill to find a cheaper alternative if a deal can’t be reached.

Sample mock, will only need a 2nd-3rd corner and an extra RB next year......maybe a safety and more lb too.

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 26
Bailey is due for a big bump in pay in his final year under contract. I would love to sign him to an extension but it’s not out of the question for Bill to find a cheaper alternative if a deal can’t be reached.

And Araiza is left footed.

BB loves left footers

In almost every mock draft I have done I have traded back and got 2 or 3 extra picks. This time I was already to trade back and I see Jameson Williams is available. I feel he might develop into an elite receiver so no trade back. Then in the second round all the cbs I like are off the board, but Nick Bonitto is there and he would look nice opposite Judon. I never did find a cb I liked, but the ol needed shoring as well and I was happy to add to them. My one mistake was in the 5th round when I took Araiza for some reason I thought that was the last pick and I feel Bill is going to take him in one of the later rounds.

As good as Bailey is Bill does not usually extend punters especially if he can grab one in the draft. Oh well when I found I had more picks I tried finding both a dl and a backfield defender. I'm not sure how they will develop, we will see. The hb was just best player available at that time and will add a little competition to the running back room.

Here is my draft.

1649167503428.png

Todd McShay seems to love the idea of Nakobe Dean to the Patriots. His latest mock has them taking Dean at 21 and Elam at 54.

If we don’t land a CB with first pick I hope BB trades up in second round, like he did last year, if one of the top 8 (if you consider Dax Hill a corner) falls into the 40’s. After that crew I’m not as confident he’ll land a starter or big rotational piece.
If the Pats trade back a few picks in the 1st and pick up extra 3rds or whatever then BB can use that capital to move back up in 2nd and hopefully still have a 3rd.

Fast LBs, try that McKenzie end-around ****e now, just try it!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back